Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events

Old 2009.10.04, 11:50 AM   #1
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

Event Co-ordination Calendar 2010

This is a way overdue function of the forum in general. For it to be truly co-ordinated it should remain moderator controlled. If it is not well controlled then in no time things will be as they are now.

The purpose of the calendar is to establish some organization to event planning. As the scale grows a more rigid planning structure is needed to insure that certain events are given priority so both organizers and competitors can plan with some certainty when an event will be held without worrying that they will either be stepped on or be stepping on another event. With this type of planning the Manufacturers that have so diligently supported us can select dates as much as a year in advance. This will ultimately help all of us plan time off and travel to the events that are important to us.

The events will be categorized as Annual, National, Regional and local. HFAY events are exempt from the calendar rules as generally no travel is required to compete. The goal will be to have no more than two upper tier events per month and never on consecutive weekends. Right now the only two annual events are the RCX race and the ALS charity race. They will receive first choice for calendar dates. After those events have selected dates the next choices will go to the Manufacturers. The PN and Atomic events as well as the Reflex Racing endurance series will move to National status and will select their dates following the two per month guidline. Then will come the the Regional events such as the Action Hobbies events and the events that are held in Myrtle Beach such as the Spring Fling and Turkey Run. As well as the events both past and planned for ILR. I know that I have missed some events. The ones I have used for examples are known to me.

As the scale grows more structure is required to help gain World Wide recognition. If we want to grow beyond where we are this move is necessary. The implementation of this will cause some feelings to be scuffed up but it will work out for the best to all. We have the balance of 2009 to test it out. The plan is to have all the manufacturers 2010 dates selected by the middle of December of this year with the regional dates inserted by the middle of January 2010.

I am in the process of making contact with all the manufacturers for their input. I have a fairly comprehensive list but in the interest of including all, please post your contact information here so that I may add it to my list. If you would be more comfortable with a PM that would be even better.

Thank you in advance for cooperation with this step that will ultimately bring more growth and recognition to our little corner of the hobby.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2009.10.12 at 08:04 AM.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.13, 05:29 PM   #2
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Can this be pinned/stickied to the top of the section? Makes it easier to find when trying to see what is coming up on the national schedule.

Thanks for the work on it Mike, its not an easy thing to stay on top of...
Old 2010.01.13, 06:41 PM   #3
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
As the scale grows more structure is required to help gain World Wide recognition. If we want to grow beyond where we are this move is necessary. The implementation of this will cause some feelings to be scuffed up but it will work out for the best to all. We have the balance of 2009 to test it out. The plan is to have all the manufacturers 2010 dates selected by the middle of December of this year with the regional dates inserted by the middle of January 2010.
Thank you in advance for cooperation with this step that will ultimately bring more growth and recognition to our little corner of the hobby.
The scale has been around for 10 years and unfortunately with todays economy limiting dates for the calendar will hurt some racing venues.

I believe the calendar should show all races. Then the racer can decide which one to go to. It may influence and effect some races but this is not a traveling scale. The majority of racers at any Big event have been locals.
If a track has to now reserve a date it may cause that track to lose revenue
and possibly close. It can also cause less racing.....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.13, 07:33 PM   #4
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

The intent of the calendar is to list all events. The selection process for at least the first year was to give preference to the manufacturer's for their past support of all the club's, shop's and get together's that take place all across the country. The concept was for the bigger events to be posted early enough in the season for long range plans to be made so those among us that do travel to make arrangements far enough in advance to be able gain travel savings from early bookings. If you don't want to travel it doesn't matter. What we would like to avoid is having the enduro that will be held at the mushroom bowl in March from being stepped on by a last minute deal put on by something closer to your area that would tempt racers to take the smaller show closer to home. I am using this particular event as an example only. The end result being the organization and planning as well as potential profitability being killed by a late comer that is more interested in their own success and not necessarily the overall success and growth of the scale. There is a great deal of room for growth. What is holding it back is a lack of structure. The little tribal conflicts that are the backbone of the scale keeps it from gaining any real momentum. It is hard in todays market climate to get anyone to commit to the type of investment that it actually takes to mount even a modest racing effort. Once the investment is made the participant finds out he is locked in at the shop that sold him his gear. He can't go from Queens to Brooklyn or Staten Island cause all the rules and classe are different as well as the general attitudes of the racer's. Not that the attitude's are bad but just different. Everybody wants new additions to their group and will resort to a little trash talk to get them. You know that what I am saying is true. The greater NY metropolitan area is fortunate that it has so many places to race. How much bigger and better could it be with some inner city co operation and competition.

