Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2020.07.12, 01:23 PM   #1
Rooster29

Nobel NB4 or Futaba 4PM ?

So, like the title says - Nobel NB4 or Futaba 4PM?

Any feedback and thoughts are appreciated. Which do you prefer and why? I’m thinking about getting the EVO chassis with the 4100KV motor to us running at home on mini 96. I’ve just been running the RWD Readysets. The are adequate for what I do.....but want to check out EVO Chassis and will need a radio.

Thanks!
Rooster29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.07.12, 03:21 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
I can't speak to Futaba but I do like the NB4. It's a small hand TX for sure. I love that the wheel is respositionable. I like how the balance of knobs, etc. are laid out. The GUI is is rather simple to use, much more efficient than say the Helios for sure and even the EX-6. The build feels good, tight, nothing wobbles or loose.

Taking my receiver module issues aside, I am very happy with my move away from the EX-6.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.07.12, 04:14 PM   #3
Rooster29

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
I can't speak to Futaba but I do like the NB4. It's a small hand TX for sure. I love that the wheel is respositionable. I like how the balance of knobs, etc. are laid out. The GUI is is rather simple to use, much more efficient than say the Helios for sure and even the EX-6. The build feels good, tight, nothing wobbles or loose.

Taking my receiver module issues aside, I am very happy with my move away from the EX-6.
Appreciate the feedback!
What issues are you having regarding receiver module?
Old 2020.07.12, 04:26 PM   #4
arch2b

I have several cars that loose bind, similar to what happens with the EX-6. I have to turn off/on the car to regain control. There was a firmware update just recently but I haven't had the opportunity to do crowded environment testing since the firmware update.
Old 2020.07.12, 04:38 PM   #5
Rooster29

Quote:
I have several cars that loose bind, similar to what happens with the EX-6. I have to turn off/on the car to regain control. There was a firmware update just recently but I haven't had the opportunity to do crowded environment testing since the firmware update.
Ok, gotcha. Thanks!
Old 2020.07.13, 02:23 PM   #6
smokey_truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster29 View Post
So, like the title says - Nobel NB4 or Futaba 4PM?

Any feedback and thoughts are appreciated. Which do you prefer and why? I’m thinking about getting the EVO chassis with the 4100KV motor to us running at home on mini 96. I’ve just been running the RWD Readysets. The are adequate for what I do.....but want to check out EVO Chassis and will need a radio.

Thanks!
Futaba T4PM is working great for me and I had issues of dropped connection with Flysky.
smokey_truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.07.13, 04:34 PM   #7
Rooster29

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey_truck View Post
Futaba T4PM is working great for me and I had issues of dropped connection with Flysky.
Thanks for posting smokey_truck!
Don’t like the possibility of dropping connection.
Old 2020.07.14, 12:43 AM   #8
bobbyz

Futaba 4PM is working great in two PN chassis EVO cars. I like the Futaba better than previous Kyosho MHS/ASF EX-6 I was using. Light, all the necessary adjustments, and zero bind issues so far.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.07.14, 07:45 AM   #9
Rooster29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
Futaba 4PM is working great in two PN chassis EVO cars. I like the Futaba better than previous Kyosho MHS/ASF EX-6 I was using. Light, all the necessary adjustments, and zero bind issues so far.
Thanks bobbyz!
For clarification, is the proper mini z receiver #82042 correct for the 4PM? I believe this receiver works with the T7PX & T7XC radios as well. Won’t be getting either of those two radios. No way I’d pay that much for a radio for what I do. Some of the listings I see for the #82042 receiver says it’s for the T7PX & T7XC radios only and doesn’t mention the 4PM.
Old 2020.07.14, 02:29 PM   #10
bobbyz

Yes, that's the correct part#. Works with both T7's and 4PM even though 4PM isn't listed on the receiver packaging. If I had to do it over again, I'd get the 4PM Tx that includes the (2) Mini-z Evo receivers, as it's generally a better deal than buying them separate.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.07.14, 03:44 PM   #11
Rooster29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
Yes, that's the correct part#. Works with both T7's and 4PM even though 4PM isn't listed on the receiver packaging. If I had to do it over again, I'd get the 4PM Tx that includes the (2) Mini-z Evo receivers, as it's generally a better deal than buying them separate.
Great, thanks! Yeah, I saw the 4PM with two receivers. For sure best way to go if someone is going to get a Futaba radio. If I do get a new radio, strongly leaning toward the 4PM.
Old 2020.07.15, 07:54 AM   #12
smokey_truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster29 View Post
Great, thanks! Yeah, I saw the 4PM with two receivers. For sure best way to go if someone is going to get a Futaba radio. If I do get a new radio, strongly leaning toward the 4PM.
As a starter, there is a version of Futaba T4PM already comes with EVO receiver, you donot have to buy any. In the Amazon there was one company was selling with two receivers shown in the picture, donot buy that. That has only one receiver and when I asked the seller he said, sorry it was discontinued one but the new one comes with 1 receiver.

Smokey
smokey_truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020.07.15, 09:33 PM   #13
Rooster29

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey_truck View Post
As a starter, there is a version of Futaba T4PM already comes with EVO receiver, you donot have to buy any. In the Amazon there was one company was selling with two receivers shown in the picture, donot buy that. That has only one receiver and when I asked the seller he said, sorry it was discontinued one but the new one comes with 1 receiver.

Smokey
Thanks Smokey!
Old 2020.08.03, 03:07 PM   #14
arch2b

Just FYI, I did the radio firmware update to FCC version and tested this at a race track and had zero connection issues with one car after about 1.5 hours of racing. I didn't get to test my other 4 Flysky cars though but this was promising.
Old 2020.08.03, 05:06 PM   #15
Rooster29

Quote:
Just FYI, I did the radio firmware update to FCC version and tested this at a race track and had zero connection issues with one car after about 1.5 hours of racing. I didn't get to test my other 4 Flysky cars though but this was promising.
Ok. Thanks for the update!
I’m still holding off and trying to figure out what I want to do. I haven’t ran a brushless Mini Z as of yet. It’s something I probably want to do. It just seems overkill for only running on a mini-96. I suppose I could just buy the appropriate receiver and use the stock RWD radio. I don’t know..... I’ll eventually figure it out. Curiosity can be expensive!