Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events > PN Racing World Cup

Old 2012.10.16, 08:19 PM   #31
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARN View Post
also, Mugler, do you see lap time differences between F1 & LaMans? maybe they can be combined if that is an option. (not something I would like to see, but just an idea.) also, thanks for the link tip, how strong are those rear spoiler wings? is there much breaking issues in LaMans?
Due more delicate body pieces and more so the open wheel nature of F1 cars mixing them up with any other class will not be a good idea, also F1's have a different drive-line than all other shorter and wider classes. I'm guessing a well tuned LM car will be faster than F1 but not 100% sure on this(both with 50T).
regarding LM spoilers, on Mazda and C9 not very durable but mute point since PNWC rules allow you to remove those and install Lexan wings instead as long as they are under 45mm in height . Kyosho sells very effective front bumpers for mazda and porsche LM cars but not for C9 though racers have come up with all kinds of DIY enforcemt techniques for C9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan View Post

Mugler, It doesn't really surprise me. Only a handful of us in Norcal own an F1 and ILR doesn't race them due to lack of interest. It's a shame because the F1 is a lot of fun to race. The last chance I had to race mine, we were going wheel to wheel and laughing the whole time.
At Kenon club races there's now 5 of the regulars that have an F1 + a seasonal visitor so that's a total of 6 and the plan is to run the F1 class every club day next to GT stock and mod classes. we started it off with 3 BTW so it took some doing. since us SoCal & NorCal crowd race at least 2 times a year that I can remember as of this typing (RCX & KO), if it was predetermined that there will be an F1 class for these two races with a minimum required of 8 racers then I would think and hope this would give a reason to all Cali clubs to run more F1 races during their regular club schedule to be prepped for these meets.

As DanDan mentioned F1 is just too fun not to run
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.16, 10:07 PM   #32
ARN

good info mugler, thanks!

I'm guessing I will wait until the deadline to commit for this race pending if there is F1.

I havent raced RC since 2006 and my last PNWC was in 2005,
So this last month I've been trying out some new mini-z'ss and having fun in my garage... maybe next year I will come down for a PNWC....(If there is F1 of course.)

My two twin boys are getting good fast so maybe it will be all three of us next year....(if PNWC falls on a school break....)(Philip, hint hint, SUMMER)

Last edited by ARN; 2012.10.19 at 09:27 AM. Reason: didnt like picture so big
ARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.16, 10:52 PM   #33
mugler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARN View Post
good info mugler, thanks!

I'm guessing I will wait until the deadline to commit for this race pending if there is F1.

I havent raced RC since 2006 and my last PNWC was in 2005, here is me in the red having a great time in that F1 A main...

So this last month I've been trying out some new mini-z'ss and having fun in my garage... maybe next year I will come down for a PNWC....(If there is F1 of course.)

My two twin boys are getting good fast so maybe it will be all three of us next year....(if PNWC falls on a school break....)(Philip, hint hint, SUMMER)

Oh wow! a trip down the memory lane...i was there that day!...not racing but checking out the action for a couple of hours. Even bought a Formula 1 ASC from the parts boot there, it was the now discontinued red on white toyota!

My fingers are crossed for occurrences that will still lead to F1 class happening this year so maybe will see you in November after all

Last edited by mugler; 2012.10.24 at 02:59 PM.
Old 2012.10.17, 09:48 AM   #34
Racer-HH

I would not recommend to run classes like LeMans and F1 together in one heat.

But to encourage people to sign up for a world class event like PNWC I would not set a limit like 16 drivers as minimum. As long as you have a (nearly) full starting grid in one heat (depending on track size this could be 6, 8, 10 or more drivers) these people should have a race and some fun with their RCs. And if spectators do not see what Mini-Z racing can be in all its facettes, maybe some possible new racers will not be attracted at all.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 2012.10.19, 10:30 PM   #35
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

this question is for the locals. i see its like 30 miles from SFO to the track, but how is the drive. i keep going back and forth about making it out and the airfare is a lot cheaper into SFO but if the 30 mile drive takes all day i may pass. i have never been to the west coast so this would be a great way to get to go
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.19, 10:51 PM   #36
blt456

Hey Chad!

Don't bother with driving. The drive is only about an hour from SF to SJ but it's not worth the hassle trying to rent a car and do all of that. You would probably need to fly in Thursday afternoon so that way you can get to the hotel by the evening and you can get the whole day on Friday for practice.

The san jose airport is closer to the track, but SFO to the mall is accessible by public transportation. These are the most logical steps:

1. fly into sfo
2. take BART (public train) from sfo towards san francisco/pittsburg bay point (you want to get off at embarcadero)
3. Get a taxi from the street to pick you up from embarcadero bart and take you to the 4th/king caltrain station
4. take caltrain from 4th and king to sunnyvale (zone 3)
5. get off at sunnyvale and take a taxi from there to the hotel by the track

When you are at the hotel, you can probably just carpool with others to get to the mall or just have them drive you there. It's literally a 2 minute drive.

When going back to myrtle beach, you should:

1. take a taxi from the hotel to sunnyvale caltrain
2. get off at the millbrae caltrain station (this is a BART and caltrain station)
3. take the bart towards SF (SFO, daly city, or pittsburg/ bay point)
4. you'll get to SFO then take one of the rail cars to your terminal

Here are the caltrain links:

http://www.caltrain.com/schedules/weekdaytimetable.html
http://www.caltrain.com/schedules/weekendtimetable.html

Here is the map for bart:

http://www.bart.gov/schedules/bystation.aspx

Taxi from sunnyvale to the hotel should be $20 and taxi from the Embarcadero to caltrain and caltrain ticket is $17.

If you want, just pm me and I can send you my phone number so you can call me.

Last edited by blt456; 2012.10.19 at 11:46 PM.
blt456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.20, 03:52 AM   #37
DanDan

Chad: The drive from SF to SJ is about an hour. If you don't wish to drive, I would take BLT's suggestions. If you wanted to get out and experience the bay area and make somewhat of a vacation out of it, I would say get a car. But if you are here for strictly business...by that I mean having a fun weekend with your Mini-Z, you can utilize the cabs and caltrain to accomplish your transportation goals
Old 2012.10.23, 09:15 PM   #38
ARN

since no F1, I had to cancel my reservations... maybe next year ???
I dont know why, but I cannot drive a racer as competitive as a F1 so thats my reasoning if anyone was wondering....

Looks like it will be some great tight racing, have fun all!!
ARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.23, 09:37 PM   #39
color01

I was talking to Philip and Grant today and maybe there's a chance to rally up some last minute support for F1... but more as an exhibition class than a true "you're the World Champ" competition. I will sign up anyways, worst case the class is truly out, I will then have store credit with Binh lol.

F1 and GT Mod here we go...!

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog

Last edited by color01; 2012.10.24 at 01:38 AM.
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.23, 10:06 PM   #40
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i would be in for f1 as well. getting the needed 16 for the class may be hard to do. but i am interested in the hand out 50turn pan class that took its place
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.24, 04:27 AM   #41
color01

The idea (nothing set in stone yet) is that maybe, with 8 F1 drivers, we can run an exhibition class instead of needing 16 as per the other classes. I think it'd be nice at the very least for entertaining spectators, not everyone knows about the GT cars but everyone knows an F1 when they see one.

Greyscale RC

PN Racing | My TinyRC Blog
color01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.24, 05:34 AM   #42
herman

good luck to all participants.... looking forward to videos and pics..
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.24, 11:13 AM   #43
bcpzx3

4 More days for sign up guys.
bcpzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.24, 01:54 PM   #44
DanDan

If you are interested in running F1, sign up and let PN know that we want to run it! If we can be an exhibition class, that would still be great because I think it would be a lot of fun for everyone involved.

Bring 'em out! Don't give up hope guys. Most importantly, sign-up!
DanDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.10.24, 03:11 PM   #45
mugler

3 more confirmed SoCal F1 racers are not on that list yet so that makes 6 for F1 so far. I'm sure there are at least 2 more NorCal guys who own F1's and can run and get us to 8 for an exhibition class not to mention other general late signups...all in all F1 exhibition looking likely at the moment.

As mentioned above All those who are attending for other classes and are thinking about F1 too, please sign up for F! as well now so organizers know what they're dealing with and a question:in the unlikely event that class gets canceled there will be a refund, correct?