Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.05.03, 05:13 PM   #16
nitrojunkie

Class wise how restrictive would this be?
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/miniz/i...part_num=32901
or will this allow for greater flexability?
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/miniz/i...part_num=32801
I like the physics/layout of the Mercedes but the GT R strokes my soul.
nitrojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.03, 05:58 PM   #17
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

One is for what we call the LM class and is our favorite for ease of driving and just general side by side racing. The other is basically what we run in the stock class. Different wheel base but otherwise essentially the same car with all the same parts and motor. The only one you missed was the F-1.

Either one or both will get you right into the thick of things. A little easier to work on than the Dnanos.

I'm compiling a list of cars, parts and accessories for Mark and Brent. it should start happening soon. In the meantime come on over to HS and get your feet wet.

Last edited by mleemor60; 2010.05.03 at 06:00 PM.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.05.03, 07:03 PM   #18
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Nitro,

Both are popular bodies at our track, the Sauber has become the most popular for LM and the GTR is the most numerous in Stock. The Zs are much cheaper and easier to change bodies on than the dNaNos. Remember, at High Speed we race stock every Thursday and alternate between LM and F1. I am not sure what the schedule will be at HobbyTown but we would propose the same set of rules as High Speed with class schedules to be decided...
Old 2010.05.14, 09:28 PM   #19
nitrojunkie

Well I have commited to the Helios EX 10 the module will be here next week.I decided to get the radio first and sell the dnano to buy my car.Should not be hard to move as it has everything on it but a Gyro.I think that for the long haul this will be way easier than messing with TX trims for every car ( I am sure there will be a few when all is said and done) than the KT 18 would.Now I need to also unload some slotcar stuff too.
Old 2010.05.15, 04:10 AM   #20
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Great choice of radio, I think you will be much happier than with the KT. Have you decided on a chassis? Mooresville has some Kyosho parts on order and I gave them a list of suggested PN Racing parts to order.

If you have time today (Saturday the 15th) get out to High Speed Hobbies in Landis. The Carolinas Cup Mini Z race is going on from 9:30AM till 6:30PM. We have a large field of Stock and LM cars and probably the largest MiniZ F1 field in the country to date, the F1s have taken off lately! The scene today at HS is what we hope to spread over to the HT in Mooresville. Glad to hear you will be joining the racing soon!
Old 2010.05.18, 07:36 PM   #21
nitrojunkie

The Helios is in the house.Paired it to the dNano and ran some laps on Mikes track this evening.Man what a difference even without reducing steering throws.I have some reading to do to figure everything out.I liked the dNano on RCP too.
Old 2010.05.18, 08:16 PM   #22
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Cool! We had a great MiniZ event over at HS this past weekend. Hope to set up the regular racing at HT soon...

I would like to run the dNaNo on the big track too.
Old 2010.05.21, 04:39 AM   #23
nitrojunkie

I have been reading and making adjustments to the new radio/car set up.I am hoping to get to try it out on the track this weekend sometime and see If I can get it dialed in.This new transmitter is the stuff I can hardly believe all of the stuff it can do without a pc.I have decided not to sell the dNano as that racing is not dead just slow for now.The Helicopter may be going now and the slotcar stuff.
Old 2010.05.30, 08:36 AM   #24
nitrojunkie

There will be a meeting on June 8th at 7:00 pm on classes for HT Mooresville.If we are going to get Mini-Z racing going here this will be the time to get a good start.I am very interested but we need more people.
Old 2010.05.30, 07:22 PM   #25
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

I will try to make it out.
Old 2010.05.31, 06:19 AM   #26
rla4runner

Great news, Looking forward to the meeting. I think we just need to be there running to get some more interest.
rla4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.06.12, 08:09 PM   #27
nitrojunkie

I am now set for Mini-Z racing I have the Helios and a MR 03 chassis with Aston Martin DB9R body and with Mikes assistance Thursday evening with the selection of parts and mounting my tires up with tire tape it is race ready all but a Damper system,Ball diff and oil filled shock.I am going to try to make it to the store tomorrow for testing and getting the right springs in the front end.I guess since we have a schedule for the summer in the meeting thread we should start posting over there.I am looking forward to racing.