Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.10.06, 12:33 PM   #46
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Here is a picture of somebody else's 934 with the same Team Atlis wheels that I'm getting. I don't care for his choice of color, but I think the wheels willl look fabulous against the stock red. Photo curtesy of Mini-ZBar.com

It also look's like he widened his fenders a bit too...........
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.06, 12:36 PM   #47
kryten

Send a message via MSN to kryten
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Hi there Kryten. I'm looking to replace the ugly black/red chassis that the MR15's come with for the nicer smoked chassis. I've only seen the normal smoked chassis and not the 2.4 version. Is the MR15 top peice the same as the MR02's top peice?
As for buying a 2.4 conversion set, not needed as I'm getting the MR15 2.4 chassis set to start with and I've already got the KT-18 transmitter. I'm just looking to get the smoked/gold version which will look much better with the silver aluminum upgrades.
Inever took much notice tbh,tho the 015 top cover is red not blue,i'll dig it out and have a look.
kryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.06, 12:41 PM   #48
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

In that case I do not want it as I want to replace the red.
I'll be getting my MR15 chassis middle of the week, "bought from the shop!", and I should be getting my package from EGR Mart around the same time.
I decided it was time to get the Atomic 3 in 1 Mini-Z tool kit, two Mini-Z protective boxes for carrying to the track, set up board, the Team Atlis wheels and Atomic tires. Oh, and I picked up Atomics tire-box as well. Wish they made a box for all the springs and H-plates.
Somebody should make a fancy box that carries tires, springs, H-plates, tie-rods, and knuckles all in neat organized fasion inlade with soft velore or something like that. Maybe not velore but you know what I mean. Tiny little pegs or something for organizing the springs better so they don't get all tangled up with eachother, and so you can select the pair you need quicker.
Old 2008.10.06, 09:51 PM   #49
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Hello there. I'm sorry if I'm sounding dumb here, but will this Atomic motor mount work for my 934? I know that the 934 is RM type, but is the length correct?
MR-02 Atomic 90mm Aluminum Motor Mount

ATOMIC Racing

Support the RM damper plate system (AR33)

Color : Blue ,Silver or Red

PRODUCT ID : AR67

MR-0289
Weight: 2.00 oz

Because if so, than MicroRacers has it in RED in stock and that'll be a nice match.
What else do I need to get to make this work? Suspension wise?
Old 2008.10.06, 10:50 PM   #50
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Hello there. I'm sorry if I'm sounding dumb here, but will this Atomic motor mount work for my 934? I know that the 934 is RM type, but is the length correct?
MR-02 Atomic 90mm Aluminum Motor Mount

ATOMIC Racing

Support the RM damper plate system (AR33)

Color : Blue ,Silver or Red

PRODUCT ID : AR67

MR-0289
Weight: 2.00 oz

Because if so, than MicroRacers has it in RED in stock and that'll be a nice match.
What else do I need to get to make this work? Suspension wise?
Yes, you can use that motormount. You would need to setup the damper for a 90mm setup when the wheelbase is set to 86mm. The motormount was designed to use a 94mm damper when using the 90mm bodies. The 3Racing damper would suit this as well. You could also use the Kyosho RM damper with this mount.

The one thing that might be of concern is clearance for the damper, the further back you set the damper post, the less clearance you will have. I dont think that it will be much of an issue, although it could possibly be one.
Old 2008.10.07, 09:09 AM   #51
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

The 934 seems to have alot of room back there. I won't know anything till I get the chassis and begin with the stock hight of things.
I was looking for a silver RM motor mount that has that long neck like the older 3Racing, or Hot-Racing version. I think TopCad had one too. Is that motor mount any good? I know it won't accomidate the disc damper, but I'm not even sure if I want a disc damper on this car.
I want the tail to be a bit oversteer as I mentioned before. And I think a disc-damper will make it too tight and too grippy.
For that long neck RM motor mount, the only one I can find is a blue one from HR on ebay. But I'm really after a silver one. Is TopCad any good? Some of their parts suck like their battery clips, but I dont' know about their other parts.
Old 2008.10.07, 10:35 AM   #52
EMU
EMUracing

The disc damper will make the car consistant in its performance. Tires and suspension stiffness will dictate its oversteer/understeer nature. I allways recommend a disc damper at the least.

The older RM motor mounts were basically the same as the stock mount, but in alloy. They also will not work for this project, they are designed for 94mm RM. You want a mount that allows continuous gear mesh adjustment so you can fine tune the mesh.

