Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.09.19, 11:56 AM   #31
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
there are a couple options that include taping to the bottom of the chassis however i just stuff it into the rear spoiler and let it overhang toward the drivers head if that makes sense. others tape it to the slender portion of the front nose and let if flap over the driver. neither is pretty to look at but... the trouble with taping it to the bottom of the chassis is changing the batteries. if someone can post examples of how to do it nicely i would be very willing to give it a try myself.

for the cars, we simply velcro the tags to the underside of the front hood. i only used velcro to make it easier to taker them out and swap to other bodies quickly. if your interested, i have a full box of velcro strip in a roll.

Last edited by arch2b; 2007.09.19 at 07:38 PM.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.19, 07:21 PM   #32
ncrcracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
there are a couple options that include taping to the bottom of the chassis however i just stuff it into the rear spoiler and let it overhang toward the drivers head if that makes sense. others tape it to the slender portion of the front nose and let if flap over the driver. neither is pretty to look at but... the trouble with taping it to the bottom of the chassis is changing the batteries. if someone can post examples of how to do it nicely i would be very willing to give it a try myself.

for the cars, we simply velcro the tags to the underside of the front hood. i only used velcro to make it easier to taker them out and swap to other bodies quickly. if your interested, i have a full box of velcro strip in a roll.
Arch2b,
Sorry, but it'll be ugly then.

The velcro option sounds good. Thanks for the offer, but we have a roll of velcro here if people want to go that route. Since we are holding the event at our work we have quite a bit at our disposal so if anyone comes up with a clever way of holding them to a F1 then we can make it happen.

BTW, I just received your entry today. Thank you.

NCRC
ncrcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.19, 11:16 PM   #33
k_bojar

Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar Send a message via MSN to k_bojar
for you guys running foams - whose and what compounds are you using??

Since I started running the mini-z's, I've only run rubber tires but I could be "convienced" to try foams if it will be absolutely necessary

PottBelly's R/C Raceway (RIP) | Team Tekin | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.20, 11:31 AM   #34
ncrcracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar
for you guys running foams - whose and what compounds are you using??

Since I started running the mini-z's, I've only run rubber tires but I could be "convienced" to try foams if it will be absolutely necessary
I would have to endorse the GRP tires (for MR-02). I run soft 8.5mm up front and medium 11.5mm in the rear. What I like the most is that they are consistent through their lives on the car and seem to be lasting forever on RCP tracks.

GRP is a sponsor and you will have your chance in winning some tires.

NCRC
Old 2007.09.20, 09:06 PM   #35
lfisminiz
MINI-Z BODY NUT

2 questions............
1. Whats the food outlook for the race? I know you were debating on it or is there somthing real close by.
2. How does foam compare competitive wise to rubber. I only run rubber and would like to run that only. Never ran foam and hate to buy some for 1 event.

Thanks, sounds like a great event. You should have my registration any day now. Larry.

DG DESIGNS - PN RACING - MANTISWORX
lfisminiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.20, 10:58 PM   #36
k_bojar

Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar Send a message via MSN to k_bojar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrcracing
I would have to endorse the GRP tires (for MR-02). I run soft 8.5mm up front and medium 11.5mm in the rear. What I like the most is that they are consistent through their lives on the car and seem to be lasting forever on RCP tracks.

GRP is a sponsor and you will have your chance in winning some tires.

NCRC
Cool I was asking because I was thinking about ordering some of GQ's foams (since I run for them )

BUt I'm digging the rubber tires I've been running - I honestly hate running foams and wish ALL R/C would go to rubber tires on, well except MAYBE nitro TC and 8th on-road

What kind of rubber compounds seem to work best with your track?

PottBelly's R/C Raceway (RIP) | Team Tekin | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.21, 09:59 AM   #37
pottbellysrc

This may have been asked but will foams run in the stock class also?

I just printed the registration forma nd will be sending it in but I would like clarification on this. Also Did you get any F1 Entries yet I will be putting F1 in with my registration. I know KayBo has one and we'll probably come down together so there will be 2 of us.
pottbellysrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.21, 10:25 AM   #38
pottbellysrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrcracing
Arch2b,

The only core transponders we have are the business card size. You are welcome to bring the F1 versions but I am not 100% sure if they will work with our system. We have one of the first few (beta systems).

NCRC

I just purchase the core system about a month ago. To be honest I'm not sure if it's a beta or not. But I can bring it and you are welcome to try it out if you want. I'd like to try the small F1 transponders with it.

