Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2004.08.17, 01:18 PM   #1
Mat69

All new Iwaver !! 56k warning !!

Hi all,
Just purchased my first Mini Z, we'll actually it's and Iwaver-01.
First impressions are WOW!! What an amazing car for the money!

I've not seen or driven an original Mini Z so I can't give any comparisons, but it handles well and the
speed is more than fast enough for my living room and the quality seems pretty good too. :-)

For the price of one Mini Z here in the UK, I can buy 3 Iwaver's shipped!!

I ordered my Iwaver from *******, which seems the cheapest place to buy these cars from, they also give quality service.
I emailed ******* just say that my Iwaver had arrived and how pleased I was with it and in
return I recieved a very interesting email from Steve at ******* which I thought you guys might be intersted in.......

"Hi Mat,
I would like to express my best regards to your kind words.

This Iwaver we have spend 1.5 year to gain the experience from past few generation. We made more than 50 improvements compare to the fundamental version.

However, I can guarantee that Iwaver development is only at lever 2 (level 10 full mark), since many parts will come this week or next week. Also, the GT40 and Porsche Body will come at this month.

If you check www.Iwaver.com, the 02 version is coming too and I attached some pics to you, the 03, 04 will come this Christmas or Jan next year.

So, all Mini-Z player can enjoy 30% of original to buy one and we will try to made them better than Original. Especially the Transmitter in 02 is very like Futaba one, have full function and 10 memory. Same Futaba Transmitter sell at $120 USD in Hong Kong."

Also these pics were attached....

ALL

Some cool new stuff coming from Iwaver eh!! that new TX looks so sweet....now for the best bit....the price.
This is another quote from an email from Steve at *******...

"About the price, the 02 and 03 about $40-50 in Toy East.
And 04 will be 10% higher price than 02 and 03.

Regards

Steve

Managing Director"

I've also noticed that www.iwaver.com have updated there site to

I know this all sounds like a bit of a sales pitch for Iwaver and *******, but it's cool
when companies take care of the little guys...eh!!

Here's a pic of my new Iwaver SKYLINE GTR....
My SKYLINE

PS I have posted this on other forums, but please spread the word :-)

Mat
Mat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.17, 01:20 PM   #2
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
.... if you looked here, it has all been posted and discussed here as well for a couple weeks maybe thanks for collecting the images into a nice post
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.17, 01:22 PM   #3
Mat69

Oops, sorry guys, I didn't see the post a bit further down covering this topic...DOH!!!

I can't edit my posts!, so sorry again

mat
Old 2004.08.17, 01:34 PM   #4
arch2b

don't sweat it... it's nice to see pictures linked to
Old 2004.08.17, 02:06 PM   #5
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

Send a message via MSN to Twenty-Se7en
thank you very much, I have been searching really hard and that is the first that I have seen on that transmitter... looks absolutly amazing... can't wait to get one.
Twenty-Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.17, 02:12 PM   #6
Bad Company

Anyone else notice that the Monster truck body is actually the Kyosho Mad Force???
Bad Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.17, 02:14 PM   #7
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

oh crap... that isn't good... how the hell do we know if the images we are getting are even any bit alright... They say that is the transmitter but if that isn't the actual iwaver monster then that probably isn't the iwaver transmitter.

I call bull-****!
Old 2004.08.17, 02:16 PM   #8
Twenty-Se7en
Rockin Da Z

the Tx is marked Futaba on the bottom... dammit!
Old 2004.08.17, 04:09 PM   #9
TJFBryant

Send a message via MSN to TJFBryant
27.....if you read my posts earlier...I told you Kyosho is in the loop with Iwaver. They ARE working together...remember?? So what you see very well may be Futaba and Kyosho parts....BUILT and manufactured in China. .....What you see maybe a prototype model.....without the Kyosho and Futaba symbols removed.

Its online!
Printed version and issues soon to come
TJFBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.17, 04:17 PM   #10
arch2b

i hope the tx will be compatible with mini-z's... i would like a few
Old 2004.08.17, 04:54 PM   #11
TNB
Pet Human

Why wouldn't they? I use a JR and Futaba with my Zs. I've also used my Futaba with my Iwaver. All AM and non-Radio Shack.
Old 2004.08.17, 05:15 PM   #12
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFBryant
27.....if you read my posts earlier...I told you Kyosho is in the loop with Iwaver. They ARE working together...remember?? So what you see very well may be Futaba and Kyosho parts....BUILT and manufactured in China. .....What you see maybe a prototype model.....without the Kyosho and Futaba symbols removed.
"I told you so" seems to be a reoccuring theme. Again, I reiterate big deal. MNCs tend to make products wherever there is cheaper labor and some agreements mandate that some technology be provided if the product is to be outsourced in the host country. What about HPI and Xmod? RCP and Kyosho? Futaba and Duratraxx? Or even when Ford and Mazda first got together. As the consumer, I want the best product for the cheapest price and I don't give a hoot where it is made. After all, the US is "not" a closed society. Every compare some of the 1/6th scale buggies out there? A lot of similiarities between the German made and the Chinese made, including the ones that will be sold by a major US distributor who supplies much of the Kyosho Mini-Z RC products.
Old 2004.08.17, 05:55 PM   #13
TJFBryant

Send a message via MSN to TJFBryant
good point TNB...outsourcing is the word of the day. and that is what has been going on for a long time now.

Its online!
Printed version and issues soon to come
TJFBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.17, 05:58 PM   #14
Mat69

Hi all,

I got these pics sent to me straight from the managing director at Toy east.

I can see myself that pictured are probably original Futaba and Kyosho products, but these are just prototype pics I would imagine of what is to come, I'm sure the Iwaver copies of these products will be just as good as the Iwaver 01 is to the Mini Z racer.

To quote from original post-
Quote:
Especially the Transmitter in 02 is very like Futaba one, have full function and 10 memory. Same Futaba Transmitter sell at $120 USD in Hong Kong."
I didn't want to stir up anything with this post, but just show you what cool stuff Iwaver are bringing out.

I suppose we can all speculate until were blue in the face (or fingers!!) but we'll only find out when Iwaver release the products in a few months time.
Old 2004.08.17, 06:59 PM   #15
DAMZer
Zen_gineer

Chasing the cheap labor market is the bane of my existence, I spend a lot of work time out of U.S..................

If you can remember the Tamiya Grasshopper, then you should know that Academy, I beleive, sold the same kit with a slightly different body for about 1/2 of the Tamiya price, called it the Rockbuster. Exactly the same problems with the rigid rear axle case shattering.................

Still, I beleive this bodes well for all of us "consumers" and for the future of the scale