Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.03.01, 11:56 PM   #1
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

Frog American Racing Team, CMH

After an agonizing couple of months trying to race XMODS, I finally gave in and dropped loot for an 01. Second race in the series my son got his, a thrashed veteran for 35$! Thanks J! Boy do I feel stupid.

We had several really good races, with mediocre results, I have two fourth place finishes. He has one fourth. The boy shows real talent, if he can just settle in. I have the same problem, but my race is only for mid pack, the 01 just isn't as stable as the 02. And therefore, slower (in a stock configuration). Mid series I will be upgrading to the 02, and give'm what-for.

We were talking about having an Open class, where the cars are stupid fast, with LiPoly's or Lithium Ion. Sounds sorta dangerous, but fun.

It's tough to wait the week in between races. But we always have a blast racing.

Macs Tom Thumb Mini Z Speedway is awesome. I can't say enough good things about Macs Tom Thumb. If your in the Columbus Ohio area, and looking for a place to race, Macs is it! 5$ per class. Pits with electric, parts on hand (of course!), and year round racing, every other Weds night at 6pm. The 9th and the 23rd this month (March) '05. With open practice on Tues prior to the race, 6pm-close.

Come race with us!

Fart (Frog American Racing Team)
Westerville, Ohio

MACS TOM THUMB FAMILY HOBBIES
460 N WILSON RD, COLUMBUS, OH 43204
Phone: (614) 274-5150
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frogteampic1.jpg (102.7 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by docsavage; 2005.03.02 at 12:14 AM. Reason: corect mispelling
docsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.06, 02:58 AM   #2
will3kgt

I think I'll make a trip there this summer. I meant to last summer but I was busy with golf tournaments. They race outside during the summer am I correct?
I think SonicFury & I can make an appearence form MI.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.07, 11:36 AM   #3
Dustin
Steroids are Legal in R/C

Sory no

Tom Thumb Hohhies always races indors in a hobby store on RCP. It would be great to seem to new faces.

Dustin Richards
CEO
Ripped Racing Products
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.16, 06:32 PM   #4
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

Dustin

I wondered when you would pop up on this here thread.

Dustin would know.

We used to race 12th/10th scale in the lot there years and years ago.......the miniz speedway has all the R/C racing wrapped up at Macs these days, that's a good thing. One race Stocker bodies, it sprinkled during our main, what a blast!

Last edited by docsavage; 2005.03.16 at 07:00 PM.
Old 2005.03.16, 06:42 PM   #5
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

02 and open ride.....

Well the old man dropped for an 02MM, tired of getting smoked by these other dudes.

Just a world of difference in the two cars.

A little dremel action on the rear wheel wells, and the Cerumo Supra body fits real nice. Looks awesome with the diablo rims too.

The Diablo body will get a UOP Shadow sticker scheme, 101, Universal Oil Products. A 70's Can-Am team powered by Ford, and funded by an ex-CIA spook. Nice right. Awesome cars awesome drivers.....those were the days.

Endurance race in two weeks at MACS is the word. 2 hour enduro.....phew. Longest (RC) race I was ever in was 12th scale, mini INDY 500....I think we ran like 45 minutes or something. Grueling in the June heat. Third place.....the dude who won was prolly cheatin. His car was sick fast. Damn BoLink.

The 01 chassis is open if someone wants to join in the fun, buy the thing, or just run it (with team orders of course). Anyone in CMH wanting to check out the miniZ race thing, gimme a shout, we'll make a deal of some sort.

Looking really forward to the race next week.

SHADOW PIC attached

Anyone interested in Mid-Ohio, USRRC or INDYCAR, RunOffs, or vintage Can Am pics, or video hit me up! Got tons....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uop101.jpg (51.2 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by docsavage; 2005.03.16 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 2005.03.23, 10:48 PM   #6
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

March 23rd race MACS TOM THUMB HOBBIES MINIZ SPEEDWAY.

Man what a race. Thanks to all the other stock racers, I think we have all finally figured out how to run together. Some really great racing. Yours truly TQ'd, by only 6 100ths! Props to Dustin, Ed, and Chris. You guys all ran great. Won the first heat, came in second in the 2nd heat. The main was pretty awesome, I got the hole shot, led a few laps here and there, but it was mostly the Dustin show. Gonna really have to improve my consistency to beat these guys!

Justin had a good night too, made the A Main, came in last, but it was a tough race. Making the A was good enough! He's improving. Busted his daggone H plate in the main though, but he did finish. Unreal.

All the racing was really compettitive, as usual. Someone else can write up the races that don't involve Frog American Racing.

There is some hope of bringing a championship to the FART stable in this series. Gonna take alot of luck, and consistency. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.
Old 2005.03.24, 09:43 PM   #7
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

Tom Thumb Hobbies points structure?

