Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2002.07.19, 11:04 AM   #16
Mondo
Mini-Zedologist - Fear me

Metric

1 mph = 1.61 km/h

The French invented the Metric system and it rules!

This whole miles/pounds/gallons thing sucks in my opinion.
The new "Eurocentric" Metric system is confusing the bejeezuz out of the older generation British polulation.
The only thing they seem to have grasped is the fact that petrol is sold in Litres.
Everything else goes right over thier heads.

Admit it, 320 km/h sounds a damned sight more impressive than 200mph

The UberMod is back in town...
Mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.19, 11:12 AM   #17
butler
Mini-Z Chief

Send a message via MSN to butler
The only reason people have grasped litres is because the petrol prices keep going up by the litre.

We should go proper metric.

"I'll have a litre of your finest, please bar steward"

Haynes Manual: Lightly...
Reality: Start off lightly and build up till the veins on your forehead are throbbing then re-check the manual because this can not be 'lightly' what you are doing now.
butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.19, 07:14 PM   #18
Accord
Mini-Z Novice

Send a message via ICQ to Accord Send a message via AIM to Accord
hey guys, i just thought of something... i am using normal duracell batteries that you can get in a supermarket or something... if i buy rechargable NIMH batteries, will my speed increase? if so by how much?
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.19, 07:44 PM   #19
The Thunderer

Those Alkalines are just plain the wrong batteries to use. NiCads will add more initial PUNCH and then plateau at a slightly lower level. NIMH's will not have that initial punch that NiCads have, but will have a higher level of plateau. Both NiCads and NiMH's seem to "suddenly run out" towards the end of their charge's.

The alkalines you use will start okay at first, but will quickly run down... losing power the whole time.

Personally, I run my cars on NiMH's. LOVE THEM!!!

-----
"Where there is lightning, there is The Thunderer."
The Thunderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.20, 12:08 AM   #20
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Ditch the alks... you will be back to expected speeds... Alks are obsolete, old technology
Old 2002.07.22, 02:44 PM   #21
ekek
Mini-Z Pro

Heres a dumb question is it a palm runner?
And maybe u just got some really disfunctional motor.it could happen rite........
Are u pushing the throttle down all the way

ooohhh oooooo i know maybe its ur speed checker. OOOHHH now thats thinking am i smart or what
Old 2002.07.25, 12:12 PM   #22
NOMOTORLIMIT
nomotorlimit@hotmail.com

Have you tried replacing your batteries? The power you'll gain with a nicad is around 35% compared to the alkalines. Also, use a Turbonium. 7 - 9 tooth to start. Charge the batts at 1 - 2 amps if you have proper charger. If it's a GPM/Megatech motor, might wanna install turbonium to protect esc from getting fried.
Old 2002.07.25, 11:58 PM   #23
mini Z modifier

i have a mini Z dodge viper. is it a palm runner cause on the back of the box it shows palm runners and my car came in the same case as the palm runners do but instead of saying auto scale collection it sayed mini Z racer. and on the sides of the box it says mini Z racer and the front of the box. IM CONFUSED HERE. is my hot viper a palm runner. or is it the nice,fast, and hot mini Z racers???
Old 2002.07.26, 12:00 AM   #24
mini Z modifier

by the way. i orderd an xspeed motor and a twin turbo. ive heard thaT YOU GUYS SELL THIS SO CALLED BALL BEARING CUSTOM MOTOR. can you tell me how ta get one
Old 2002.07.26, 03:25 AM   #25
The Thunderer

You can tell if its a Palm Runner if it comes with a "kiddie" looking controller (blue/silver with no adjustments). You can also tell by the way the thing drives... not proportional and stock... SUPER slow.

The Custom motors from Mini-Z are sold in the shop every once in a while. They're also working on another "upgraded" version motor as well. Check the shop and check it often.

-----
"Where there is lightning, there is The Thunderer."
The Thunderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.26, 08:14 AM   #26
mini Z modifier

my dodge viper is fast. at least until the batteries get low on me. other wise if you look at the car from a persons view if you were a i/28 scale person. my dodge viper would then be considered a top fueld dragster. just wait till i get the xspeed and the twin turbo in the mail. it gonna be lik six times faster than before!!!
Old 2002.07.26, 08:19 AM   #27
mini Z modifier

hey guy that is wanting to know which battery gives more power. which iv been readin. go get coppertop batteries. the batteries last longer. about two hours. it took me like 3 days of driving the car for like 45 minutes a day
Old 2002.07.26, 08:43 AM   #28
Wedginator

Send a message via ICQ to Wedginator Send a message via MSN to Wedginator
i think u did get a palm runner..... there's no way a mini-z racer can have that long of a runtime..... and if u think palm runners are fast.... hehe..... then the mini-z racer is about 7-8 times faster.....

oh, and if you're still unsure whether it's a palm runner or not, here's how to check.... use the car's antenna and touch it with the battery contacts.... if u see smoke or hear sizzling, then it's a mini-z racer.... if not, then it's a palm runner.... (don't do it.... i'm only kidding..... if u do it and fry your electronics, don't blame me cuz i just told u not to do it.... )

Last edited by Wedginator; 2002.07.26 at 08:45 AM.
Wedginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002.07.26, 08:47 AM   #29
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Where in the world are you reading to get copper top batteries? -- well if you can afford that, and like to fill in land fills with alkalines go for it. 1000 copper top hours will cost 1000$

1000 nimh hours will cost about 16$
Old 2002.07.26, 09:14 AM   #30
tindra01
Offroader

NiCad´s shouldn´t be recommended to anyone. They are considered to be hazardous waste here in Sweden. By NiMH instead!
tindra01 is offline   Reply With Quote