Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > New Products

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2011.01.14, 07:51 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Limited Edition Red MR-03W LM Chassis Set

Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03W LM RC Chassis Set with Chase Mode (2.4GHz ASF) - Limited Edition Red

If you didn't receive the email or see the post, the shop here has obtained a quantity to sell the very limited edition Red chassis set! I'm told we will be the only shop in the U.S. selling them from K.U.S.A. (not imported from JPN via alternate channels) which ties in to the sites 10 year anniversary ver well.

I've already placed my pre-order so the remaining number is getting smaller. given the very limited production run of these kits, i didn't want to miss the opportunity. I'm also waiting for confirmation on tthe total production run quantity which is reported to be at 1000. Considering Kyosho's min. unit order, this is indeed a limited run.

I'll be sure to post pictures when it arrives.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.14, 07:59 PM   #2
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
I'm actually seriously considering it, but the price tag is ridiculous. If I end up pulling the trigger, I'll just buy a regular chassis and pull the board/servo assy over and keep the limited thing a display piece.
Old 2011.01.14, 08:12 PM   #3
arch2b

yeah, i'ts clearly marketed as a collectors item vs. a race ready chassis set to use. if thats what your looking for, the JPN (narrow/rm) or US (wide/lm) special edition chassis sets are a good start for a hooked up KYO parts only chassis.

this one is going to go next to my JPN market mr-01 chassis displayed in my vintage toy cabinet. sort of my 'then and now' display showcasing the 10 years of mini-z.
Old 2011.01.14, 10:50 PM   #4
Sinister_Y

Heads-up Kyosho USA only brought 12 of these in. I think Mini-Zracer.com got them all ; )
Sinister_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.17, 08:32 PM   #5
greenepa76

How did you find out about the amount brought in? I need to call my source and check if these are still available.
greenepa76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.21, 08:55 PM   #6
arch2b

mine arrived tonight! post man left it beside the garage door of all places but i found it.

the color is a nice deep red and indeed looks great

the red ball diff looks like the same color as the sp f1 chassis ball diff which i always liked.

the packaging appears to be the stock box with added labels. there is the new chase mode sticker and the chrome 'red limited' label. it's unfortunate it doesn't indicate the qnty of the production run but it at least has a label which identifies it.

i'm really happy with the purchase i don't anticipate racing it but placing it using it as a display piece with my jpn mr-01 chassis.
Old 2011.01.21, 10:19 PM   #7
iruninsoga

It's not actually a bad deal... in Japan

A normal chassis costs 10,290 yen at the absolute cheapest and the red on is selling for 16,170 yen. If you bought all the optional parts separately, the red chassis saves you a bit of money. You get a bearing set (2,000 yen), a tower bar (671 yen), wheel nuts (450 yen), an X-speed motor (1,200 yen), a ball diff (2,680 yen), gold terminal chassis (1,500 yen), narrow and wide tie rod sets (540 and 540 yen), and long kingpins (1,130 yen), and an oil damper (840 yen). Of course you don't get any of the regular parts (chassis, gear diff, etc.) as replacements, but it's still a decent deal.

If you're really into collecting chassis then I suppose you can just hold on to it, but I think it's just a set that is truly "ready-to-run." Just slap a body on it an be done with it -- kind of thing. It's a shame they left off the rear friction damper though...

No one is sold out of those here in Japan despite the Japanese people's weakness for all things "limited." Maybe there's just too many of them? Sucks that everyone outside of Japan is getting gouged...

As a side note, everyone who bought a 5,250 yen new years mystery bag (***ubukuro) got a red MM motor case.

EDIT: ha ha ha I didn't know there was an auto-censoring system

Last edited by iruninsoga; 2011.01.21 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added comment
iruninsoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.21, 11:32 PM   #8
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Don't stock chassis sets come with narrow and wide front parts? That aside, you save some money as long as you were planning on buying K parts in the first place. Else its really purely for collection.
Old 2011.01.22, 03:45 AM   #9
iruninsoga

Narrow front end parts are included.

As well as a MM/RM/HM length diff shaft. And a red RM motor case too. So it is a complete 03 chassis set with all red parts, even the c-clips are red! You don't get a narrow carbon tower bar though...

I don't think it's being marketed as a collector's item, Kyosho even states that you save 5,100 yen on parts with this "value" set in their advertisements. I would think that a collectible item would have a higher price than normal. (No doubt the profit margin on this item is higher than a normal chassis though)

Kyosho tried to play the limited edition card once by charging a ridiculously high price on the special edition AWD boardless chassis. No one would touch them. Stores ended up bundling them with boards, bodies and KT-18s just to get rid of them.

I don't really see putting together a similar setup from a non-special chassis kit, spending more money and not feeling guilty for paying more. Even if you used third party parts*, it would be close in price and lower in quality. Most of Kyosho's pre-tuned chassis like the JSCC cup edition, r241 US and this red set are good value at Japanese prices.

The next chassis I'm going to get next month or something will be one of those and I'll recommend them to anyone other than pure beginners. I know the situation is different in different countries with exchange rates and importing costs, etc., but I think you guys are getting gouged a bit.

*The only easy parts to get are Eagle Racing. Only a few shops carry Atomic and only one online shop carries PN.
iruninsoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.22, 01:41 PM   #10
arch2b

i bought it is a collection piece. i'm not concerned about resale value or anything like that. it's a personal thing for me. 10 years of mini-zracer and a limited red chassis is released. nothing but coincidence but meaningful for me.
Old 2011.06.23, 02:31 AM   #11
delrosa81

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
mine arrived tonight! post man left it beside the garage door of all places but i found it.

the color is a nice deep red and indeed looks great

the red ball diff looks like the same color as the sp f1 chassis ball diff which i always liked.

the packaging appears to be the stock box with added labels. there is the new chase mode sticker and the chrome 'red limited' label. it's unfortunate it doesn't indicate the qnty of the production run but it at least has a label which identifies it.

i'm really happy with the purchase i don't anticipate racing it but placing it using it as a display piece with my jpn mr-01 chassis.
Hi, I just ordered this red chassis, Im wondering what is the wheelbase that the chassis came in the stock LM configuration?
Old 2011.06.23, 06:48 AM   #12
arch2b

As shown in pictures in post #6, it is wide-lm setup
Old 2011.06.23, 07:19 AM   #13
delrosa81

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
As shown in pictures in post #6, it is wide-lm setup
Thanks, does this red limited edition come with the MM motor Mount?
Old 2011.06.23, 12:05 PM   #14
arch2b

LM is a mm configuration. the motor simply lies more flat than the standard mm configuration.
Old 2011.06.23, 04:35 PM   #15
ChiefGreenLeaf
Registered Abuzer

The MM mount is sold separately.
ChiefGreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote