Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.03.02, 10:14 PM   #1
pinwc4

Flip Side Racing 12.04 available

A new version of Flip Side Racing software has been posted for download on http://www.flipsideracing.org/

Releases will now follow a new version number scheme, it is the year followed by the release number. This better fits the incremental release style I use.

Various small changes graphically along with the ability to edit racers during Free Play or practice races have been added. For a full list of changes check the release notes linked on the main page.

As always I welcome any feedback.
pinwc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.05, 10:56 AM   #2
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

We ran 12.04 all day yesterday (approx. 6 hours) with a max of 13 guys or so on the track at the same time.

The only issue I was able to see is that we could not seem to clear out a racers fast time during a Timed Practice.
I am sure we could before, but I know we were using the Quick Race feature & not the Timed Practice, so maybe we were unable to before.
So, this is either a bug, or a feature request. =)

We prefer to use the timed practice so we get a report of lap counts & fast times etc.

The only other option I would like to see, is a way to cancel the ranking speach at the end of a race. To expand on that, I would like to be able to manually stop it if it's spouting out the info. We have like 14 guys and having to listen to the whole pitch each time was rather annoying.

Yes, we could cut it off by starting another race right away, but that's kinda annoying.

Maybe a way to hit ESC to stop it, or choose what ranks you wish to have it spout out. (IE: 1st - 3rd, 1st - 5th, All)

That's all.

I will test my own E-Mailing issues I was having later this week when time permits.

Thanx for all the great work on the program by the way!
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*
RFick73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.06, 09:10 PM   #3
pinwc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFick73 View Post
We ran 12.04 all day yesterday (approx. 6 hours) with a max of 13 guys or so on the track at the same time.

The only issue I was able to see is that we could not seem to clear out a racers fast time during a Timed Practice.
I am sure we could before, but I know we were using the Quick Race feature & not the Timed Practice, so maybe we were unable to before.
So, this is either a bug, or a feature request. =)

We prefer to use the timed practice so we get a report of lap counts & fast times etc.
This would be a feature request, it was not something that could be done before, unless there was a bug that resulted in this behaviour =)

Probably what you were thinking of is during Free Play racers are deleted and if they come back their times get reset back to 0.

I do plan on eventually adding the ability to alter or delete lap times during a race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFick73 View Post
The only other option I would like to see, is a way to cancel the ranking speach at the end of a race. To expand on that, I would like to be able to manually stop it if it's spouting out the info. We have like 14 guys and having to listen to the whole pitch each time was rather annoying.

Yes, we could cut it off by starting another race right away, but that's kinda annoying.

Maybe a way to hit ESC to stop it, or choose what ranks you wish to have it spout out. (IE: 1st - 3rd, 1st - 5th, All)

That's all.
Yeah, I should make that more configurable. As is I do not think you can even shut that off without turning off all audio. I will try to put in something in the next release for this as if you have a lot of racer on the track the software is quite chatty at the end of a race.
Old 2012.03.12, 10:21 AM   #4
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

We ran 12.04 again all day yesterday with about 10 guys.
We had no issues with it all day.

An additional feature request, allow a section to turn off or on the remaining countdown audio timer.
We set our timed practice to like 10 hours, just because we mainly just run an open ended run. Having the system tell us there is 9 hours left is not really needed.

And another additional feature request.
Our track layout changes each time, and sometimes we start a timed practice with an incorrect min lap time, having a notification pop-up on screen stating someone came in under the min time & display the time then going away after a few seconds would be a nice feature I think. I'd also like to see us be able to change that min lap time mid race.

Wow, do I ever ask for a lot or what?!?
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2012.04.02, 07:50 AM   #5
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

12.04 is still running strong.

Ran it again with around 10 guys for about 6 hours.

Only issues I saw were a bit of performance issues at the end of the race while it was writing out the report data & announcing the results.

Again, it would be nice to be able to set it to only state the top 3, 5 all or be able to cancel it at anytime.

It seemed sometimes right after the race it would redraw the screen & we were unable to read it as it looked boxy or it was blank until the end of the announcements, then it would redraw it properly.
With ten guys to go through, that could take some time.

