Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs

Old 2004.08.02, 03:11 PM   #1
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

RCP Tracks Website has a new look

Check out our new look and let us know what you think. We will be adding many more pictures to the gallery section along with some additional information on some of our new tracks, shortly. We are also planning to add a track building program to the site within the next few months.

www.rcptracks.com

We have teamed up with Horizon/Losi and are currently manufacturing some custom Mini-T tracks for use as in store tracks, in many hobby stores throughout the US. The Mini-T tracks will be offered as a complete kit, to over 5000 RCP Track dealers here in the US and Canada. We will post some pictures of these custom Mini-T tracks on our website shortly.

The LapZ timing system will be available here in the US within the month and we are currently working on pricing and a program to offer the system through RCP Tracks, Inc.
RCPMini-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.02, 03:51 PM   #2
cam2
cop magnet :(

Send a message via AIM to cam2
the new site is great! love the motley crue intro
Old 2004.08.02, 03:54 PM   #3
TNB
Pet Human

Overall I like the new look of the website; however, I did notice that some of the "click to enlarge" photos linked to different photos.

I also noticed all the optional tile parts, i.e., off-road Mini-tile corners, rails, and blanks along with on-road blanks. That would probably look great on my track. It's just too bad I can't seem to get any.
Old 2004.08.02, 05:25 PM   #4
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

TNB, which photos didn't work for you? Also which optional parts are you looking for? Give me a specific quantity and which surface.
Old 2004.08.02, 05:54 PM   #5
TNB
Pet Human

The photos all worked. It was just that when you click on some of the thumbnails to enlarge the photos, some actually showed different photos, not just enlarged photos.

As mentioned before I would like to expand the mini-tile with on-road blanks and then connect off-road mini-tiles on one of the sides. To me this would be kind of like having the F1s spin out off the main track into the dirt and still allow a chance to recover just like the "big" races. If you noticed one of my setups, I used the 50cm off road tiles as an additional barrier to help protect the Zs in case they flew off the mini-tile set up. If there is any type of conversion pieces available, I would love to have a set so I could incorporate the 50cm off-road expansion package I already own into the Mini-Tile. I thought about cutting one tile up, but have been holding off ever since the subject of off-road mini-tiles was brought up. I would also consider purchasing a full size "L" if I could convert it to a Mini in order to widen some of the turns and straights.

Basically, I enjoyed the set up at RCX and wouldn't mind being able to do that type of set up with a Mini-Tile. Better yet, if a driver was provided with the "Y" option of going off-road or on-road, both off-road vehicles and on-road vehicles could essentially be ran on the same track without having to disassemble any of the track to make room to hook on the off-road portion.

I am also curious now though as to how much wider a Mini-Tile is with one blank center tile compared to a regular RCP Track…. Would it be easier to design/modify a tile to join a Mini to a standard or a Mini+Blank to a standard.

If I lost you in my description with lack of diagrams, I can always "try" to telephone you again and attempt to better describe what I am contemplating. However, I really do think such a track design would appeal to "all" worlds (Mini/Standard-Onroad/Offroad) and be a great promotion if in fact, people could actually see that the track can function as both on-road and off-road without any disassembly and reassembly. And I only write that because I have fielded numerous questions on several boards regarding the differences in the tracks and track type.

Edit: One photo example - After clicking on the RCX logo on the main page, a photo shows on the linked page. If you click "next" twice, the thumbnail shows what appears to be F1s at 2004 RCX. However, if you click on the thumbnail to enlarge it--where did the F1s go? The people are also different.

Last edited by TNB; 2004.08.02 at 06:04 PM.
TNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.02, 06:27 PM   #6
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

TNB, I think I understand what your attempting. You would like to expand the width of the mini-96 with one on road mini blank expansion tile and then replace the outside straight section and outside corner sections with the off road surface mini tiles. This would create an outside gravel area for run off. Is this correct. If so, how many tiles of each texture and type do you need?

Three mini tiles will give you approx. 30 1/4 inches of lane width.
Old 2004.08.02, 07:18 PM   #7
TNB
Pet Human

I just attempted to telephone you, but I didn't get an answer--it just rang and rang. Anyway, yes, that is pretty much what I am wanting to do to: Onroad inside, onroad blank, offroad outside. It's rather difficult for me to pinpoint the number of tiles due to the configuration changes, especially since I'm not in front of a set up track, and that is why I just tried telephoning.

However, if a Mini-Tile "course" has 96 tiles and I divide 96/4 since not all straights and turns would need blanks and off-road tiles, that would provide 24 off-road tiles & 24 blanks though some would also have to be "turns", but an equal amount of each may be the correct ratio. Does that seem about right if we are in fact on the same wave length? Perhaps a few more of each if there is a large 180 degree turn with the same ratio 1:1 blank to off-road.