Anyone got the points structure? Mike said he was gonna send the rules, I never got them. Anybody?
Old 2005.03.27, 12:45 AM   #8
will3kgt

Are there any pictures from you r races?
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.03.29, 12:33 PM   #9
Dustin
Steroids are Legal in R/C

Pics

I will try to post pics. Although there are no promises. I race 3 classes and am trying to dial in my overland on top of that. So needless to say i am a little busy but i agree pics are cool and i will try to post some.

On another note how do you put the pics directly in the thread insted of inserting atchments. Does any one know. Thanks later

For the best AAA racing batteries, contact me.

Dustin Richards
CEO
Ripped Racing Products
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.02, 07:34 PM   #10
saiyan
BooYa!!

Hello. Do you still have the 01 for sale? what would you want for it? Be willing to ship it?
I would be interested in seeing some pics of this track. I'm thinkin about takin the family on a road trip to see my family who all live up and down the east coast, and i'm compiling a list of tracks that may be along the way to stop in and run some practice laps or something.
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.07, 05:10 PM   #11
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

01 is going mod......disregard the for sale.

I'm keeping the 01, gonna upgrade it for mod class racing.

Our track is RCP, you can find them online. We run 14X10, to me it's large. And taking pictures of these little cars is tough. Too small, too fast.

4/6 race was just completely FUBAR, I had to use the narrow 01 rims on the rear, somehow I bent the 02 rims. And it was just for crap all night. The car was fast but just unstable enough to make me look like an amatuer, oh wait we are amatuers!

Good job Brian! Dustin I appreciate your track manners immensely, wish I could say the same of the rest.

Feeling rather snakebit. Can't afford any more nights like that one. Or the series is shot..

Last edited by docsavage; 2005.04.07 at 05:29 PM.
Old 2005.04.08, 12:01 PM   #12
saiyan
BooYa!!

Maybe the next race will go better for ya. There have been days when i'm racin my Pro2 and it seems like it's all i can do to finish a whole lap let alone a heat or main.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.04.11, 05:47 PM   #13
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

Frog American racing cutbacks.

Due to increasing economic pressures, I have accepted a travelling position. I'm sure any of you who pay bills realize that nothing is getting cheaper. So, I'll be on the road half of this year. I just don't have any other choices. Serve it up for Bagdhad.

My apologies to Dustin, and Jason. But, go ahead and build your cars, I'll be back now and then to race, just not for points.

Not sure about Justin, hopefully someone will take my place and get him there so he can keep racing.

So Long for now. When there's anything new I'll post.

On the other hand, I'll be racing around the country, hopefully!
Old 2005.05.04, 09:59 PM   #14
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

May 4th,2005 race.

It was a really nice day here in CMH, and the turnout was slim.

But I think most of us had fun. I did, even though I couldn't get the car sorted.
Dustin again, I have to say thank you for the clean racin' (mostly) the jump in the track was in the worst place possible, end of the front straight. Mod class was like watching Evel Knievel jumping the Colorado River. It was sort of sad. Didn't help me out in stock either. Wickedfast down the straights, nothing in the corners.

I did better in stock with my kids 01, which is box stock. The car was just unruly with the new front tires. I've never had new ones on this car, and it was just hell.

Anyone got any hints for tuning the 02 ball diff. I think it's a Kyosho diff. No matter how I set it, tight, or loose, or anything in between, it wants to drift one way or the other down the straights.

Back for now!

FART
Old 2005.05.05, 08:53 AM   #15
docsavage
Team Owner F.A.R.T.

Flames for P/N?

Frog A M E R I C A N Racing

Dustin apparently had some problems with the PN race in NY. He smoked 'em, and they changed the rules on him, MID EVENT, and disqualified him. I'm a big stickler for rules (usually), enforcing exsisting rules is VITAL to the hobby. Changing rules during a compettition is something not even the SCCA would do! It's really childish, and stupid. Even worse they drove all the way to NYC, just to get crapped on by the guys from PN.

If that's how it's gonna be with them, I'm not sure I wanna race in a PN event.

Bottom line is Dustin was whipping thier azzes, so they changed the rules in a direction they knew would disqualify him. And didn't bother telling him until the racing was done, and he had won.

NO RACING ORG in the world would be so low. NONE. This is what happens when a shop, and munufacturer establish, run, and administer a series. I'm glad to say that Mike (Mac Tom Thumb Hobbies) runs a class act, shows no partiality to anyone, and sponsors no drivers. He just runs the race, and gives up his limited free time to host some fun as he11 racing.

We should appeal to ROAR and get a miniz class, then PN can SPONSOR some racing, and leave the machinations of the racing to impartial officials. I mean wow what a sweet deal for PN, the host shop PAYS for the race (upwards of 500$), PN officiates, the local shop has to clean up, provide the track pay for the electricity, all PN has to do is get there. And on top of all that, when a talented racer shows up, and beats on them, they change up a rule, and bingo the PN racers win. WIN WIN WIN for PN.

I have a measure of respect for Dustins driving, obviously his tech skills are at LEAST the match of his driving ability. And every lap I can stay ahead of Dustin I consider myself lucky. But he always gets around.

Dustin, feel free to rip them apart in this thread.