Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.09.11, 06:53 PM   #1
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Send a message via AIM to yasuji Send a message via Yahoo to yasuji
1/28 Raceway Classes

Mini-z Stock Class
mini-z RTR box stock
only exceptions
1)radio
2)tires

1/28 Open Stock:
1/28th Scale Rules

1/28 Open Mod:
1/28th Scale Rules

Racing every Wednesday and Saturday starting @ 6pm

Grant "Yasuji" Matsushima

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Last edited by yasuji; 2009.09.12 at 01:54 AM.
yasuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.11, 09:04 PM   #2
bermbuster
GF Racing

How many days a week will you be racing???
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.12, 01:55 AM   #3
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermbuster View Post
How many days a week will you be racing???
Mini-z Stock Class
mini-z RTR box stock
only exceptions
1)radio
2)tires

1/28 Open Stock:
1/28th Scale Rules

1/28 Open Mod:
1/28th Scale Rules

Racing every Wednesday and Saturday starting @ 6pm

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2009.09.16, 11:25 PM   #4
alanfujii

Hey! Where's everybody?

I went out to Grant's today. Left early from work and headed out there about 3:30. Got there at 4:20 and got setup. Ask Grant what he thought and he wasn't very confident anyone would show (no showed up Saturday). Sure enough I was the only one there. There were just a couple of rentals but that was it.

Everyone talks about a need for Mini-Z tracks in the So Cal area but if we don't support them then we can't complain when there gone.I know it's far but it's the only thing we got. If Wednesday's not a good day then post what days would work. I would be willing to do a car pool out Grant's during the week (I can't do Saturdays due to family needs). We just need to get a critical mass going so we can attract new people into the sport.
alanfujii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.17, 01:51 AM   #5
bermbuster
GF Racing

It takes time for a new track to build up a group of racers. Remember Rome was nt built in a day......

Right now this is a hectic time of year (school starting) so potential racers have more important things to focus on. The economy isnt helping much either. It will be a slow ride.....All track owners need to be creative to get more racers......race rentals.....rent to own.....rental prizes for hotlaps or max numbers of laps.....A store that is open everyday can have races everyday..... In its simpliest form you only need one racer....race yourself get your lap times low and count up....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.22, 02:45 AM   #6
mugler

In the meantime for those who have transponders it can still be fun running against the clock and tuning the car running on your own. For those who don't maybe Grant can make transponders a rental item so racers coming in can count on having their laps timed. Hopefully soon enough racers will be coming in randomly enough to eventually maybe even run into each other on a more regular basis.

Come on in guys...running these tiny suckers is big fun!

Yeah I should listen to myself.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.24, 10:45 AM   #7
Timmig
Timmig

Oh yeah--- I LOVE these little cars and have been trying to make time to go race them at Grant's!!! He's got a great little facility in the mall---a very fun track to drive on!! WE NEED to try and support him while he's getting started and grow some racing!!
Grant--- are you still going to Cruising for the Cure?? What time do you need us there?? I can spend the morning with you-- probably 8:00am to about 1:00pm. Let me know where in the show you are.
Thanks
Tim
Timmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.09.24, 10:59 AM   #8
alanfujii

Went out to Grant's yesterday and was able to get in quite a bit of practice. Grant as usual was great in helping me setup my car and Tx for better control. Too bad he doesn't have anything for the driver. Nevertheless, practice, practice and practice, if you guys don't come out even someone like me can eventually pass you up. So get out there and support your local track!
Old 2009.09.29, 02:23 PM   #9
alanfujii

Hey Grant have you seen this yet? http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24279

Maybe you can stock up on some of these for sale for Christmas. I know you want to stay true to Mini-Z but this track is wide enough for the kids to buy Mini-Z's. I suspect the reason the track is so wide is the cheaper cars that come with the kit can't make the sharper turns.
Old 2009.10.02, 07:15 PM   #10
mugler

Grant you should be able to sell a bunch of those track from alanfujii's posts. they'll buy the tracks first then realize they like the store cars better than the ones with the track and be back to pick up a mini-z. Practice at home a bit and then get hungry for racing with others at the store...maybe but not too far fetched.
Old 2009.10.02, 07:18 PM   #11
mugler

I'll be there tomorrow (SAT) to run the rubber off the rims. I'm going to run for the first time my EMU wide front 015 also to see how it feels (015 chassis w/02 front width).

Grant be forewarned, I'm going to need some tuning tips. My 02 was slower than a slug last time!

Called up one of the PN guys who I had a number for and he may show up starting mid-day and just sent a PM to another one as well. Anyone else is coming? we may even end up racing tomorrow!
Old 2009.10.02, 08:06 PM   #12
yasuji
PN RacingTEAM Driver

im excited for more racers to show up....last sat a few 10th scale guys came out and ran some rentals.....roel, alex n, chris c, and another guy i didnt get his name it was cool.....maybe we will see a few more guys getting into it soon

PN Racing Team Driver
www.pnracing.com
gm@pnracing.com

Old 2009.10.02, 11:21 PM   #13
Timmig
Timmig

Hey Grant,

I'll be out on Wednesday nights after next week. I have to be in Chicago next week. I didn't know you were racing on Wed's---but I'll make it out in two weeks!! Good to see more guys coming out--winter and cooler days will bring people back indoors!! I've got some flyers up at the LHS'S==
CYA soon
Tim
Timmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.03, 02:17 AM   #14
PNracing

Send a message via AIM to PNracing Send a message via Yahoo to PNracing Send a message via Skype™ to PNracing
Finally I'm back to US, tomorrow night i will go to Grant track.
Anyone will go?

http://www.pnracing.com
http://PNWC.pnracing com
DownloadPNICS ICS Android Apps for ICS Setting
PNracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.10.07, 02:37 AM   #15
mugler

Lot's of fun on Saturday, first practicing then racing at night with some of the fastest mini-z'ers in the world, literally! Some extra practice time for them before the head to Spain in November for PNWC. In my case I was running with them but other than that getting out of the way as quickly as was getting lapped...still fun though

As for my EMU wide font 015, between the enzo and mclaren the latter ended up being the clear winner with my set up. The surprising thing was my AM band 015 was running much more consistently and matching best lap times compared to my AD Band 02! Too bad i only found that out during racing when i had already disassembled my 015 to dress up the 02. would have done much better with 015.