Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2003.07.04, 12:05 AM   #1
Se_12alty
Reverse Racer

Send a message via AIM to Se_12alty
Unhappy Bad Glitching

I replaced the existing antenna and made my own w/ speaker wire and did an internal style type. I undid that put the stock back on and replaced the servo gears and used another steering arm. No matter what the glitching was still there. I figured it might have been my RX but after switching it out the glitch was still there. I tried running at the track today and whenever it left 6 feet away it would track off and hit the wall. Other then the antenna the wires on the servo needed re-soildering so i did that. I came to the conclusion that i might have burned out something via servo/receiver but i am not sure. Can anyone with similar problems help me out. Thanks.
Se_12alty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.07.04, 12:46 AM   #2
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

I think your problem may be a lose or bad potenteamiter. If this is the problem, Draconious can help you trouble shoot and tighten up the potenteamiter which sends signals back to the board on the servo positon, thus giving you proportional stearing. He has a lot of experience fixing mini-z's and can probably explain how to fix glitching problems better than I can. I have experienced similar problems with other causes and it can be very frustrating to race a mini-z that won't go straight. Good Luck!
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.07.04, 04:22 PM   #3
darkstar
Mini-Z Pro

from what it sounds like this could fix your problem i had the same one and i found this web site it helped out a lot hopes it helps you also

http://minizcanada.com/tech/suspension.htm
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.07.04, 04:24 PM   #4
darkstar
Mini-Z Pro

its at the bottom of the web page
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.07.05, 12:46 PM   #5
Se_12alty
Reverse Racer

i have tried the paper trick and it worked but now i am having bad glitching worse then before. however i did not do it the way you did, i placed mine on the outside of the white cap that goes over the black piece. when i have time i will open the car up again and switch out some of teh wires and redo the paper trick your way. thanks for the help to Draconious too for your help.
Old 2003.07.09, 07:54 PM   #6
Mkhal
Mini-Z Novice

My car would twitch just sitting idle no mare than a foot from TX. The paper trick fixed that problem, but did nothing for the sudden steering veers or lurches I got if car was more than 10 feet from TX while driving near metal stuff ( chain link fences surrounding tennis court or appliances in my kitchen). The only solution I found for that was a better antenna for car. Currently I'm using a chunk of the antenna from a broken Bit Char-g controller I had laying around. Works great--no more sudden veers even when car is 50 feet away. I would suggest better antenna for car--something decent sized gauge and solid core. I don't think speaker wire works too good if it's multi strand for an antenna.
Mkhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003.07.09, 10:35 PM   #7
Se_12alty
Reverse Racer

I have tried Draconious's sweet spot technique before soildering it down. I left the TX in the living room and walked away with the car and TX on. It was glitching like a mug until i used a small paper clip and touched each of the sweet spots as noted. I found the one best w/ least glitching and soildered that point. after i reasembled everything i took the car walked away and it still glitched up and going nuts.

Solution: I purchased a new beatle (cheapest of all mini z's) i switched all componets to my car and now running the beatle stock. Like i said the glitch is still there and nothing i do works. However before i attempted to soilder anything i should have did a switcharoonie and sent my bad one in for repairs. Well sorry for the huge mess of jargon i typed out.

P.S. if anyone can find out any solutions or cheap way to fix it i would appreciate it or just sell me theirs for cheap like $20.00