Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.05.10, 11:28 PM   #1
WhiteCharisma

"New" autoscale body question...

So I finally picked up the autoscale of my fav car of all time, the Honda NSX-R in white, and when I opened the package today I noticed something odd. The packaging was pretty loose looking and clearly opened. The case itself after the removal of the plastic sleeve looks like a complete mess! It has scratches like all over the front and top!! I have one more autoscale I bough a long time ago and it sorta looked like this but not as bad. Is this the quality you get from a new kyosho autoscale? I haven't even opened it because I don't know if I want to keep it. The body looks good until I see that the "fine hand polish" is not that good. I saw scuffs on the door and front bumper that look like they were scratched from something small and sharp. I'm not experienced with mini-z's in general, but are a lot of new autoscales like this? at $50 shipped from Hong Kong, I don't think this is a good deal at all.... Some info on what to expect from new autoscales would be nice, thanks!
WhiteCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.11, 12:29 AM   #2
herman

sorry to hear that... what site did you order it from? maybe you can take pics and show the seller the condition you got it...

take a look at new2miniz's collection - click here

he's got quite a few and there are pictures of autoscales in their cases that you can compare...

hope this helps...
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.11, 12:33 AM   #3
herman

oh you can see my cars too in my signature below

"click here to see herman's cars"
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.14, 08:55 PM   #4
WhiteCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
sorry to hear that... what site did you order it from? maybe you can take pics and show the seller the condition you got it...

take a look at new2miniz's collection - click here

he's got quite a few and there are pictures of autoscales in their cases that you can compare...

hope this helps...
I actually got it off ebay... which I haven't had any problems with when I bought a R246 body and other mini-z parts. They were just fine. But this particular body came from toyland_HK, which I will probably not buy from after this purchase. They are letting me exchange it despite their policy, but I have to pay the return shipping!!! not happy about that one. And as for the condition, those autoscale cases look much better! Mine is not good looking, though when I first saw it, I thought it looked good.

First Glance

After further inspection...

I have an autoscale s2000 and its not nearly this bad! There are a while bunch of scratches all over the case and I don't even know how something like that would happen! Maybe a cat got to it?? I tried to get a picture of the scuff under the left side mirror too, but it didn't really show up. My camera didn't get a lot of them, but there are lots of them all over and the pictures don't show all of them. I read up on 'fine hand polish' and I think that it's just the poor quality that comes with it instead of gloss coat. there are a couple small scuffs that show grey/black instead of the white paint around the car, I'm really surprised that Kyosho does this... Anyways, I guess the moral is don't buy from toyland_HK.... I'm hoping my replacement is actually brand new!! thanks for the gallery of cars, that helped a lot to determine what "New" actually looks like!
Old 2012.05.14, 11:10 PM   #5
machgo5go
DJ Eddie!

My friend in Japan picked up the 1st. batch and he also complain that the paint job actually can see a finger print!
Due to the world economic recession, this is the crap quality out source from china as you can see as wonderful fine polish! I just picked up new Honda Arta HSV-010 and the black paint on the window pillar actually bleed off to the side.
I would be b**ching like you too but it is for my weekly Friday night racing so eventually will have more battle scares to worry about.
MR-03 S2K Narrow AT60T Nihm
MR-03 BRZ Narrow PN70T Nihm
MR-03 Enzo Ferrari GT Concept Xspeed SP2012
MR-03VE 2005 NSXGT AT 12000KV w/Lipo
MR-02 Nissan R390 GT Lemans 39T PN
AMZ Benz TC 8500KV
X Power IDT Ultra 5600KV Audi
X Power IMT Ultra 6800KV M3
MB-010 FT86 Comic Racer 39T PN
MF-015 Mclaren MP4-25 50T w/Lipo PN
MR-01 Mugen NSX-GT 02 X Speed Retired
dNaNo FX-101MM T2 XANAVI NISMO GT-R

MAJ'S HOBBY SHOP " A Place To Escape from Reality"! TD
214 State St. Suite 209
Hackensack, NJ 07601. 201-820-1347
LIVE Mini-Z RACING EVERY Fri at 7 PM.
Outdoor Saturday On Road Racing 1/8GTVE,1/10TC&USGT

DG DESIGNS

Last edited by machgo5go; 2012.05.14 at 11:12 PM.
machgo5go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.15, 01:15 PM   #6
WhiteCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by machgo5go View Post
My friend in Japan picked up the 1st. batch and he also complain that the paint job actually can see a finger print!
Due to the world economic recession, this is the crap quality out source from china as you can see as wonderful fine polish! I just picked up new Honda Arta HSV-010 and the black paint on the window pillar actually bleed off to the side.
I would be b**ching like you too but it is for my weekly Friday night racing so eventually will have more battle scares to worry about.
I see. I'm actually deciding if I should even send it back, cause now that'd be $70 invested into this just to gamble for another one that might be in poor quality. The only real complaint is how the case looks because if I had a hobby shop that sold these, a case in this condition would make me not want to buy it at all. I'm thinking the body should be fine since I'll be drifting it anyways. Thanks for the help though guys!! You think I should buy any other fine hand polish bodies though? My other favorite car is the Celica GT-Four but I'm worried I might be in the same situation as this one if I buy it...
Old 2012.05.15, 02:00 PM   #7
reaper

hey wc :-)
I have had stuff from that shop and havent had any probs so far , the case looks to me like an ex-display
I wouldnt like the idea of return shipping at my cost and then have to wait all over again , drop them a message asking for a partial refund and keep the one you have would be my advice mate
mr-03 asf bmw mini
mr-015 f&f skyline
fx101 dnano fully loaded
fx101 dnano gt-r35 stock
razr awd W.I.P.
Mb-010 optima buggy
Yamaha m1 motoracer
reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.05.17, 04:41 PM   #8
WhiteCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper View Post
hey wc :-)
I have had stuff from that shop and havent had any probs so far , the case looks to me like an ex-display
I wouldnt like the idea of return shipping at my cost and then have to wait all over again , drop them a message asking for a partial refund and keep the one you have would be my advice mate
Thanks for the tip! I got a partial refund for my shipping so I pretty much got it for $39 which helps a lot!! Yeah they said they didn't want to go through that hassle and were happy to do a partial refund. Guess they aren't as bad as I thought!