Revoting for while running in Timed Practice mode to allow you to reset a single racers best time or lap count.

We had to restart the practice "race" 2-3 times to clear out bad times.

Other than that, keep up the great work!
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2012.04.11, 06:44 PM   #6
cdog4w

How can you check what version you're running?

I installed what I assume is 12.04, but it'd be nice to verify since I did a side by side install.
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.11, 07:29 PM   #7
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

I believe it's in the bottom left hand side of the screen on the beginning home page when you load it up.

My memory is pretty bad though & I'm not in front of it at the moment.
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2012.04.12, 10:04 PM   #8
pinwc4

What RFick73 is correct. You should see it in the bottom left hand corner of the main screen when you open the program.

RFick73, there are some minor changes done for the next release of interest. There is a hotkey of q if you want the program to stop what it is saying.

Also if you double click on a racer during a practice race it will delete them out of the race. When they get detected again they will be added back into the race with reset values, similar to the way it works with free play mode.

I have done some tweaks as well to maybe solve what you saw sometimes with blockiness in the graphics at the end of a race.

The performance with writing results and speech I still need to look into. I do not do any database activity during a race because it could interfere with timing. So it all gets dumped when a race is completed. In the case of a really long race that can be a lot of data to get written which is why you see the slow down. I can maybe send that into a seperate thread with a lower priority so that the main program is more responsive. I can not do much about the speech though, it gets passed off to Windows immediately so I have no control on its behavior.

Most of my recent effort has been on supporting a full translation of the program to other languages, I underestimated how much work that would involve. But I will have a build posted in a few days that includes the above tweaks with others I have forgotten.
Old 2012.04.12, 10:14 PM   #9
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Pinwc4, you rock!

Can't wait to try out the changes.
We have a GTG in two weeks so hopefully we have something to try out then.

-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2012.04.12, 10:49 PM   #10
TheSteve
VE7FM

I've run 12.04 on my laptop and had some video glitches as well. Half of the numbers get cutoff of the times of the top person in the race list - as in the top or bottom half of each number. This happened during open practice. I didn't have the problem with the previous version I was running(sorry I don't know what version it was)
If you have an update before my next race day I will give it a shot.
My laptop is running Windows XP.

btw, I know I can click on a racer to remove them from the practice list and then they will reappear when they go through the loop again - is there anyway to reset only the fastest lap? We like to know the total number of laps we did but reset the fastest lap time when we swap cars.

And *Thankyou* for the great software!
TheSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.13, 10:20 AM   #11
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

I also asked for the same feature.
And another option of being able to roll back to the last known best lap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve View Post
I've run 12.04 on my laptop and had some video glitches as well. Half of the numbers get cutoff of the times of the top person in the race list - as in the top or bottom half of each number. This happened during open practice. I didn't have the problem with the previous version I was running(sorry I don't know what version it was)
If you have an update before my next race day I will give it a shot.
My laptop is running Windows XP.

btw, I know I can click on a racer to remove them from the practice list and then they will reappear when they go through the loop again - is there anyway to reset only the fastest lap? We like to know the total number of laps we did but reset the fastest lap time when we swap cars.

And *Thankyou* for the great software!
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2012.04.13, 02:22 PM   #12
pinwc4

TheSteve, with 12.04 it would resize the row spacing automatically to try to fit everything on the screen. Unfortunately with 12.04 that was only 1 way, it would shrink the rows but never increase them. With the next release it works both ways. It was a new feature in 12.04 intended to replace manaully setting row height.

RFick73, the next release will also let you reset (not roll back) the best lap time in a practice or free play race. You do this by double clicking the best lap of that racer on the race screen. However this is not actually changing any lap times so after the race is done you may want to merge whatever bad lap they had that was registered as the best lap on the statistics screen if it was invalid.

If you guys want to check out the beta you can. Download it from here:
Windows Zip Version 12.06

OSX Zip Version 12.06

Let me know if there are bugs, so far from the few clubs that have ran it there have not been any reported.