Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Manufacturers > RCP Tracks > RCP Support Forum

Old 2006.02.19, 12:10 PM   #61
briankstan

those would be some interesting tracks to race on, you would need lots of the 45° track kits to make them. great designs though.
Old 2006.02.19, 05:45 PM   #62
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
Drac those cads are awesine,,,, tge 45+45+o makes one hell of a track. Beats every track i've ever made with three wide Ls.... cool
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.21, 08:13 AM   #63
911GT3

45s and Sweepers

We recently started using 45 degree sections. Also, we have been using sweepers for about four or five months. Mike at Tom Thumb Hobbies has been very active in let us racers explore some new ideas and keep things interesting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dscn1451.jpg (460.7 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Dscn1452.jpg (461.5 KB, 52 views)
911GT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.21, 10:13 AM   #64
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
So how long will it be till we see the 45's and sweepers for the mini tile tracks? That would make a wicked combo for the home tracks.
Old 2006.05.28, 06:36 AM   #65
911GT3

Not sure when the 45s and sweepers will be released to the general public. All of the track parts came from RCP. Mike at Tom Thumb seens to have a pretty good relationship with RCP.
911GT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.28, 09:10 AM   #66
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i have both kits but then again i've been using rcp track from very early on. i thought they were already available?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.28, 11:24 AM   #67
briankstan

you can purchase them directly from RCP you will need to email John for price and availablilty, you can contact him through the RCP website. www.rcptracks.com

my understanding is you can get the following add in kits

1 wide inside radius corner kit. ( comes with enough tiles to covert 3 inside corners to the wide corners)

1 45* kit. (comes with everything you need to produce, a 2 section one way, or 1 section going one way, and one going the oppisite way)
you can also purchase any additional tiles that you may need to replace or would like to add to you tracks.

**currently these are available for the "wide" tracks only**

Last edited by briankstan; 2006.05.28 at 11:28 AM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.29, 10:44 PM   #68
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerZ
So how long will it be till we see the 45's and sweepers for the mini tile tracks? That would make a wicked combo for the home tracks.
I am making 45's for the 30cm tracks and they will be on the next container shipment.

If there is a demand for the sweepers, I can make these as well.

Is there another addition to the tracks you would be interested in?

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2006.05.29 at 10:56 PM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.30, 09:46 AM   #69
2EZ
Mini Z Driver!

Send a message via AIM to 2EZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPMini-z
I am making 45's for the 30cm tracks and they will be on the next container shipment.

If there is a demand for the sweepers, I can make these as well.

Is there another addition to the tracks you would be interested in?
RCPMini-z I own 2 of your Mini 96's and an expansion I would be interested in the 45's and sweepers, I would also like to get a set of high rail as I have one 96 with low rails and one with high. I love the track and me and DAMZer had it set up this weekend running our cars. i might also like another expansion to widen the complet track. Though the tight arteas keep us working on our skills.
2EZ
Old 2006.05.30, 10:38 AM   #70
HaCo
02-Racer

What is a sweeper?

I'm interested in the large radius turns (for 30cm), what would a kit cost?
HaCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.30, 06:47 PM   #71
cdog4w

RCP, would it be possible to make a kit that would allow mating between the wide tiles and the mini tiles? I have limited space and like the ability to run larger/more cars (reason I got the wide kit), but when using at my apartment it would be nice to be able to add in a tighter area w/o buying an entire mini-96. People have aluded to the fact that they can join up but I'd rather get it direct from the source! My main difficulty is a tight area where I can only fit 2 lanes of the wide track (so about 6.5feet). This is only good for a U-turn, but with mini tiles I might get a bit more squeezed in. As it is I can fit the L version of the 45 degree kit but not the oval version.

Would also love to see a bridge!

Still loving the product, hoping to talk my friend into getting some so we can combine wide tracks and get a bunch of people racing.
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.30, 07:01 PM   #72
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

A Sweeper is the larger radius inside turn.

We can make a tile to convert from 50cm to 30cm and back to 50cm again, but the conversion locations would have to be in the same place, as the two tiles are not half size to each other, if you know what I mean. Since one is 30cm and the other 50cm, the grid would always be off a little if not converting at the same locations.

I don't see a problem making a conversion tile. We could make one side of straight rails with 30cm links and the opposite side with 50cm links.

One other option is to make some tiles with no PIN holes so you could join the track at any location by connecting the 30cm tiles to the side of the 50cm straights. See attached pictures for how this would work. I could make these tiles shown in the attached pictures with no PIN holes.

If anyone has a better solution, I am open to making it if it works better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50cm to 30cm without plugs.jpg (305.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 50cm to 30cm transition.jpg (311.8 KB, 36 views)
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.30, 09:06 PM   #73
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Again like the 45 tiles I made a transition set concept as well.. that works so so.. would need 2 of each of the 2 diff connectors... depending when you get back to the other size track... see images.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RCP-Trans0.jpg (36.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg RCP-Trans1.jpg (30.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg RCP-Trans2.JPG (65.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg RCP-Trans3.JPG (34.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 2006.05.31, 03:18 PM   #74
cdog4w

I had something like this in mind (see pic below). This design has 3 dif join tiles (bottom 2 are same), but I'm sure a little more design work could cut that to 2? My main issue is that I'm limited to the L version 45 degree kit in space due to the shape of my apartment. I've attached a pic of both my idea and of the space I have to work in. The next idea is to put the mini tiles on the large side and see what I can do with that.

I'm still glad I got the wide set for future use, but I'd like to mix it up a bit better for home use now, so this combo could be the best of both worlds!

EDIT: nice work drac, very slick.

EDIT2: looks like 24 straight tiles, 5 corners (in + out) and the adapter tiles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006_01_18_RCP_002.jpg (51.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg combo_track1.jpg (39.4 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by cdog4w; 2006.05.31 at 03:25 PM.
cdog4w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.31, 04:27 PM   #75
briankstan

this is how I would see this adapter working buy modifing 50cm tile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adapter-Model.jpg (103.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg adapter.jpg (65.4 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by briankstan; 2006.05.31 at 04:33 PM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote