Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.12.12, 11:03 AM   #676
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Not only Tim for representing Kyosho, but let's not forget Fangel for representing Iwaver!
It's nice to have rep's from our fav company communicating with us in this level.
I think the Dnano is a wonderful invention and I have a few comments.
First, why does the running-chassis NOT have scale wheels? Just generic style wheels?
Second, for the cost of the chassis set alone, it SHOULD come with battery and charger. Most of us already had the KT-18 transmitter from the 2.4 Le Man's cars.
Third, what is the Dnano's future? Any possibilities of a say, a DA-010? "AWD?"
How about a Dnano F1?
Finally, just how soon are we going to see'em in the USA?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.12, 11:49 AM   #677
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Tim,
None of what I said in an earlier post is intended as an attack. The primary profit maker for any shop is geographical. I think the prime point is that a very large number of us have invested significantly into this scale because you(Kyosho) have given us something to get behind. I have been involved in the hobby since 1982 and to date nothing has been more fun . What I think a lot of us would like is for Kyosho to let us help you grow the product. Set up a system where top small scale racers in the different areas of the country can get their hands on new product to test and tease the market. Have representitives at the larger events across the country with new things to show off. When you have so many of us attending anyway it would be an honor to carry the banner for a particular weekend or day or whatever. Please, let us help. There are opportunities out there for Kyosho that can put them one on one with the very demographic group they are seeking. It would be free of charge but for the expense of showing up and showing off.
Let us help. Not only will it help you grow but it protects our investment as well
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.12, 06:41 PM   #678
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Limited Edition models?
I was just searching ebay and noticed that "Jason's Store" has listed the new pearl green Murcielago Dnano and is listed as "limited edition". Is this correct? Are the green ones going to be more rare than the yellow? I'd a thought and hopped that they would follow the Z and release a black Murcielago Dnano as a limited edition model. Not the green one?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.12, 06:57 PM   #679
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Tim,
How far is Kyosho going to go in the promotion of the HTUSA exclusive with the DNANO series to insure that it succeeds? It is a good idea but it is going to take a lot of effort with what appears to be a franchised hobby store with questionable business skills let alone hobbyist savvy at the store level. I have visited HTUSA outlets across the country and have only been in two that looked like they could make their rent. One store had less than $500.00 in inventory in the whole store. The place was empty. The drop out behind the counter playing with a video game and listening to an IPod finally alerted to my presence when I walked behind a counter at the back of the store. When I asked him about a certain item I was told that "we don't carry anything in stock. Everything has to be ordered and payed for in advance".

I hope it works. With the economy as it is, I promise you that there are better ways of getting this to your target market.

Nuff said
I live in Los Angeles, California and the only two Hobbytown USA stores within 40 miles from my house, both went out of business within the last few years.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2008.12.12 at 07:55 PM.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.12.13, 04:00 PM   #680
Skv012a

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via MSN to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
I wish I could afford one to try and fit various Die-Cast bodies on this puppies. From what I gather nanos could use the extra weight, and time always proved that no matter how good the company is, waiting for your fave car's release is endless. The perk I love is that its in a common scale unlike the Zs and allow decent conversions in the first place.