Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.10.31, 07:21 PM   #1
mini-z
Administrator

$10 Free to Spend at the Shop!

Starting November 1st, we're giving away a $10 Gift Certificate each month to the best Product Review posted to http://shop.tinyrc.com. So that we know who posted what, please post a link in this thread in order to be considered. By "best" we don't mean that it lavishes the product with the most praise, but rather that it is the most informative and is well written, with bonus points for things like details of threads and galleries on MZR that contain further information relevant to the item. Let us know if you have any questions - thanks!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.31, 08:29 PM   #2
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
How do you write a review? I can't see a review button on the page anywhere? Sorry.

EDIT: I wasn't logged in. Oops. It is available when logged in.

Last edited by Twenty-Se7en; 2005.10.31 at 08:32 PM.
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.31, 08:31 PM   #3
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
you have to login they the option to write a review is under the 'rate' box
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.31, 08:34 PM   #4
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Mini-z

Great new feature, I hadn't noticed we could do this with the new shop. One thing to note, though...it seems there is a word/character count limit on the reviews, but there is no mention of it where you enter your review (and no way to edit a review you have posted). Thus, my first try was cut a little short:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=16986

It was supposed to read:

Typical meticulous attention to detail associated with Kyosho Autoscales. This is an absolutely beautiful body. I would not, however, recommend it as a regular racer, as the shape of the Ford GT exposes the tires/wheels quite a bit, which are then prone to impacts during a race. This is likely only a good race body for those who are comfortable that they will rarely come into contact with walls or other racers.

If this is not on purpose, it might be worth noting that most databases use 255 as the default limit for varchar (text fields), and anything above that limit is automatically removed/lost when it is stored (it seems to have been cut off at ~252 characters).

Edit: looking back at some of HammerZ's posts, it seems several of his were cut off at 255 characters as well.

Last edited by soyverde; 2005.10.31 at 08:45 PM.
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.31, 08:38 PM   #5
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
interesting....

btw, i ALWAYS type such things in word, to catch spelling errors mostly, than paste in because i've had such things happen many times and i don't have teh patience to redo lost work
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.31, 08:45 PM   #6
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

I just wrote a review about 5 times longer than it posted.... it didn't tell me of the character limit. *sigh*
Old 2005.10.31, 08:50 PM   #7
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
I have no idea how many of mine got cut off.
Old 2005.10.31, 08:56 PM   #8
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

I just got cut off at 194 words. I did it in word. I had just a few words left in the sentence.... huge disapointment.... how can we review the products we have if we don't even know how much we can say??

EDIT:

Another cut off at 201.

Last edited by Twenty-Se7en; 2005.10.31 at 09:06 PM.
Old 2006.03.08, 11:08 AM   #9
michvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
interesting....

btw, i ALWAYS type such things in word, to catch spelling errors mostly, than paste in because i've had such things happen many times and i don't have teh patience to redo lost work
that one defenitely wasn't
Old 2005.12.05, 04:05 PM   #10
kehern15

I just posted my riview on the monster heatsink:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?p...5&cat=0&page=1

Keher
Old 2005.12.05, 04:43 PM   #11
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
error 36, while trying to make an acount. LOL
Old 2005.12.05, 04:54 PM   #12
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

It hates you Drac, that must be the problem.
Old 2005.12.09, 07:47 AM   #13
mini-z
Administrator

Did anyone post reviews in November that they'd like to enter? If so, please post them ASAP (today!?) so we can hand out last month's price!
mini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.09, 08:19 AM   #14
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

I posted some but I can't remember what products I had written reviews for... oh well.