Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.04.16, 08:07 PM   #46
kenontap

Arch, these might work http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....cid=93544&fp=F
Old 2006.04.17, 09:53 AM   #47
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

MR02 Ball Diff

Hey Guys,

I recall some rumblings between CCSON and SoyVerde about Ball Diff's. I was wondering if anyone had a source for good cheap ball diffs or if there were any spares I could purchase. It looks like I will be setting up a new stock car soon.

Spoon
Old 2006.04.17, 10:36 AM   #48
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

I believe CCSON's diff was an iwaver diff. They are a near-identical knock-off of the kyosho diff, and I have had excellent luck with them. I'm sure they are nowhere near as smooth as a Kyosho (I have a hunch that upgraded balls/pressure plates might cure that), but they are solid, and very easy to tune. I got mine for $6-$7, but they are up to ~$10 now (though tower will bilk you for $24 if you wish). I was planning a toy east order, but it is going to have to wait, as I have just placed a pretty large order from the shop (my MA-010 is on the way ).

Disclaimer: I've been using these for months with no problems, but I'm sure if everyone buys one they will start disintegrating and I will feel as bad as I do about that damn charger...

Prior to picking up the iwaver diffs I found a noticeable improvement when I greased the stock gear diff. It adds just enough extra friction to give the car a bit more bite. If you want, I'll grease one I have laying around so you can see the difference (without filling that nice clean new one with sludge). The obvious downside is that you have to clean and re-grease them often, though I do that with my ball diffs anyway (when I have the time).
Old 2006.04.17, 10:54 AM   #49
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyverde
Disclaimer: I've been using these for months with no problems, but I'm sure if everyone buys one they will start disintegrating and I will feel as bad as I do about that damn charger...
That's funny.

Thanks for the response. I am placing an Atomic order and I am trying to decide if should just get the Atomic Diff. It may not be a big deal with a stock car. The stock diff (or greased diff) could be just fine. It's just soo hard to decide when you are placing an overseas order.

By the way...congrats on the AWD. I sense some drift races comming soon.
Old 2006.04.17, 12:48 PM   #50
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Aye, I picked up drift tires, and I spent a bit more (in shipping) to buy it here because I knew it would more than likely arrive this week. This hobby is a killer...I got an old friend hooked on it this weekend by bringing my mini-96 down to my mom's for Easter. If he can make it up my way, and I can make it up to the GTG on Saturday, I'll be bringing an extra racer (and a pretty darn good one for a first-timer).

As a side question: does anyone have a set of channel 3 (27.095) xtals (or even just a ch. 3 receiver xtal) laying around they'd care to part with?
Old 2006.04.17, 07:49 PM   #51
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
congrats on the awd what body are you going to run on it? the yellow 360gtc?
Old 2006.04.17, 09:13 PM   #52
ccson

Ball diff and other topics

What's up, DC GTG?

Spoon, I have an extra Ball Differential from 3 Racing I am not using.
The weight was a little too much for my RML chassis but it balances the MM chassis fine.

If anyone has an extra motor pod clip for a RM chassis (or MR-01), I could use an extra. Otherwise, I will order an extra RM motor pod after the next GTG.

I am also considering a Mini-Z Monster or an AWD.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this choice.

Still experimenting with the HFAY and DC chassis.
Let's see what happens on Sat.
Old 2006.04.17, 09:55 PM   #53
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
congrats on the awd what body are you going to run on it? the yellow 360gtc?
That is a possibility, though I initially plan on using a WRC subaru body I had laying around (it was used when I picked it up, so I don't mind beating on it). The 360GTC is on my RM chassis at the moment. I did pick up a set of the Radio Shack PC board terminals that function as a xtal lay-down adapter if anyone needs one (they come 4 in a pack).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccson
If anyone has an extra motor pod clip for a RM chassis (or MR-01), I could use an extra. Otherwise, I will order an extra RM motor pod after the next GTG.
I have a firelap RM motor pod clip laying around, the tolerances might not be great, but it should do if you need one on Saturday. I may never get that firelap running in what I consider a race-worthy state, but it's been a great source of cheap spare parts. The motor clip on my RM has some stress fractures that I have glued as a temporary fix...I wonder if someone makes an alloy clip for the stock pod? I don't want an aluminum motor pod for an RM (too much weight back there), but this clip seems more prone to breaking than its stock MM counterpart.

Last edited by soyverde; 2006.04.17 at 09:57 PM.
Old 2006.04.17, 10:06 PM   #54
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccson
What's up, DC GTG?

Spoon, I have an extra Ball Differential from 3 Racing I am not using.
The weight was a little too much for my RML chassis but it balances the MM chassis fine.

I am also considering a Mini-Z Monster or an AWD.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this choice.

Still experimenting with the HFAY and DC chassis.
Let's see what happens on Sat.
Thanks for the offer on the 3racing diff. I actually decided to buy an atomic diff. I placed a pretty big atomic order earlier today. I have AWD diffs coming, the ti swingshafts an AWD BB motor, some rims and tires. Probably won't be here for a while though.

As far as choice between AWD and monster, I suggest AWD. You are welcome to drive mine (grip and drift mode) before you decide. I think if we can get some drift races going that would be awesome.
Old 2006.04.17, 10:33 PM   #55
ccson

Motor Clip Issues

You are preachin' to the choir, Soy. I have the same observations about the RM motor clip.

Arch also suggested that an alloy clip from the MR-01 chassis might work but I have yet to find one. Until then, I will have to settle for ordering spare motor pod sets!
Old 2006.04.18, 05:17 AM   #56
arch2b

i am willing to bet gpm makes the alloy motor clip. they have one for the mm so it only makes sense they would have one for rm. it's just a matter of find such a thing as motor clips are not likely to be big sellers thus stocked in many places. also check 3racing, topcad, etc.
Old 2006.04.18, 08:51 AM   #57
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

I wonder if this would work? There are heatsink clips for the MR-01 at RC mart as well...I'll have to try an 01 clip on the RM and see how it fits. Unfortunately I don't see any simple alloy clips (without the heatsink-style fins).
Old 2006.04.18, 01:23 PM   #58
techno
Hopeless Z addict

I have used the ones with the alloy fins and they are pretty light the thing I don’t like is getting the spacing right for gear mesh they don’t have holes to fit the standard mini-z spacers you will have to customize your spacers to get them to work well the alloy fins don’t protrude too much to hamper the bodies I have tried they will work with 02 RM pods
Old 2006.04.18, 06:53 PM   #59
arch2b

i think this is what your looking for... http://www.3racing.com.hk/x_descript...oducts_key=560

Product ID KM-020
Product Name Motor Heat Sink
Suitable For Kyosho Mini-Z MR-01,

i believe it should work for the mr-02 rm as the rm pods are essentially the same but not exactly
Old 2006.04.19, 09:56 AM   #60
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Lap Timer

ChuckyLuv

I got your lap timer pretty much done. I'll have it on Saturday. Just some finishing touches at this point.

How is PeterPan doing with that new controller?

-Spoon

Last edited by Spoon; 2006.04.19 at 10:02 AM.
Closed Thread