Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2019.01.11, 08:55 AM   #376
pressure

2019 Mr 03 evo and double A arm front

Can anyone tell me if the double A arm front suspension is compatible with the MR03 evo that was just released. the moulded plastic top seems to protrude past the cross member, If so will PN be making a new version? thanks in advance
pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.11, 12:05 PM   #377
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

When mounting the PN A-arm there has always been material removal involved on the front of an MR02 or MR03. I imagine nothing different will change for the 03Evo.

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.11, 01:38 PM   #378
pressure

MR 03 evo

yes Im familiar however the MR 03 evo (new car) plastic is designed differently on the top , where the brace for the double A arm sits. the car is pretty new to the market but Im assuming PN would have a definitive answer or a revision for the evo.
Old 2019.01.11, 08:09 PM   #379
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I would assume that the same process would be applied to the EVO as would be done with the standard MR03. Just that you would snip the hinges off the tower bar rather than the entire servo cover. Finally able to open the servo without needing to remove the A-Arm! I would assume that you could also just use a simple standoff of the same height as the tower rather than snipping it down to size (which would leave a gap for dust entering the servo but could be sealed with tape).
Old 2019.01.14, 09:12 AM   #380
cowboysir
epic procrastinator

Saw a post at the FB 1:28 community about the PN A-arm and Evo compatibility. A picture detail and description is in place for those looking to convert while keeping plenty of tower arm height adjustments for roll center and camber gain.

Emu over explained the mod so whatever i say here would just be parroting (sounds cool but doesnt do it full justice)

my custom body album...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=192
cowboysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019.01.14, 09:33 AM   #381
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir View Post
Saw a post at the FB 1:28 community about the PN A-arm and Evo compatibility. A picture detail and description is in place for those looking to convert while keeping plenty of tower arm height adjustments for roll center and camber gain.

Emu over explained the mod so whatever i say here would just be parroting (sounds cool but doesnt do it full justice)
I totally misread what he was asking about. I was notified and all that I saw was that picture, didn't realize it was modified because I don't have an a-arn for 03. When I finally saw the whole post of pics, I felt a little foolish.

For those that don't use FB. The bottom of the tower bar looks like it needs clearancing for the servo cover. Why he cut expensive metal instead of cheap plastic, I am not sure. He might have his reasons...
Old 2019.01.14, 11:07 AM   #382
pressure

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMU View Post
I totally misread what he was asking about. I was notified and all that I saw was that picture, didn't realize it was modified because I don't have an a-arn for 03. When I finally saw the whole post of pics, I felt a little foolish.

For those that don't use FB. The bottom of the tower bar looks like it needs clearancing for the servo cover. Why he cut expensive metal instead of cheap plastic, I am not sure. He might have his reasons...
Hey EMU , the FB posting is of my car !! the plastic chassis parts weren't available yet so I just went with my plan in retrospect I could have waited for the chassis spares and looked at it but Im happy with the aesthetic results.... .. once I get ot on the track ill see if the package works well. I am very happy with my SS car that I ran last week( PN 2.5 chassis w/ AA front) . See you this weekend!!!
Old 2019.01.14, 06:27 PM   #383
EMU
EMUracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure View Post
Hey EMU , the FB posting is of my car !! the plastic chassis parts weren't available yet so I just went with my plan in retrospect I could have waited for the chassis spares and looked at it but Im happy with the aesthetic results.... .. once I get ot on the track ill see if the package works well. I am very happy with my SS car that I ran last week( PN 2.5 chassis w/ AA front) . See you this weekend!!!
See, I knew you had your reasons... plus, it shouldn't effect performance or reliability. You're making me nervous. If this car runs like your SS car, you'll be flying.