George you have traveled a great deal and visited shops and gatherings virtually world wide. How about doing an in depth series of posts about what you have seen. Good. Bad. Or otherwise. What do you think could be done to improve the racing in your area based on what you have seen around the country and the world. We can all gain from your insight.

I have seen quite a few of the venues across the country as well and next month I will visit as many as I can get to between So Cal and South Florida. The acquaintences I have made are priceless and I hope to make as many more as I can before it's time to take the batteries out of the transmitter for the last time. I have been around the hobby since late 1981 and I wasn't a kid then. Iv'e raced 1/12th scale and 1/8th scale. never ran off road or 1/10th scale. I have been a ROAR official and a director of National Championship's. If I can give what I have learned to a scale that has as much promise as this one before I fade from the picture then that is what I want to do.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2010.01.14 at 08:57 AM.
Old 2010.01.16, 05:08 AM   #5
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
George you have traveled a great deal and visited shops and gatherings virtually world wide. How about doing an in depth series of posts about what you have seen. Good. Bad. Or otherwise. What do you think could be done to improve the racing in your area based on what you have seen around the country and the world. We can all gain from your insight..
I saw all good.....
Thats why I enjoy mini z racing so much.....

As far as racing in the NYC area we have over 25 million people and basically the same 50 die hards.....We need to get more people racing for sure.....
We do get new racers and a lot of racers dont travel (dont have cars and mass transit isnt the greatest)

I am glad the calendar will show all races....The really big race on a date should have a certain color to give it its merit.....
Putting out the calendar is a lot of work and I thank you for your dedication to Mini Z Racing.......
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.16, 09:07 AM   #6
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

Thumbs up

Big thumbs up on this as well!

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.16, 06:27 PM   #7
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Good suggestion on color coding, that might not be hard to do.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.24, 06:49 PM   #8
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I like the color idea as well. Arch. I will email you about it before I hit the road again. Cabo was really nice.
Old 2010.01.24, 08:59 PM   #9
NYRC-WebAdmin
www.nyrcsuperraceway.com

Quote:
I have seen quite a few of the venues across the country as well and next month I will visit as many as I can get to between So Cal and South Florida. The acquaintences I have made are priceless and I hope to make as many more as I can before it's time to take the batteries out of the transmitter for the last time. I have been around the hobby since late 1981 and I wasn't a kid then. Iv'e raced 1/12th scale and 1/8th scale. never ran off road or 1/10th scale. I have been a ROAR official and a director of National Championship's. If I can give what I have learned to a scale that has as much promise as this one before I fade from the picture then that is what I want to do.
mleemor60,

Any chance you would attend one of our events at NYRC. We are in the process of finializing our annual-series race. There are 6 events for this series through out the year. We'll post all the information on our website, www.nyrcsuperraceway.com shortly. We would love for you to attend any of them.
NYRC-WebAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.24, 09:13 PM   #10
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

You just never know where I will show up. I am considering running all the Reflex Endurance races that I can get to on the "First Coast" and the series Finaly(sp?) in Houston. I would like to visit all the "Naked City" shops and add to the list of faces that I have names for.
Old 2010.01.27, 06:10 AM   #11
hpgod

Mike are yall running any big race up in NC this year?
hpgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.27, 06:50 AM   #12
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I'm sure we will be. The usual Diablo plus we probably will do at least two Carolina's Cup events. I'm sure there will be some discussion on the way to the beach this weekend.
Old 2010.01.27, 11:44 AM   #13
hpgod

cool
let me know the dates early so I can try to plan to attend.
hpgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.27, 02:52 PM   #14
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I talked with the shop this afternoon. I think we can pull off two Cup events as well as the Diablo.
Old 2010.01.27, 03:06 PM   #15
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ The Diablo can count towards the cup challenge as well Mike! I think we should have any events in the Carolinas that we are at count towards our challenge points.

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote