Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2012.04.29, 08:26 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Giro-Z Driver

tried installing Giro-z on win7 64bit system and it will not install a driver. anyone know how to resolve this?

i've tried updating the driver and pointing it to the driver folder on the disc but it doesn't find the file or recognize it's the right one.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.29, 08:45 PM   #2
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Where are you getting it from? You can DL it from kenon's home page. Ive never had a problem when getting it from there.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.29, 08:58 PM   #3
arch2b

i downloaded zround ver1.12.3 from knenon's link on the home page but the only folder to find just giro-z driver is on the disc provided by trp. if anyone has just the driver, please provide a link. all i can find on kenon's site is the zround download
Old 2012.04.29, 09:22 PM   #4
arch2b

i take it the usb driver has an led that should be lit as well? mine does not. i assume this is because the usb driver is not installed and recognized.

i can see the bridge in the devices and printers menu but says it needs troubleshooting and it goes back to not having the driver and not able to find it.
Old 2012.04.30, 05:44 AM   #5
ScoobyPete

Do you have the original disc?
We have had issues getting V1.12.3 working on XP and Win 7.

We ended up having to manually installing the drivers from the original disc. When you plug the USB in wait for the option to manually install the drivers then install them from the original disc.

I have the drivers seperate on my mates comp so I can host it upm later tonight.
ScoobyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.30, 07:06 AM   #6
arch2b

yes, i have the disc supplied from trp. when i plug in the usb adapter, i am not prompted to install a driver, it runs it's course then tells me it could not install a driver and when i get the option to tell it where to look, it does not find anything so the disc is meaningless at that point.

maybe i should copy this to the Zround subforum? are the developers one and the same for both giro-z drivers and zround?

what process did you use to manually install the driver? what i'm doing clearly is not working.

i've not had a pleasant experience with giro-z thus far.
Old 2012.04.30, 12:43 PM   #7
ScoobyPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
yes, i have the disc supplied from trp. when i plug in the usb adapter, i am not prompted to install a driver, it runs it's course then tells me it could not install a driver and when i get the option to tell it where to look, it does not find anything so the disc is meaningless at that point.

maybe i should copy this to the Zround subforum? are the developers one and the same for both giro-z drivers and zround?

what process did you use to manually install the driver? what i'm doing clearly is not working.

i've not had a pleasant experience with giro-z thus far.
We ended up opening the original disc with an ISO reader copying the drivers file to the desktop then manually pointed windows to check that folder.
ScoobyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.30, 01:34 PM   #8
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

you can also go to trp's website and down load the drivers. it takes some searching but they are there
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.30, 03:44 PM   #9
arch2b

searched with no luck in finding just drivers. anyone have a link to drivers?

why do you need an iso program to read the disc? i just popped it in and copied the driver folder over. i do have poweriso so i can make iso copies if this step is required.
Old 2012.04.30, 04:36 PM   #10
zround

Send a message via Skype™ to zround
Quote:
searched with no luck in finding just drivers. anyone have a link to drivers?

why do you need an iso program to read the disc? i just popped it in and copied the driver folder over. i do have poweriso so i can make iso copies if this step is required.
Hi there,

GiroZ drivers are supplied by the maker and I have only the original 32bit driver version.

When I bought a new laptop (win7/64) I realized they didn't work. On my system, GiroZ USB device is not recognized automatically. On XP/Vista 32bit, a dialog box is opened asking for the driver when you connect the "black box" but on Win7 it doesn't happen. I asked TRP about a 64bit update but I have not yet the answer.

After some investigations I could modify the original driver setup package to enable 64bit compatibility during installation. However, windows can't detect the device and it doesn't ask for the drivers anymore. Fortunately you can install the drivers manually. The modified/win64 compatible driver installation package is installed into the ZRound folder (see the GiroZUSB folder under ZRound application path).

You must install the drivers from the Windows Device Manager. Use the "GiroZUSB" folder as driver location when required.

This is not a ZRound setup issue but a GiroZ USB device/Windows 7 compatibility matter. I have tested in different Win7/64 editions flawlessly.

For further information you should ask to TRP.

I hope it helps. Best regards,

Jesus.

Last edited by zround; 2012.04.30 at 04:38 PM.
zround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.30, 05:02 PM   #11
arch2b

thanks for the clarification on whom handles drivers. i guessed right it seems and posted it here within TRP subforum.

i've tried updating the driver via the control panel/device manager. when telling windows where to find the driver, in the folder you specified, it doesn't find anything despite the file being there. i get a message to that affect but i can't recall the specific wording.
Old 2012.04.30, 05:37 PM   #12
zround

Quote:
thanks for the clarification on whom handles drivers. i guessed right it seems and posted it here within TRP subforum.

i've tried updating the driver via the control panel/device manager. when telling windows where to find the driver, in the folder you specified, it doesn't find anything despite the file being there. i get a message to that affect but i can't recall the specific wording.
You will see "Other devices"/"GiroZ USB Bridge" in the device manager with a warning icon meaning the missing drivers.

When you "update driver software..." (left mouse button on the device entry) and use the GiroZUSB location the system finds the compatible 64bit driver but ... it is not signed so Windows warns you about he can't verify the publisher of the driver software in a big red title. You should answer with the second option "install this driver software anyway". Then the driver will be installed and all should work.

Please let me know the exact error message you see if it is different from what I say above.

Jesus.
Old 2012.04.30, 06:23 PM   #13
arch2b

ok, under browse for driver software on your computer i select the following; drive letter\zround\giro-z drivers (this is what is on the disc i received from trp)

the message i get is the following;
windows was unable to install your giro-z bridge
windows could not find driver software for your device.
Old 2012.04.30, 06:42 PM   #14
zround

Quote:
ok, under browse for driver software on your computer i select the following; drive letter\zround\giro-z drivers (this is what is on the disc i received from trp)

the message i get is the following;
windows was unable to install your giro-z bridge
windows could not find driver software for your device.
I understand. You need to install ZRound (your download 1.12.3 from rcKenon is right) to use my "patched" drivers setup. I introduced the patch in 1.10.4 release. I think TRP doesn't include 64bit drivers into the distribution CD so when you try to install the drivers from the CD, windows can't find a compatible package.

Once you have ZRound installed you will see the GiroZUSB folder into the installation path. The default path for the drivers is "c:\program files(x86)\ZRound\GiroZUSB".

If you have my patched version you will see into that folder the driver itself (usbser.sys), the original 32bit profile from TRP (I renamed the file to girozusb32.inf) and my patched profile for 32/64 (girozusb.inf).

Update the drivers from the Device Manager and use the "c:\program files(x86)\ZRound\GiroZUSB" path to locate the drivers. It should work.

Jesus.
Old 2012.04.30, 07:43 PM   #15
arch2b

Quote:
Once you have ZRound installed you will see the GiroZUSB folder into the installation path. The default path for the drivers is "c:\program files(x86)\ZRound\GiroZUSB".
thanks, that was the little nugget i was missing

followed this path, rebooted and flipside picks up the com port. giroz usb tester is now connecting.