Also, if 30.25 inches = 76.835 centimeters, then that should be 16.835 centimeters or 6.6279528 inches wider with the blank Mini-Tile. The standard 50cm x2 would be 100 centimeters which equals 39.3700787 inches or 3.2808399 feet. A difference of approximately 9 inches in width per lane.

Last edited by TNB; 2004.08.02 at 07:21 PM.
TNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.02, 09:01 PM   #8
THRC Dan
Race Nut

Send a message via ICQ to THRC Dan Send a message via AIM to THRC Dan Send a message via Yahoo to THRC Dan
Im confused.... I have 4 of the larg L's and really like the RCP track for running mini z's.

Im not getting the section on "tracks" where it shows all of the track peices piled on each other. Im interested in the lane expansion pieces for the black on road track. I'm assuming that the squares are 20X20 like the original rail pieces that were first released. Minus the rails our current lanes are around 30" in width. Are the lane expansioin pieces 20X20 also? will it add 20" to the lane width?
The site looks very nice but the "tracks" section could be layed out so each piece could be clearly seen with deminsions and all details needed for each piece.

Are there plans to introduce any sweeping curves or angles to further enhance layouts?
Love the tracks, keep up the great work!
THRC Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.02, 09:10 PM   #9
TNB
Pet Human

Did you duplicate the Danseys layout? I noticed the photo on THRC and comments to the right of the photo taken at Danseys. The blank tiles will help with "sweeping" corners.
Old 2004.08.03, 05:34 PM   #10
fraz

Looks great. Much better!!
Old 2004.08.03, 08:22 PM   #11
micromonsterz

Send a message via Yahoo to micromonsterz
unhappy camper

Great tracks, great site.

Pity you cant get them shipped to Australia - no matter how hard you try.

"We bring the tracks to you - if you live in America"
micromonsterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.04, 08:42 AM   #12
THRC Dan
Race Nut

Send a message via ICQ to THRC Dan Send a message via AIM to THRC Dan Send a message via Yahoo to THRC Dan
TNB, that is the track at Danseys.... I posted that picture on our site before the track was available retail. I guess its time to post our own tracks on there... lol. I like the idea of the blank pieces for the corners as well as the main straight.
Just hoping that we see some angle pieces and natural sweeping turns soon
THRC Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004.08.04, 12:14 PM   #13
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

Dan,
We do have a prototype angle piece made that will allow you to make 45-degree transitions in your track. The angled method uses blank tiles and 45-degree cut tiles to incorporate angled sections in many lengths to your track. I will post a picture of the angled prototype pieces to show you what we have planned for future production. Both the large radius inside corners and angled track pieces where hand cut here at our shop using materials from the existing kits, so you would be able to make these pieces yourself, if you didn’t want to wait for the production kits. When I post the pictures, I will explain how to cut the pieces if you want to custom make them yourself. The materials I used to make all the prototypes included a razor knife, epoxy and spare RCP tiles and rails.

You could also make some 45-degree angled sections by using outside radius and inside radius turns back to back, without cutting or epoxy. It may not look as nice, but accomplishes the same thing.

The lane width of the wide lane tracks is 33 inches from inside to inside rail. Adding blank expansion tiles will give you approx. 53 inches and wider in 20" increments. Thanks for the input. We will add some more details to the track layout page, showing individual tiles and their dimensions.

Micromonsterz, until Kyosho has the tracks available in your country, we are limited to the options available to send the tracks your way. As you already know, it is way too expensive to ship the tracks via FedEx, due to the size and weight of each track. The US Postal Service has programs to ship packages in 4 to 6 weeks, but our track boxes exceed the allowable size. The only option I can see is to separate the pieces in the Mini-96 kit, into possibly 3 smaller boxes that don’t exceed the allowable size through the USPS. If we could get everything in 3 boxes, your looking at about $120 to ship to Australia. (4 to 6 weeks delivery) The Mini-Zracer shop may be able to lower the shipping cost a little. Send them an email, to see what they can do. There will most likely be some additional duties or taxes in addition to the shipping costs.

Last edited by RCPMini-z; 2004.08.04 at 12:24 PM.
Old 2004.08.04, 12:21 PM   #14
TNB
Pet Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by THRC Dan
TNB, that is the track at Danseys.... I posted that picture on our site before the track was available retail. I guess its time to post our own tracks on there... lol.
I know it's Danseys, I was there then and still go there now.
Old 2004.08.04, 12:28 PM   #15
RCPMini-z
rcptracks.com

TNB, give me a ring regarding your additonal tile request. I will be here at the office for a short time.