Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Flip Side

Old 2011.06.23, 10:30 PM   #1
pinwc4

Version 0.64 of Flip Side Racing software available

Version 0.64 of Flip Side Racing software is now available for download. You can get it from the Flip Side Racing software project site.

There are many changes from version 0.59, check the Release Notes for the details.

As always I welcome any feedback.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.27, 11:59 PM   #2
ChiMiniRc

• Lap tone while cars add themselves. Great to help us confirm cars register.
• When upgrading, a nice addition would be a prompt stating “New installation will proceed” if it doesn’t find a path for upgrade.
• At no point did I get the issue where starting a race had a slow countdown.
--o Ran 15 races.
• Still seeing slow startups. Running Win7, 32bit, 2.67ghz i7 m620 CPU, 4gb ram, 160gb SSD drive
--o Within 1 second, the DB completed being read (19mb)
--o 50 seconds at “filling race control structure”
--o “Initializing main window” – 30 seconds
--o Lots of time querying QuickTime files
--o Lots of temp files created through the startup process
• Vacuum data base. When I clicked the icon, waited about 5 seconds and then saw “optimizing” for a few seconds.
--o Second time “optimized” appeared within a second of clicking vacuum.
--o I have a fast system. On a slower system I’d feel like I was unsure the vacuum action was triggered. Perhaps a dialog that appears as soon as you start, then changes to “optimizing” ?
• Potential bug
--o I have multiple racers, some that share the same UID. Even though the correct name appears on the race screen, the wrong name appears in statics and export.
--o It would appear that if the database has a unique ID for each racer, the first one for that particular UID is used vs the racer that is active
ChiMiniRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.06.28, 09:50 PM   #3
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMiniRc View Post
• Lap tone while cars add themselves. Great to help us confirm cars register.
• When upgrading, a nice addition would be a prompt stating “New installation will proceed” if it doesn’t find a path for upgrade.
• At no point did I get the issue where starting a race had a slow countdown.
--o Ran 15 races.
• Still seeing slow startups. Running Win7, 32bit, 2.67ghz i7 m620 CPU, 4gb ram, 160gb SSD drive
--o Within 1 second, the DB completed being read (19mb)
--o 50 seconds at “filling race control structure”
--o “Initializing main window” – 30 seconds
--o Lots of time querying QuickTime files
--o Lots of temp files created through the startup process
• Vacuum data base. When I clicked the icon, waited about 5 seconds and then saw “optimizing” for a few seconds.
--o Second time “optimized” appeared within a second of clicking vacuum.
--o I have a fast system. On a slower system I’d feel like I was unsure the vacuum action was triggered. Perhaps a dialog that appears as soon as you start, then changes to “optimizing” ?
• Potential bug
--o I have multiple racers, some that share the same UID. Even though the correct name appears on the race screen, the wrong name appears in statics and export.
--o It would appear that if the database has a unique ID for each racer, the first one for that particular UID is used vs the racer that is active
Thanks for your feedback, I greatly appreciate it.

The first thing I need to say is that is a really nice system you have. I am quite jealous. I will have to do some digging to see why startup of the software is so slow on such a nice machine. I have much slower systems and do not experience that. You mention that you see it accessing Quicktime related files, that is strange as I have not compiled the Windows version to use any libraries from Quicktime. Could be a fluke or could be related to the problem.

As for the potential bug I think you are correct. It looks like in some cases it is matching against the first UID in the database. I am not quite sure where or why it is doing that yet but will get it figured out shortly. Internally I most reference a field called the racer id that is independent of both the UID and the name. I had to do this so that duplicate names and duplicate UIDs could exist.

With the database optimization popup that should have occured within a second of clicking the button. I am not able to replicate what you are running into yet, maybe it is platform specific. I finally have my own copy of Windows 7 so I will be able to do more testing on that platform instead of just getting to periodically use it.
Old 2011.06.28, 10:38 PM   #4
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMiniRc View Post
• Potential bug
OK, I have a build that should take care of this problem for future races. You can download the updated exe and libraries from here:

http://www.flipsideracing.org/downlo...in-exe-952.zip

Overwrite the existing files in an existing install of the software with the contents of the above zip file.

I will get a proper build of the software done another day. Right now I am going through installing Windows 7 so I do not have a system to build the full installer for Windows and will probably work on a couple of other things such as the performance issue you encountered etc. before doing a full build anyways.