Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2013.05.09, 10:44 PM   #1
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Thumbs up The VBTE series!

hey guys,

Like i mentioned at the last GTG Ryan, Dave and I have been discussing a Big Track Event. Ryan has convinced me to bring all my track down and has organized a hall space that can fit both of our tracks together. we will be looking at a rough total of 40ft by 60ft RCP layout.

Ryan can post the layout for you guys.

For this race (and depending on turnout a possible 2 more BTE in Vancouver?!) I'd like to talk about a points series and catagories.

Instead of our previous discussions about GT1,2 and 3 (which didnt seem to gain much interest) I think we can talk about a simpler method...almost a "run what you brung" (like we normally do) but with limitations.

1. Stock GT: open chassis with 70 turn motor (PN is the most consistent from motor to motor) and no fet upgrades...other than that it's free to work with!

2. Mod GT: open motor/fet/chassis as long as we stay with a GT style body (no Pan Car shells)

3. F1: open (of course) but F1 will be a separate championship since not everyone has a chassis.

Schedule will be hashed out soon enough but with only three-ish catagories i think we can run pleanty of heats to get A and B mains (since we are a smallish club after all) in GT classes.

I've been given some good ideas for doing the points a bit differently from our previous design so we can implement a 3 event count if we wind up with a good response/turnout for the first one.

stay tuned......

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.05.09, 11:26 PM   #2
gctkaz

What about tires? I've finally migrated all my cars to Kyosho tires.
gctkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.05.10, 08:23 AM   #3
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I'd say that stock will be rubber and mod can be open.

Ryan can you edit the thread title? I meant VBTE....(duh)

my custom body album...

Last edited by cowboysir; 2013.05.10 at 08:46 AM.
Old 2013.05.12, 11:11 AM   #4
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
I'd say that stock will be rubber and mod can be open.

Doah! I thought I saw an opening there for Stock w/ Foams!

It's okay, last parts run I purchased a couple rubber tires, & there's enough to buy from others for the day if needed I'm sure..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
Ryan can you edit the thread title? I meant VBTE....(duh)
Done
-=MA-015 Custom Citreon DS3 WRC 2011=-
-=
F1 Jordon Honda EJ11 2001 Jarno Trulli "Bitten Heroes" #12=-
*EX-6R*
RFick73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.05.12, 01:39 PM   #5
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Exclamation Save the date! Sunday, June the 23rd!!!

Come One, Come All!

The BC Mini-Z Club has reserved the use of the New Westminster Free Masons lower hall on Sunday, June the 23rd!
(It's the weekend right after Father's Day)

The room is just under 40'x60' & only cost us a measly $180 to rent it for the day.

So, what's the cost to you you ask?
$5 Bux if you come to help setup or breakdown, or $10 if ya don't! (Plus an additional $5 for pizza)
I am asking that we have at least 2 additional confirmed helpers for both setup & breakdown as the layout is massive & will take additional time to
setup & breakdown.
These two lucky people will run & eat for free!!!
(Please contact me ASAP!)

The room will be ready for setup @ 9am & we can start breaking down @ 5pm.

The address to the hall is: 508 Agnes St, New Westminster, BC

The entrance to the room we are renting in the building is along the back road (Victoria Street)
There is a parking lot immediately beside the building that we can make use of.

The final setup logistics will be worked out on the day of, but basically I foresee us setting up our tables along the bottom portion of the track &
the drivers will stand in font of the tables or along the left hand side of the track.

There will be plenty of tables & chairs available, but please bring extension cables & power bars with you!

Now, what kind of layout will be had?
Well, I'm glad you asked!!!

I painstakingly designed up a layout using the Clubs track & the track that Derek (Cowboy) will be graciously bringing with him from Whistler.
After approx. 8 hours, this my friends, is what I have come up with!

There is nearly 40' of unadulterated straightaway!!!
Heck, we may tweak it once we get the room situated and make it even MORE epic!

As you can see below, I have gotten quite close to the track count for pieces.

There will inevitably be last minute track tweaks but we are going to get as close to what you see as we can.

I hope to see y'all there!!!
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2013.05.12, 05:22 PM   #6
gctkaz

Mother of God...!

If I am not out of town that weekend, you can count me in for setup and teardown. Since I'm flaky though, I might not be right on time for the former...

I will have a better idea of my availability closer to the date.

Are there kitchen facilities in the hall? Maybe I can bring some munchies for everyone.
Old 2013.05.12, 10:28 PM   #7
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Yes, full rather large kitchen area & all it glorious bit & pieces are at our disposal.
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2013.05.13, 11:27 AM   #8
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

The setup utilizes over 750 individual tiles!

This layout should be awesome!

I want record turn outs!
If you know of any old school Mini-Z'ers & they have cars collecting dust, get um on out & hooked on the hobby again!

The layout definitely isn't for the weak of heart or the inexperienced novices that's for sure...

I hope to see y'all out at the club's first VBTE!
Sponsored by you, our members!!!
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2013.05.13, 02:13 PM   #9
gctkaz

Does anybody have a large camera tripod that we can use to get some video footage?

Would be cool to have it set up earlier so we can get some time-lapse of the track construction too.

Last edited by gctkaz; 2013.05.13 at 02:18 PM.
Old 2013.05.13, 04:08 PM   #10
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I was thinking of my buddy's gopro and a suction cup mount. Ill try and work it out.

Lets be sure that invites for this event have mini z experience. Not everyone who has RC experience has the chops for driving these little F-ers.

my custom body album...
Old 2013.05.14, 12:06 AM   #11
flathead51

Hey guys, I've been lurking around for the past few years and finally got a few mini-z's. I'm big into filming and I'm going to try my hardest to come out and film this. I'll wait till nobody is on the track before I ping pong my car around this massive track.
flathead51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.05.14, 09:37 AM   #12
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

You should start coming out for our regular get together meet flathead...in no time at all you'll feel confident focusing on race line and set up and you'll want to enter the BTE!

As a sidenote, this being a very big track covering plenty of surface racers are encouraged to bring some sort of stool, bench or crate to give yourself a "drivers stand". From experience (my home track events) it really does make a difference.

my custom body album...
Old 2013.05.14, 10:35 AM   #13
flathead51

Yeah, I've been wanting to come out to the meets. Its a bit hard to do what I want these days with my 2 year old Daughter. I've been to the track at Aberdeen once and got a taste of running on a track. Its the perfect size there for me.
flathead51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013.06.09, 10:19 PM   #14
RFick73
N.E.R.D.

Sunday, June 23rd VBTE in New Westminster

The Official link for the Sunday, June 23rd VBTE in New Westminster can be found >>HERE<<
-=
*EX-6R*
Old 2013.06.12, 08:26 PM   #15
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

I've now gotten an idea of how epic the task of preparing the one-off body for this event:

I'm semi contemplating doing this as a draw prize instead of a giveaway. I want everyone to view the possibility of this awesome one of kind body as a great bonus for showing up but as it stands i've tallied up $50ish in expenses (not including any time doing it because thats my fun as well)

Think that'd go over as a plan? Call it $5 a person for those who might want to enter up to $50 for my expenses and the rest to the club (if any extra)?

cool or not cool?

my custom body album...