Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2016.06.16, 12:22 PM   #31
DMALMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium View Post
hi, you must return the track, the smooth side is much more effective, also for 2wd
I would love to try it but the surface is not my decision. I just race on what is available at my local track. However there is another club racing on the smooth side a couple hours from me and the next time they race I will go and do some testing.

DMR MPC 1/27th Aftermarket Pan Chassis
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.06.16, 12:35 PM   #32
DMALMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug01n View Post
We are racing smooth side here in Brazil too.
I have tested both and there's tons of grip on smooth side.

Do you add any weight to the chassis? I have traction rolling problem with my AMR all the time. Will try my BZ with 5000KV motor and Audi R8 body soon.
No weight yet. I have experimented with adding weight and for rough side RCP when you add weight to the rear of the chassis it gives more rotation and off power steering but starts to cause flipping.

Old 2016.06.21, 11:43 PM   #33
DMALMAD

Build Video as promised:
https://youtu.be/q__1WBGTV3E

sorry for the poor quality I did not have my computer on hand so this will do until I have a chance to do an HD upload.

Edit:

HD upload: https://youtu.be/Z5bUJzm7wNM

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2016.06.22 at 11:04 PM.
Old 2016.07.18, 07:17 PM   #34
DMALMAD

Atomic BZ playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RYhRjTUJOXW2Im

Only 5 videos so far, two new ones, and hopefully many more to come.

Old 2016.07.19, 02:28 PM   #35
Kikerumbo

Recommended Autoscale body for the BZ?

Hi!

Can you recommend an Autoscale body for the BZ? I love my Lexus SC430 with my AMZ, but it doesn't fit the BZ since it's wider.

I'm not confortable using the lexan body, since I have too many hits with the walls. Getting used to the new circuit after 2 weeks of work.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kikerumbo; 2016.07.19 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Resize picture
Kikerumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.07.19, 03:41 PM   #36
DMALMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikerumbo View Post
Hi!

Can you recommend an Autoscale body for the BZ? I love my Lexus SC430 with my AMZ, but it doesn't fit the BZ since it's wider.

I'm not confortable using the lexan body, since I have too many hits with the walls. Getting used to the new circuit after 2 weeks of work.

Thanks!
Lexan bodies provide better protection and they don't break like autoscales so they save money in the long run too... but if you prefer autoscales the Ferrari 458 or the audi seem to work best with the BZ. For the McLaren you have to dremel the sides a little to fit it but that body is my favorite autoscale overall. Also if you are running an autoscale make sure you either reinforce the front body clip or use the aluminum front clip so that you don't have your body fall off because your clip broke. Also the adjustable aluminum side body holders are a really good option, they get rid of all the guess work when it comes to getting the right body clearance and ride height.

Also where are you located, that is an awesome track!

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2016.07.19 at 03:45 PM.
Old 2016.07.20, 12:17 PM   #37
refsiul22

what's the best place to get it, if you're located in the US?
refsiul22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.07.20, 03:13 PM   #38
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Tiny RC of course.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.07.20, 06:59 PM   #39
refsiul22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Tiny RC of course.
Thank you mleemor60
refsiul22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.07.22, 04:17 PM   #40
Xovonob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMALMAD View Post
Atomic BZ playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RYhRjTUJOXW2Im

Only 5 videos so far, two new ones, and hopefully many more to come.
Excellent! Thanks for once again helping the community.

I noticed in one of the vids that you are using your EX-6 with this the BZ. What rx are you using to accomplish that?
Xovonob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.07.23, 11:16 PM   #41
DMALMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xovonob View Post
Excellent! Thanks for once again helping the community.

I noticed in one of the vids that you are using your EX-6 with this the BZ. What rx are you using to accomplish that?
I am using the gogo lap asf reciever.

Old 2016.08.02, 04:41 AM   #42
Kikerumbo

Hi everyone,

DMALMAD, I'm from Spain (la Coruña). The space we have is not so big, so this way we can have a little more track. It took some hours to do the ramps with the right angle so the cars didn't notice it. Also, using steel wire to hang the main straight was a bit of a pain in the "#~€@" to get the right angles across the 8 meters, but it looks good without any support to the floor and gives us a little more freedom to change the track from below.

What do you think about the belt tensioners? Will them let the belts run looser? I though this car will go smooth and run with a little push like my 1/10 touring without the motor attached, but it doesn't seems too smooth even after cleaning the bearings. Don't get me wrong, it is 1000 times smoother than the AMZ.

Also, do you use shims on the CVDs to remove the play of the wheels? If yes, better on the outside (wheel side) or at the inner bearing?

We are using the smooth side of the RCP track and the grip is great with Marka V1 10º at the rear an Kyosho 30 at the front. Could you tell me what's the biggest offset you can use with lexan and R8 or Ferrari 458 autoscale bodies? I was using +3 on both ends on my AMZ, but the BZ is wider and the wheels touch the bodies...

By the way. Wouldn't it be nice to have aluminium lower bulkheads (to get rid of screws in plastic) and pitch 64 gears?

Excuse me if I'm asking too much.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kikerumbo; 2016.08.02 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Adding info
Old 2016.08.03, 09:51 AM   #43
DMALMAD

Quote:
Hi everyone,

DMALMAD, I'm from Spain (la Coruña). The space we have is not so big, so this way we can have a little more track. It took some hours to do the ramps with the right angle so the cars didn't notice it. Also, using steel wire to hang the main straight was a bit of a pain in the "#~€@" to get the right angles across the 8 meters, but it looks good without any support to the floor and gives us a little more freedom to change the track from below.

What do you think about the belt tensioners? Will them let the belts run looser? I though this car will go smooth and run with a little push like my 1/10 touring without the motor attached, but it doesn't seems too smooth even after cleaning the bearings. Don't get me wrong, it is 1000 times smoother than the AMZ.

Also, do you use shims on the CVDs to remove the play of the wheels? If yes, better on the outside (wheel side) or at the inner bearing?

We are using the smooth side of the RCP track and the grip is great with Marka V1 10º at the rear an Kyosho 30 at the front. Could you tell me what's the biggest offset you can use with lexan and R8 or Ferrari 458 autoscale bodies? I was using +3 on both ends on my AMZ, but the BZ is wider and the wheels touch the bodies...

By the way. Wouldn't it be nice to have aluminium lower bulkheads (to get rid of screws in plastic) and pitch 64 gears?

Excuse me if I'm asking too much.

Thanks!
with the lexan body the most offset I can fit is 1.5 in the rear and 2 in the front. With Mclaren the best I can fit is 1 in the front and .5 in the rear. With the ferrari it is 1 all around. Currently I use the belt tensioners with one of my chassis but not the other and I only use it in the rear. To remover the axle play put a couple shims on the INSIDE of the knuckle not on the outside as that will change the wheel offset. As for the aluminum bulkheads I know that they had made some prototype ones a while ago but I don't know the status of that or if that worked out. And lastly the BZ comes standard with 64p, You can use the 15 and 16 tooth pinions that come with your kit to get insane gearing for 70t stock class. I hope I answer all your questions and if you need me to elaborate any more I would be happy to help as best I can.

Old 2016.08.04, 01:49 AM   #44
Kikerumbo

Much appreciated.

Can you get the BZ to "cruise" off power? I mean, mine suddenly stops if I'm not applying throttle. I would like it to continue going forward after releasing the throttle, like a MR-03.

With the AMZ was impossible to achieve, at least for the 3 of us using it here.

Thanks.
Old 2016.08.04, 11:10 AM   #45
DMALMAD

Quote:
Much appreciated.

Can you get the BZ to "cruise" off power? I mean, mine suddenly stops if I'm not applying throttle. I would like it to continue going forward after releasing the throttle, like a MR-03.

With the AMZ was impossible to achieve, at least for the 3 of us using it here.

Thanks.
My BZ rolls plenty when I am not applying power. It shouldn't stop as soon as you let off but it also should slow down faster than a 2wd too. Also the brushless 2wd chassis roll way too much anyways. I would check your belts and make sure that they are not to tight and make sure you check that you shaved your front clip like it says in the instructions otherwise there will be rubbing with the belt.