Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.10.28, 12:11 PM   #1
imxlr8ed

Eflite's MCX micro heli...

This is the coolest RTF I have ever bought:

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLH2200

I can't believe how easy it was to just whip it out of the box and go right into the air like a pro! This thing is the easiest RC aircraft I have ever flown and it actually does what I tell it to do. I've crashed it countless times and only had one small breakage so far. The new part was like 6 bucks and I was back in the air immediately. Of course, I had to buy an extra battery and as much bling for it as possible right away, and as soon as they get the glowing rotor blades in stock, I'll be picking those up too!

Time to sell one of the Z herd to make my cash back!

So... a few hanging hula hoops and a suspended core system, and we'll be racing these too!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.28, 12:31 PM   #2
imxlr8ed

I am going to try to get the Mushroom Bowl crew together for their first indoor air race this Saturday... the more I think about it, the cooler the idea gets! The non-weight issue of the Core transponder makes this idea extremely plausible, you might have to get low to get it to read, but that will be half the fun of it! (touch and go rule maybe?) Anyone up for a heli class in HFAY?

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Old 2008.10.28, 12:56 PM   #3
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Haha! heli class would be hard to get the tracks exactly the same

Ive been eyeing these at my local store and have grown very interested. They have one on demo thats been sitting on the counter for a few days. The guy tooled it around the shop for me, and it looks simple and easy to fly.

I want to learn how to fly a heli. Would this be too easy to actually learn from?

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.28, 01:21 PM   #4
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Yep, Dad and I picked one up just the other night. I've been flying it all over the house! I'll post pic's of it next to my Dnano. This is THE BEST MICRO helicopter out there! Eflite sure made a winner of this one!

Hrdrvr, answer to your question is YES! This and one of the computer flight simulators and you'll soon be a pro. Co-Axials are excellent trainers as they are naturally more stable than convensional helicopters as said in another thread. The beauty with this micro whirlybird, is that it's small enough to fly in your living room so while your watching Jerry Springer you can hover around your helicopter!

Here are pic's of my bird next to the Dnano.

MR02 Mclaren in the background

Last edited by marc; 2008.10.28 at 01:33 PM.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.28, 01:38 PM   #5
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Last week I got to try out one of these for a while and they're a fantastic way to get into RC heli's.. Very smooth and easy to fly. I like how you have the option to either buy the helicopter with or without the transmitter since this helicopter is compatible with the Spectrum line of controllers. You can even use the transmitter that comes with E-Flite's Blade CX-2 2.4ghz helicopter if you want to save around 40 dollars off the ready-to-fly version. Another thing I like about this helicopter is the battery packs are only around $15 dollars each, so you can keep flying for a while between charges..

Ed, the HFAY air race idea sounds great!! Might be a little rough starting out but an interesting idea overall.. Think Reno air races, but with heli's!! An obstacle course might be a good idea as well. You should bring you're heli down to Nekocon and show us you're piloting skills...
TALLGEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.28, 01:44 PM   #6
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Would be interesting to set up a couple of hoola-hoop's in the air along with a Core lap timer. Remember, these are not fast helicopters so lap times will be considerably slower than the Z's. But would be an even playing field as there are no hop-up's for these helicopters and I'm not sure if you would even want to touch one and modify it. Nor would I know of any modifications that would make it faster and be safe for it.
So, it would all boil down to flying an identical item, and personal skill level.

It would be interesting to see what kind of modifications LBRC would do to this helicopter. LBRC, what do you think?

Last edited by marc; 2008.10.28 at 01:48 PM.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.28, 04:06 PM   #7
imxlr8ed

I have already tweeked mine a bit, I dialed down the swashplate linkages (3 turns down each, very delicate work though) to get more throw onto forward and also glued a wheel nut onto the nose for a little more CG up towards the front. Also, throw into the higher option of the dual rate on the stock controller by pushing staight down the right stick... makes it a little hairier to fly, but it's a ton more responsive. I think my only other hops will be the glow stuff, and then I'm just gonna cruise it like that for a while and enjoy it.

Get 2 batteries right away... if you don't, you'll wish you did!

Definitely taking this to Nekocon... and everyw other race I go from now on.

If it ever comes down to an actual event... I would just keep it at spec electronics and battery, and that's it!

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)