I try to avoid TopCad when I can.
Old 2008.10.07, 10:54 AM   #53
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Thank you as do I. As I mentioned in my wanting to buy battery clips, that TopCad basically sucks. I've had their battery clips a while back on my old MR01 and the clips were loose. Plus, their design is ugly as well!
I think I'll stick with PN stuff or whatever Reflex recommends. I know their packages are catered to MM's, but wonder if they can help me out with RM. Seems like they prefer MM more than RM for flat out racing.
Old 2008.10.07, 10:56 AM   #54
okoye

hey marc still have the original porshe rims that came with the body? care to sell them?
Old 2008.10.07, 11:16 AM   #55
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

As this is not the appropiate place for buying/selling, please PM me concerning the wheels.
Old 2008.10.07, 12:48 PM   #56
EMU
EMUracing

I know my RM setups very well. MM is more competetive, as there is more on power steering in general. Most larger track layouts favor the MM setup, since you dont have to back off of power as much through the sweepers. RM is a little better in low grip, although you have to come off throttle sooner, and get on throttle a little entering the corner, where the MM you can basically just dive into the corner harder than the RM. RM will typically swap ends or roll without a little throttle to balance the car entering the corner. There is more pendulum effect, where the rear wants to keep going straight with the RM than the MM. MM will feel more similar between on throttle and off throttle cornering, while RM has much more of a difference between on throttle and off throttle cornering.

The best 86mm RM damper setup is the 3Racing damper post adapter with the PN ML FRP damper system in the 98mm position. You can easily add a top shock if needed as well.
Old 2008.10.08, 09:22 AM   #57
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Well cool! I got both my packages today so I'm a happy camper. Here are pictures of my new MR15 2.4 chassis with it's Team Atlis wheels. They sure look sweet on this Porsche!
Enjoy the pics.

MR15 2.4 chassis with aftermarket wheels.

However, the Porsche could definetly use some lowering, it looks a tad too high for my likeing. What's the best way to lower this car? Should I get that Kyosho suspension setting "spacer" set?

Last edited by marc; 2008.10.08 at 07:42 PM.
Old 2008.10.09, 02:43 PM   #58
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Successfully binded the transmitter with chassis and the car works great! Now time for some upgrades.
Still puzzled about the smoked skeleton chassis kit for the MR15 2.4 that I've seen posted on ebay from Hobby Japan. It sais suitable for both, their is a ASF 2.4 label on the package, but the chassis in the package shows the top of the older 27 AM car. Does the package include the 2.4 top as well? Or do they just say it's suitable if you modify it?
Old 2008.10.16, 05:39 PM   #59
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

I'm thinking it's time to upgrade the MR15. So far at EGR Mart I have the following in my shopping cart. Please let me know what else I should get.
Mini-Z Alu Wheels off set 1 Gold BBS-type narrow
USD $12.50 USD $12.50
Mini-Z Alu Wheels off set 1 Gold BBS-type wide
USD $12.50 USD $12.50
Mini-Z 8* Radial Groove Tire - Wide (for RCP Track)
USD $2.60 USD $2.60
A.W. Groove Tyre - 30 Degree (Narrow)
USD $3.30 USD $3.30
Alloy Tie Rod (+1*) for MR-015
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
Alloy Tie Rod (0*) for MR-015
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
Alu. Steering Knuckle II -- (1*)
USD $15.80 USD $15.80
Delrin Fricition Disk for DPS
USD $3.90 USD $3.90
Delrin Front Collar Set
USD $2.60 USD $5.20
Double Side Stick Tape for Mini-Z Rims
USD $1.30 USD $2.60
Front Collar Spacer Set for MR-02
USD $2.60 USD $2.60
Mini-Z Ceramic Full Ball Bearing Set
USD $36.80 USD $36.80
Titanium Screw set for Mini-Z
USD $6.20 USD $6.20
FRP Rear Sus. Plate Set (MM)
USD $5.30 USD $5.30
Alu. Motor for MR-02 RM-Blue "Will probably get the red one from MicroRacers if they still have it instead of the blue one".
USD $26.10 USD $26.10
1.0mm SSG Damper Plate (for RM)
USD $9.50 USD $9.50
MR-02 Front Spring Set (Racing Edition)
USD $3.00 USD $3.00
MR-02 Low Ride Height Spring (for RCP)

Do all these sound like a good set up? Also, which disc-damper should I get again? PS, the gold BBS wheels are for my Ferrari 355!
Old 2008.10.16, 07:59 PM   #60
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Yes, I noticed that the FRP Rear suspension plate reads MM but I also have an MM car and I had thought the description read RM in another part of the title.

As for the disc-damper, should I go ahead and get the Kyosho brand RM set up as I've been told it will work with the chosen motor mount?

Another question in regards to the chassis. The point where the disc-damper mounts to the chassis, is it the same distance between the two holes on the MR02 as it is the MR15? I noticed there is no different disc-damper peice specifically for MR15.
I do know that up front, the MR15 has a narrower tie-rod holder and tie-rod.

Last edited by marc; 2008.10.16 at 08:01 PM.