Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.12.29, 12:20 AM   #136
easy

You might want to have a look at some of the Tamiya gear box sets that come with a 1:30 motor. I was looking in their catalogue and they have one with a gear ratio of about 5347:1 . I said the the hobby shop owner does that say a gear ratio of over 5000:1? He looks and says "yep".

They have others that run a few hundred to one and they all cost less than the Sanyo you bought. They are bigger but in an SUV budy you mount them with the motor vertical and the out put shaft as the axle in place of your stock set up.

I'd show you what I mean but I switched over to SSMT143s since they have solid axle 4x4.

DM

SSMT143 crawlers, the OL killers at 1/3 the price.
easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.29, 03:14 AM   #137
Han SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy
You might want to have a look at some of the Tamiya gear box sets that come with a 1:30 motor. I was looking in their catalogue and they have one with a gear ratio of about 5347:1 . I said the the hobby shop owner does that say a gear ratio of over 5000:1? He looks and says "yep".

They have others that run a few hundred to one and they all cost less than the Sanyo you bought. They are bigger but in an SUV budy you mount them with the motor vertical and the out put shaft as the axle in place of your stock set up.

I'd show you what I mean but I switched over to SSMT143s since they have solid axle 4x4.

DM

many thanx for the info, easy. it should be good, i guess.
in fact, i wanna make my overland 4x4 like diets's. his work is good, i think.
below link shows that.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...highlight=lssm

i really wanna have a 4x4 overland.
happy holidays~

my gallery, awd patrol, h1
Han SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.29, 09:41 AM   #138
toyjunker
scratch & dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han SW
hi, can i ask you a question?
i'd bought two of sanyo gear motors 196:1. and i'd like to get 30 teeth for the motor, 18 teeth for the axles. can this combination give high torque to my overland? i guess i should've bought motors 297.1:1.
motor 196:1 is good for torque?
That motor and gear combination should produce some excellent torque. You should end up with a final drive ratio of around 326:1. For comparison, TOYJNKR's final drive ration is 297:1 since Im running 1:1 pinion combo.

The Tamiya gearboxes are really cool and I have several, but they are all huge compared to the Sanyo gear motors. Plus the Tamiya gearboxes are L O U D compared to the Sanyo. It would be cool to see some of the Tamiyas put to use in an OL, but given that the Sanyo fits so easily in the stock gear case it makes an excellent crawler upgrade.

Whatever you do, have fun! And Happy New Year!

PS - That is an excellent looking Hummer, BTW.

Last edited by toyjunker; 2005.12.29 at 09:46 AM.
toyjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.29, 11:19 AM   #139
Han SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyjunker
That motor and gear combination should produce some excellent torque. You should end up with a final drive ratio of around 326:1. For comparison, TOYJNKR's final drive ration is 297:1 since Im running 1:1 pinion combo.

The Tamiya gearboxes are really cool and I have several, but they are all huge compared to the Sanyo gear motors. Plus the Tamiya gearboxes are L O U D compared to the Sanyo. It would be cool to see some of the Tamiyas put to use in an OL, but given that the Sanyo fits so easily in the stock gear case it makes an excellent crawler upgrade.

Whatever you do, have fun! And Happy New Year!

PS - That is an excellent looking Hummer, BTW.

Thank you for your response.
diets and you used 297:1. So I thought I should've bought that.
Your tips, pics, and vids totally help. I really like your Toyota truck and RCM tires.
Thanks again, toyjunker~

Happy New Year~!

my gallery

Last edited by Han SW; 2005.12.29 at 11:22 AM.
Old 2005.12.30, 10:47 AM   #140
diets

I actually have an overall gear ratio of 178:1.

That is, because i use the bigger gear on the motor and the smaller one on the axle. I readuced the overall gear ratio! Confusing?

The reason for this is, that i tried to get a maximum ground clearance.
In my awd concept, the gear for the front drive train is in the middle of the front axle. The bigger the gear on the axle, the smaller the ground clearance

I would recommend the 297:1 sanyo motor for the 4x4 concept. The torque, produced by the smaller sanyo gear motors, would be enough as well. But if you want to drive real slow (and with highest control), you should go for the 297:1

diets - the sanyo is the first choice

Last edited by diets; 2005.12.30 at 10:49 AM.
diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.12.30, 01:11 PM   #141
Han SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by diets
I actually have an overall gear ratio of 178:1.

That is, because i use the bigger gear on the motor and the smaller one on the axle. I readuced the overall gear ratio! Confusing?

The reason for this is, that i tried to get a maximum ground clearance.
In my awd concept, the gear for the front drive train is in the middle of the front axle. The bigger the gear on the axle, the smaller the ground clearance

I would recommend the 297:1 sanyo motor for the 4x4 concept. The torque, produced by the smaller sanyo gear motors, would be enough as well. But if you want to drive real slow (and with highest control), you should go for the 297:1

diets - the sanyo is the first choice

Thanks a lot, diets.
I can see what you said.
I have already bought the 196:1 motors. First I should try these, I think.
If there's less satisfaction with these, I should go for the 297:1 like what you said.
I appreciate your kindness. Happy New Year!

my gallery
Old 2006.01.12, 05:05 PM   #142
racer32

Toyjnkr-
If you are not using the 197:1 motor, do you want to sell it?

Sweet truck BTW... I love the flatbed...
racer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.01.15, 07:27 PM   #143
toyjunker
scratch & dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer32
Toyjnkr-
If you are not using the 197:1 motor, do you want to sell it?

Sweet truck BTW... I love the flatbed...
Thanks!

Sorry, though, none of my Sanyos are for sale. Got plans for 'em, you know.
toyjunker is offline   Reply With Quote