Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2010.01.21, 11:50 AM   #16
KO PROPO Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_18x View Post
so that means those other tx eg. m11 or 3pk wont be able to use the rf 902sm as well? cause the previous modules work on those tx with the usage of the pn converter
The 902SM will only work with the EX-10 eurus because it uses our DDS (direct digital system). We only test our modules with our Tx.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.21, 03:09 PM   #17
MINI-D
Registered User..Of What?

KO PROPO Staff,
would you tell us about the potential of the NEW HELIOS EX-10 EURUS as it applies to the 2.4 Ghz MINI-Z in contrast to the
previous system ?

Thank You for your Time and Help.

D

Last edited by MINI-D; 2010.01.21 at 04:17 PM.
MINI-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.21, 08:27 PM   #18
PridgeoK

Quote:
5. Quick ST & TH in the EX-1 UR cannot be used.
Hi there,

Is the Quick ST and TH settings for the EX-1 UR displayed as the "S:QuickR" and "T:QuickR"?

Thanks,

Kevin.
PridgeoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.22, 10:47 AM   #19
KO PROPO Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI-D View Post
KO PROPO Staff,
would you tell us about the potential of the NEW HELIOS EX-10 EURUS as it applies to the 2.4 Ghz MINI-Z in contrast to the
previous system ?

Thank You for your Time and Help.

D
The Eurus when used with the new 902SM module is a digital system. Meaning that the response is a little faster and the linear feeling of the system will make you feel more connected to the car. If you purchase the set with the setting module, it will allow you to plug in the Mini-Z setting card and program your Mini-Z or dNano through the transmitter.

You can still use your 901SM, AM or AD modules with this transmitter. The eurus will recognize that the module that you inserted is not a digital module and will automatically slow the response from DD to PP so that you can use those modules.

The trigger/brake lever gives better comfort by allowing you to conform the brake lever to your finger for added comfort. The steering has an all new rocker system for smoother action and better feeling.

The menu system is also new. Now when you want to go to the function menu, you have four main catagories: Model, Steering, Throttle and Options. This will allow you to navigate to the function that you want to use quicker.

First shipment should be arriving by Wednesday. If you have any other questions, let me know.
Old 2010.01.22, 10:51 AM   #20
KO PROPO Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridgeoK View Post
Hi there,

Is the Quick ST and TH settings for the EX-1 UR displayed as the "S:QuickR" and "T:QuickR"?

Thanks,

Kevin.
Yes it is.
Old 2010.01.23, 06:29 PM   #21
MINI-D
Registered User..Of What?

KO PROPO Staff

THANK YOU!

D
MINI-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.07, 10:32 AM   #22
Kevin S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
It has been brought to my attention that when using the 2.4GHz module you must have the following settings in your Tx.

1. Steering Travel Max 70
2. Steering Balance Max 70%
3. Throttle High Point Max 60
4. Throttle Brake Max 60

Setting your Tx above the max settings may cause the vehicle to operate incorrectly.

For example, recently we have ad a few customers say their car will not go into reverse. If the throttle settings are not set to the above settings, yes it will not go into reverse because the max endpoint settings for the ESC will get goofed-up. Some modules may get away with it, but most will not operate correctly.

Please check your settings. I have found that with the above settings, the cars do respond better.
I am currently using the EX-10 Helios and I was just wondering if the same settings above apply to the dNANO as well?
Dream Killr Racing
Supporter of White Knuckle Racing

Last edited by Kevin S.; 2010.04.07 at 10:39 AM.
Kevin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.09, 12:16 PM   #23
KO PROPO Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S. View Post
I am currently using the EX-10 Helios and I was just wondering if the same settings above apply to the dNANO as well?
It should apply to the dNano as well.
Old 2010.04.19, 11:18 PM   #24
kyoshosan

Quote:
It has been brought to my attention that when using the 2.4GHz module you must have the following settings in your Tx.

4. Throttle Brake Max 60

Setting your Tx above the max settings may cause the vehicle to operate incorrectly.

For example, recently we have ad a few customers say their car will not go into reverse. If the throttle settings are not set to the above settings, yes it will not go into reverse because the max endpoint settings for the ESC will get goofed-up. Some modules may get away with it, but most will not operate correctly.

Please check your settings. I have found that with the above settings, the cars do respond better.
Does these settings apply to the Kyosho/Ko EX-5UR ASF ?

Thanks in advance,
kyoshosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.04.20, 01:07 PM   #25
KO PROPO Staff

I wouldn't know, sorry. I would assume that you wouldn't have to since the product is made specifically for the mini-Z.
Old 2010.04.20, 04:17 PM   #26
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I think that the default for the EX-5 was 70 steering... I didnt check it out for long, so I assume that it is the same as the other KO radios... I just turned it on and checked the menu and functions.
Old 2010.04.20, 07:23 PM   #27
Treadmule
Tire Crew

The EX-5UR Instruction Manual shows the initial settings for each menu item and some of them differ from those suggested by staff. For example, Steering Travel initial setting is 100, though Steering Balance is 70. I think I'd go by the book & tweak from there.

FWIW, just a satisfied user tossing it out there...
Old 2010.07.28, 11:56 AM   #28
Kevin S.

Quote:

4. Throttle Brake Max 60

I know this may be a bit off topic, but I was wondering if these setting apply to other scales besides Mini-Z's? I am using these setting with my Mini-Z's and I have not had one problem . I am going to be using my Helios to race 1/10 scale Short Course as well. I just purchased the KO RF901-S Module and the KR210S receiver and I wanted to know if I should use the same setting as above and just tweak them? Thank you for all of your assistance KO Propo.
Dream Killr Racing
Supporter of White Knuckle Racing
Kevin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.08.02, 07:12 PM   #29
KO PROPO Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S. View Post
I know this may be a bit off topic, but I was wondering if these setting apply to other scales besides Mini-Z's? I am using these setting with my Mini-Z's and I have not had one problem . I am going to be using my Helios to race 1/10 scale Short Course as well. I just purchased the KO RF901-S Module and the KR210S receiver and I wanted to know if I should use the same setting as above and just tweak them? Thank you for all of your assistance KO Propo.
Steering settings will differ due to the servo end points. The ESC settings will also differ depending on what the manufacture calls for in the initial setting of the Tx to the ESC.
Old 2011.10.29, 01:43 PM   #30
dirttrackdemon9

Does someone have a good baseline that they use on the EX-5 radio, as far as settings?
dirttrackdemon9 is offline   Reply With Quote