Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > Flip Side

Old 2011.08.25, 09:22 PM   #1
pinwc4

Version 0.75 of Flip Side Racing software released

A new version of Flip Side Racing software has been posted for download on http://www.flipsideracing.org/

While this is a minor update it does introduce support for the new HD Voices in Mac OS X Lion. So if you are using Lion and found that text to speech stopped working if you changed the voice download this. Some of the other minor changes are listed below:

Changes
  • Added support for Mac OS X Lion HD voices
  • Contact form will directly send email instead of attempting to use the local computers email client
  • Updated some help tags
  • General cleanup and removal of unused code
  • Removed database insert that occurred when a racer was added to a race, racer_race_table no longer needed but kept for backwards compatibility

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed error that could occur if you selected a corrupt image for a racer or theme picture
  • Fixed error that could occur if you unplugged the relay board while the application was first launching
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.26, 03:47 AM   #2
Racer-HH

Thanks.

Download is complete and FSR works fine (as usual).

btw: I have one idea for upcoming releases. Could you please integrate a field with the overall lap record shown on the race screen? I guess the gray banner of FSR and HFAY in the upper screen has some space to include this.
The time could either be included manually or automatically and depending on space and needed effort could probably be enhanced by date and driver?!

I would love to have this feautre - and maybe someone else, too?
Old 2011.08.26, 07:33 AM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
it would be nice to know what the fastest time for the entire day is, assuming your on the same layout. would that require a reset button so that when layout is changed, best lap is reset? a wreck at the timing loop also throws that out the window since the best time would be the lap min set in the config menu. resetting looses the previous best lap then. it's a good idea, just not sure of the best way to implement it would be.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.08.26, 07:50 AM   #4
Racer-HH

Of course this feature is mainly aimed for use at permanent tracks (or at least tracks with the same layout for an extended period). To avoid "bad times" a manual input would be the best or at least easiest solution. But maybe there is a better way; I am definitly no programmer.
A reset function for e.g. layout change is a must as long as there is no manual function.
Old 2011.09.08, 04:23 PM   #5
ChiMiniRc

I'm not sure this is related to my old lockup issue resurfacing or something changing in 0.75. In our last race, About every 6 races the lap counting would stop and then 5 seconds later, you'd here a stream of 5-6 lap counts beep in. Then the audible for countdown to starting a race would cease to work on the next race and I'd have to restart the app.

For future testing, I'd like to start creating a copy of the old install. It is just the database file? Could I do a new install and copy the DB and be done?
ChiMiniRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.09.09, 10:46 AM   #6
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMiniRc View Post
I'm not sure this is related to my old lockup issue resurfacing or something changing in 0.75. In our last race, About every 6 races the lap counting would stop and then 5 seconds later, you'd here a stream of 5-6 lap counts beep in. Then the audible for countdown to starting a race would cease to work on the next race and I'd have to restart the app.

For future testing, I'd like to start creating a copy of the old install. It is just the database file? Could I do a new install and copy the DB and be done?
You will want to copy both the db file and the preferences.xml file.

Still not sure what is going on with audio on your system. Version 0.75 did not change any of that code but I did update some the libraries related to audio (needed to for Mac OS X Lion support of text to speech). But in thinking about this problem one thing I am going to add to the program is a reset of the audio thread at the start of each race. Not sure if it will help but it is worth a try.

Quote:
it would be nice to know what the fastest time for the entire day is, assuming your on the same layout. would that require a reset button so that when layout is changed, best lap is reset? a wreck at the timing loop also throws that out the window since the best time would be the lap min set in the config menu. resetting looses the previous best lap then. it's a good idea, just not sure of the best way to implement it would be.
Makes sense to do, just not sure of a good way to implement it. Ultimately I want to have a track selection that you can define for races (or events) and keeping track of this info would make sense for that. Maybe I can come up with a way to squeeze this into the statistics screen as is. Not sure though, this seems like it will be a better fit after I complete the event management logic.

I had experimented with putting information about the buttons on the screen but do not like that, it just never looked right. And with some people creating their own themes it could be hard to read things in that area.
Old 2011.09.11, 02:20 PM   #7
Racer-HH

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Maybe you will find another prominent place for this, but I think it should be in the race screen and not statistics. I will be patient until you release it.
Old 2011.11.22, 10:19 AM   #8
Racer-HH

One other question. In comparison to the volume of the voice the beep sound when passing the counter is significantly louder. So if we want to hear the "lady" speak loud enough, the beep is just annoying loud. We do not want to switch off the beep though, as it is a good indicator that all laps are correctly counted. Does anyone know how to reslove this?
I am using WinXP SP3 with the good voice from Microsoft Route (as described in another thread).
Old 2011.11.22, 07:44 PM   #9
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-HH View Post
One other question. In comparison to the volume of the voice the beep sound when passing the counter is significantly louder. So if we want to hear the "lady" speak loud enough, the beep is just annoying loud. We do not want to switch off the beep though, as it is a good indicator that all laps are correctly counted. Does anyone know how to reslove this?
I am using WinXP SP3 with the good voice from Microsoft Route (as described in another thread).
That is strange, when I had Windows XP I did not encounter that. I am traveling so I do not have access to my old Windows XP system but my guess is that you may want to look at the volume mixer in Windows. While your main volume slider controls the loudness of everything you can get to the audio mixer and set levels for different audio devices. It might be that the speech is considered a different device than the beep.

If your Windows Audio Mixer has a separate device called Wave you can lower that volume as all the beeps are played as Wave files.

I may be wrong as I do not have XP around at the moment but I think you can get to the mixer by clicking the volume button on the right side of your task bar and then when the single volume slider pops up there is a link at the bottom for the mixer. My memory could be very wrong though.
Old 2011.11.23, 03:37 AM   #10
Racer-HH

Thanks for your idea. Just tried it and it does not work. Both beep and voice are increasing / decreasing using that slider.
I think the easiest workaround would be to grab the beep-file and simply reduce the volume of the file with an audio app, than save again. Can you please state, where the file is located or what its name is? Than I can search for it and adapt it to my needs.
Old 2011.11.23, 03:39 PM   #11
pinwc4

The theme is all in the database now. You can get the original audio file from here:

http://www.flipsideracing.org/svn/tr...CarLapBeep.wav
Old 2011.11.24, 09:39 AM   #12
Racer-HH

Not that much of a DB crack. But I found that file in the themes folder. Changed it to 30% and copied it back. Nothing happend. Must be some old parts from past releases that are unused by now.
How do I get this file into the DB?
Old 2011.11.24, 07:54 PM   #13
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-HH View Post
Not that much of a DB crack. But I found that file in the themes folder. Changed it to 30% and copied it back. Nothing happend. Must be some old parts from past releases that are unused by now.
How do I get this file into the DB?
You do not need to know anything about the DB. While all the theme stuff is stored in DB you can manage it within the program. Go to the general config screen and then click the manage themes button. The theme manager window will pop up. Select the theme you want to modify and then go to the sounds tab to change the beep sound.
Old 2011.11.25, 03:50 AM   #14
Racer-HH

Thank you very much for your support and advice. I will try that later or during the weekend. If you do not hear about this from me by next week my issue is solved.
Old 2011.11.28, 03:03 AM   #15
Racer-HH

Just an update: IT WORKS FINE NOW. Thanks!!!