Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.07.05, 10:00 AM   #1
briankstan

Adding Audio Files to Core Timing Software

I thought I would put together some instructions on how to add the voice callout to the Core Timing System. I’m providing the instruction for both the older and newer version of the program.

First of all I used the AT&T text to speech website program to create all the different audio files that I needed.

AT&T Text to Speach website

Below are the examples of What I created from the website and what I use in my system.

File name: 0.wav http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/files/0.wav
“Brian” This is what they system will use when doing a callout, before the race by pushing the period (.). The system will also use this callout when the race is done and the finishing positions are called out. This is on the newer version.

File name: 1.wav http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/files/1.wav
“Brian takes the lead” The system uses this audio file to call out lead changed while the race is in progress. This is on both versions of the software.

File name:2.wav http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/files/2.wav
“Brian sets fast lap” The system uses this audio file when the fastest lap during the race has been set. The sytem will call out the name of the person who sets the fastest lap, when that lap is beat it will call out the person that set it.

Below is a picture of what this looks like in windows explorer. (New Core Version) you can see that each Core transponder when scanned in will create a folder with the “ID” as the folder name and it will be in a folder called “racers”

Inside that folder will have the following files “info” “0.wav”, “1.wav”, “2.wav”. The “info” file stores the info that was filled out in core i.e. Name, Class, Car info, frequency used.

I don’t have a screen shot of how that older system stores the data but it will look like different. Everything is stored in the folder called “racers” and it is in this format.

e0070000021bed0f
e0070000021bed0f0.wav
e0070000021bed0f1.wav
e0070000021bed0f2.wav
e0070000071d2a9f
e0070000071d2a9f0.wav
e0070000071d2a9f1.wav
e0070000071d2a9f2.wav

The first file is the transponders “unique id” with the stored info. Then it is followed by the audio files (same as above) but the file names include the “id” before the 0.wav, 1.wav, 2.wav

Just a note. This will only work on you’re the main system that you are running with. The audio files are stored on the local computer and not on the transponder. If you travel to a different track that doesn’t have your audio files they will now work.

You can also change the audio files that the Core software uses for the countdown, and the callouts by creating your own and naming the the same was what you are replacing in the system and overwriting the existing one with the custom one.

There are lots of things that you can be creative with. Here is a file that I like to use when racing for fun. You have to set the countdown to 20 for it to play. You need to put it in the theme folder that you are using. For most of you it would be the “default” folder.

This is a clip from the movie Better off Dead

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/files/Countdown_20.wav

I hope this helps a lot of you your in customizing your core setups. The audio files add some flair to the racing experience, it’s almost like having an announcer.

Last edited by briankstan; 2006.07.05 at 10:07 AM.
briankstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.07.05, 11:05 AM   #2
BrianMidnight

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankstan
I thought I would put together some instructions on how to add the voice callout to the Core Timing System. I’m providing the instruction for both the older and newer version of the program.

I hope this helps a lot of you your in customizing your core setups. The audio files add some flair to the racing experience, it’s almost like having an announcer.

Brian once again a big thanks for taking the time to put it down in writing.
BrianMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote