Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Flip Side

Old 2009.05.09, 10:42 PM   #1
pinwc4

Version 0.33 of Flip Side Racing Software now available

A new release is available, you can download it from the site:
http://www.flipsideracing.org/

As per usual I would recommend keeping a backup copy of the previous version around. Here are the most interesting changes with this new version:

New Features
  • Staggered start, for this race type each person gets their own timer. During the race it estimates each person pace to determine ranking. At the end it ranks according to final laps/times.
  • Rank by best lap
  • Splash Screen at Startup

Changes, Enhancements
  • Detects if another copy is running to prevent multiple copies from being launched
  • Backup table for lap times, no restore function yet but all lap times are recorded to a backup table that will not be modified by the application.

Bug fixes
  • No longer will create duplicate race profile entries if you accidently use the same name twice
  • Sort by best lap time in summary table now works
  • Statistics screen should handle decimal separators other than . now.
  • Merge, split lap should function with decimal seperators other than. now.
  • Fixed bug that could cause application to crash if you try to sort the summary table and a racer has no laps.
  • Clear buffers at the beginning of the race to stop the app from adding racers to a new race when they are not actually in that race.
  • Added logic to try to prevent double adding of racers to a race and sped up automatic adding of racers.

Other things were fixed but this was the most interesting stuff. Let me know what bugs you encounter or even fill out a ticket on the Flip Side Racing website. You will have to create an account before you can do that.

While we ran our races tonight using this software and tested the new features you will still encounter bugs. This software is still a beta version, I am constantly working to improve this program and need your feedback.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.10, 03:09 AM   #2
imxlr8ed

Very cool... I hope to get a chance to try it out this week. Awesome what you have done so far, I seen it in action up at NYRC and it looked awesome!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.15, 09:14 PM   #3
John-NYC

We ran the new version Tuesday night at NYRC. There were 3 heats of 6 or 7 guys and we ran staggered starts with no problem. Thank You for the great, easy to use software. How do others using this software setup heats and races and sort mains etc... I know this cant be done and it is much work to build into the software but what options are there ??

Last edited by John-NYC; 2009.05.15 at 09:16 PM.
John-NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.05.16, 08:48 PM   #4
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-NYC View Post
We ran the new version Tuesday night at NYRC. There were 3 heats of 6 or 7 guys and we ran staggered starts with no problem. Thank You for the great, easy to use software. How do others using this software setup heats and races and sort mains etc... I know this cant be done and it is much work to build into the software but what options are there ??
Thanks for the update, glad to know it works for you. I was starting to worry that no one had noticed the update since we moved to a different forum.

I do not know what people are doing for sorting their races. Our club is small enough that we can figure it out in our head.

But I am working on this set of features finally. Since I have most of the basic features done and most major bugs worked out, I have made a separate code branch to work on the event management. But it will be many months before it is completed.....
Old 2009.06.25, 05:56 PM   #5
pinwc4

So this has been out for a month and a half and I have heard nearly nothing about this release.

Is it working fine for everyone, any annoying quirks or bugs outstanding?

If not I think I will start working on having an actual installer and other non-critical items can call this version 1.0 while I work on version 2 that will have the race day management stuff.
Old 2009.06.29, 10:11 AM   #6
BrianMidnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwc4 View Post
So this has been out for a month and a half and I have heard nearly nothing about this release.

Is it working fine for everyone, any annoying quirks or bugs outstanding?

If not I think I will start working on having an actual installer and other non-critical items can call this version 1.0 while I work on version 2 that will have the race day management stuff.
Used it Sunday for a 500 lap race (first time in that format). Would I be right in saying there is no lap countdown, 30, 20, 10 laps to go voice, written in the software????
If not is it a possibility????
BrianMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.07.05, 09:30 PM   #7
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANMIDNITE View Post
Used it Sunday for a 500 lap race (first time in that format). Would I be right in saying there is no lap countdown, 30, 20, 10 laps to go voice, written in the software????
If not is it a possibility????
I could not remember so I had to look at the source. Right now there is just a rank announcement based on timed intervals. With the time interval announcments of ranks already being there what should the lap remaining announcements be, just at 30, 20 and 10?
Old 2009.07.06, 05:47 AM   #8
BrianMidnight

Quote:
I could not remember so I had to look at the source. Right now there is just a rank announcement based on timed intervals. With the time interval announcments of ranks already being there what should the lap remaining announcements be, just at 30, 20 and 10?
Yes I think so, when running the 50 lap HFAY Time Trials it would be useful.
Old 2009.07.17, 04:22 PM   #9
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANMIDNITE View Post
Yes I think so, when running the 50 lap HFAY Time Trials it would be useful.
Ok, I have finished this and it will be in the next release.
Old 2009.07.17, 08:06 PM   #10
BrianMidnight

Quote:
Ok, I have finished this and it will be in the next release.
Good one!!!