Also I'm not sure how you are setting up the loop under the track but I've been finding the wider the better. I have the Business card size and 1/2 business card size transponders and with them I get best results if I tape the loop to the bottom of the track in the widest rectangle you can make.
pottbellysrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.21, 11:50 AM   #39
imxlr8ed

The main reason we run just one transponder at our big events is for race management reasons only. It's just easier to have one transponder per driver when sorting heats and mains. Our F1 transponders work perfectly with our Core. If you plan to run them at the event, and have a separate transponder for each car entered... you might want to re-write each transponder to include the type of car included in the name. It'll make it easier to populate the heats then. (but like I said... one transponder per driver is the easiest way to avoid any issues.)

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.21, 09:43 PM   #40
ncrcracing

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfisminiz
2 questions............
1. Whats the food outlook for the race? I know you were debating on it or is there somthing real close by.
2. How does foam compare competitive wise to rubber. I only run rubber and would like to run that only. Never ran foam and hate to buy some for 1 event.

Thanks, sounds like a great event. You should have my registration any day now. Larry.
Larry,

1. We are still working on getting the food here at the race for free, but not confirmed. The fall back plan isn't bad either. Some places (Atlanta Bread Co, Calif Tortilla, a pizza place, a basic deli, Cheeseburger Cheeseburger) are walking distance away with all the rest like McDonalds, Wendys, ChikFilA etc less than 15 minutes out and back.

2. If you don't run foams already then I wouldn't buy them just for this event unless you want to take the opprotunity to experiment. Both are equally competitive when you stay off the walls and away from other cars!

Thanks,
NCRC
Old 2007.09.21, 09:49 PM   #41
ncrcracing

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar
Cool I was asking because I was thinking about ordering some of GQ's foams (since I run for them )

BUt I'm digging the rubber tires I've been running - I honestly hate running foams and wish ALL R/C would go to rubber tires on, well except MAYBE nitro TC and 8th on-road

What kind of rubber compounds seem to work best with your track?
I prefer rubber also but getting the GRP foams premounted and lasting forever is what I like for the MiniZ. But my 1/10th - rubber only. BTW does anyone know if The Track will be running rubber this winter or is Mimi sticking with foam?

As far as the rubber compounds that work best: The 10deg and 8deg seem most popular but they don't last long and given certain layouts may be a little slower. With the layout we have planned for the event I would suggest 10deg on the front and something a little harder in the rear depending upon your setup and driving style.

PLEASE REMEMBER. NO TRACTION COMPOUND. So take this into account when choosing tire types.
Old 2007.09.21, 09:52 PM   #42
arch2b

how do kyosho 20deg tires work? they seem to hook up well on my rcp.
any updates on the breakdown of preregistration numbers?
Old 2007.09.21, 09:53 PM   #43
ncrcracing

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottbellysrc
This may have been asked but will foams run in the stock class also?

I just printed the registration forma nd will be sending it in but I would like clarification on this. Also Did you get any F1 Entries yet I will be putting F1 in with my registration. I know KayBo has one and we'll probably come down together so there will be 2 of us.
Foams are legal for all classes.

Only one F1 entry as of yesterday afternoon, but I was out of the office today so more may have come in. Given the blogs we are planning on having the F1 race, but if only 5 show up race day then we will either refund the money or give you extra raffle tickets in exchange. Believe it or not, but I have not seen a MiniZ F1 race in person and would really like to have one at our event.
Old 2007.09.21, 09:55 PM   #44
arch2b

ah, nothing like the scream of f1's running around on the track once you see/participate in one you will be hooked
Old 2007.09.21, 09:56 PM   #45
ncrcracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxlr8ed
The main reason we run just one transponder at our big events is for race management reasons only. It's just easier to have one transponder per driver when sorting heats and mains. Our F1 transponders work perfectly with our Core. If you plan to run them at the event, and have a separate transponder for each car entered... you might want to re-write each transponder to include the type of car included in the name. It'll make it easier to populate the heats then. (but like I said... one transponder per driver is the easiest way to avoid any issues.)
The initial plan was to use a different transponder for each car so your tip on labeling with name and car is smart. We'll do that if that is the final route. Once we start setting the heats with pre-regs we may change to plan B (one transponder per driver).

Anyone using a smaller F1 transponder is welcome to bring it and we can test it out first thing to see if they work with our older system.