Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.10.09, 07:29 PM   #31
Boss302
Mini-z Addict.

Send a message via AIM to Boss302 Send a message via MSN to Boss302
Arch2B, your complaint of Noise seems weird, everybody That Ive talked to clamed there Evo Was Quiet!, maybe you installed somthing wrong. Or maybe your Z's are so Quiet the Xmod seems noisy.

MA-010-Completely Stock.
Boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.09, 07:35 PM   #32
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
the only thing i did to the lancer was put in batteries...... maybe it is just that my z's are much quiter reversing still sounds horrible though

the lancer really is a huge improvement over the gen1 though. i would not feel guilty reccomending the evolution lancer to anyone looking for a cheap car for thrills.

still not sold on the truck...

i have video comign shortly....
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.09, 07:35 PM   #33
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
One of the Xmods tricks I have seen done was to remove all the screws from the body, glue on the skirts and bumper pieces. And sometimes cut away the extra plastic inside the body. All this to lower the CG for racing. You remove all the screws in the body it comes to quite a bit of weight. My Camaro Zmods, Xmods body on an MR02 chassis really likes to push in corners bad. Of course doing this will fix it to where you can't change the "kit" around, that is a big part of Xmods. With this in mind I can see some making these into real track burners.
Old 2005.10.09, 07:37 PM   #34
arch2b

ok, lighting is a bit dark but best i could do at night....

lancer runs

h2 tire coming off way to easily

h2 runs
Old 2005.10.09, 07:41 PM   #35
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerZ
One of the Xmods tricks I have seen done was to remove all the screws from the body, glue on the skirts and bumper pieces. And sometimes cut away the extra plastic inside the body. All this to lower the CG for racing. You remove all the screws in the body it comes to quite a bit of weight. My Camaro Zmods, Xmods body on an MR02 chassis really likes to push in corners bad. Of course doing this will fix it to where you can't change the "kit" around, that is a big part of Xmods. With this in mind I can see some making these into real track burners.
teh h2 has about 20 screw in it boy was that a pain....

the lancer only had about 10
Old 2005.10.09, 07:51 PM   #36
HammerZ
Master of Thrash

Send a message via MSN to HammerZ
That may explain the H2 flipping in the video. I remember seeing that trick over on XmodsRC in the homemade tricks section. I assume that count is the body alone.

Come to think of it my Kyosho H1 has 6 screws in it, well it did till I worked over the roof and cut away the inside section and glued on the top lid. Now is is only the two that hold the frontend on. I did that to make it more stable over uneven ground.

Last edited by HammerZ; 2005.10.09 at 07:57 PM.
HammerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.09, 07:53 PM   #37
arch2b

yes, just the body accessories and body clip.....
Old 2005.10.09, 08:26 PM   #38
arch2b

ok, got some track video up...
listen and you will hear loud clicking occasionally...
Old 2005.10.09, 09:46 PM   #39
briankstan

here is my little video of a Mini-Z racing a Xmod EVO

Mini-z vs Xmod EVO (the Xmod is the dark blue 06 Mustang)

even with the batteries dying in the mini-z he was still able to beat me by a couple of laps.

The Xmod EVO is clearly better then the gen 1, but still not as good as the Mini-Z. IMHO

I will however recommend it to those that can't afford the Mini-z.

Brian
Old 2005.10.10, 02:27 AM   #40
byebye

Well I was really hoping the sound would have dampened with better meshing. Now I'm worried that the mini-z will be loud as well. My question though is can you drift it? I don't see why you couldn't drift them out of the ox with a little electrical tape on the tires. I see that as the only thing fun about them.

Another thing to remember is the xmod tire compound is very sticky, even on the hard tires I would traction role on the RCP. Hard to believe it still rolls with the lowered cg. It could be the body?

-Byebye
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.10, 07:59 AM   #41
Boss302
Mini-z Addict.

Send a message via AIM to Boss302 Send a message via MSN to Boss302
Arch2b , no I see It must be your Car, not you. My GEN 1 doesen't make that much noise. If I were you I would check those bushings.........

The Truck does roll easily, and that concerns me. Seeing as If I got the truck, I would use it for jumping........

My Buddys Evo Just died on him , not a good sign.

Ive done that mod to my RSX, hammer, it lighted up the body so much you can't tell the difference, between not having it on and having it on.

OMG theres a few IW-02's on the bay for $66 and FREE Shipping.omg omg omg.....

MA-010-Completely Stock.

Last edited by Boss302; 2005.10.10 at 08:15 AM.
Boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.10.10, 10:16 AM   #42
arch2b

i swear all i did was put on the wheels, batteries and body... maybe i got a bad one?

i'll install the awd today in both the lancer and h2 now that i've run them both enough to get a feel for them stock.

i can already say the truck will get little use unless the awd and offroad kit don't improve it. as of now, it's too top heavy and the lack of ground clearance means it's not going anywhere outdoors. the tire situation sucks as well. i may just put car wheels with tracker tires or something. the stock ones peel off with the slightest hit
Old 2005.10.10, 11:04 AM   #43
Roketmini
The C is Missing.

Send a message via AIM to Roketmini
One thing i have found with my F-150 is that instead of the tires coming off, they simply wear very quickly. And Arch2b, you failed to test the H2 as a rally-cross vehicle. Find some relativley hard, smooth dirt and throw some roost. My car doesnt mind it, and it can handle some bumps. Im more worried about traction instead od ground clearance with my car. And compared to a Gen 1, the evo is Silenced.
Old 2005.10.10, 11:16 AM   #44
arch2b

your right, i never took it outside. never claimed to have... hard smooth dirt is not easy to find after 3 days of rain though. yes, bumps should not present the truck any problems but it will not work at all likely for those that hoped it would be the ulitmate crawler. i'm sure mods will be made to fix that though

it's clear then, i got a flawed unit as my lancer is NOISY. about as noisy as the gen 1's.

yes, teh stock xmods tires are very soft. wish the same was true for mini-z's.
Old 2005.10.10, 12:05 PM   #45
bda52
I want my two dollars!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bda52
Do the Gen 2's use the same wheels as the Gen 1? (will I have to buy new wheels and tires to drift with the Gen 2)
bda52 is offline   Reply With Quote