Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Washington DC Area GTG, MD/VA/DC

Old 2007.12.30, 01:44 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
January 06, 2008 F1 & Open Races (5 min. Quals, 8 minute mains)

This will be on Sunday @ Hobby Works
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.30, 01:59 PM   #2
arch2b

i thought it best to start us off on club racing as we still haev not resolved the hfay move to saturdays with courtney.

i know spoon did some cleaning over the break, per his blog anyone else been doing some work?
Old 2007.12.31, 08:14 AM   #3
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

I definitely will not be making it down there for this one (celebrating my daughter's birthday with family that day). We'll see about the 20th (or hopefully the 19th).
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 12:02 PM   #4
arch2b

how old will she be?
Old 2007.12.31, 06:57 PM   #5
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Sorry to see that Soyverde can't make it, I should be able to make this event.. Maybe we can setup a larger track layout than usual for this one..
TALLGEESE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.31, 09:28 PM   #6
arch2b

i'm up for that provided we can get adequate power.

did courtney ever get the shelving caster problem fixed? we could haev squeezed another 4-6ft out of that space had they worked as intended last time.
Old 2007.12.31, 09:41 PM   #7
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Not sure about the power or the casters but I am all for a larger layout, especially since we are running open cars.

I think we should run this like other events...

Open Qual
F1 Qual
Open Qual
F1 Qual

Open Main
F1 Main

Keeps it interesting...I think.

I just installed the power cap on my F1, I hope it helps!
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.01, 02:02 PM   #8
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b

did courtney ever get the shelving caster problem fixed? we could haev squeezed another 4-6ft out of that space had they worked as intended last time.
I actually asked Courtney about that the last time I was in Hobbyworks.. He never really told me what he did to fix the caster's, he just said he fixed the problem.. I hope the shelves are easier to move the next time we race there, I guess we'll find out this Sunday..

Spoon, good luck with the F1, I hope that the power cap fixes the shut-down issue you were experiencing.. By the way I finally got a chance to try out the new 8969??FET's you installed on my older 3004 FET car and they work great! Very smooth/linear power delivery and good punch when you need it..

Is anybody interested in setting up the track outside the store for non-HFAY events like this on Saturdays?? The reason I'm asking is because that it seems that Saturdays are better for more people to race.. The store is also open for 4 more hours on Saturdays than Sundays. Allowing us more time to run and not having to rush through the racing.. Another good reason is that there's more room to run on outside the store.. I've already talked to Courtney and he says we should be able to do this.. The only drawback to running outside the store is that we would just have to bring our'e own tables and possibly chairs to use for a pit area.. What do you guys think??
Old 2008.01.01, 02:47 PM   #9
arch2b

like the idea but no/little chance of people bringing tables and chairs. it's enough to bring our boxes with all our stuff let alone having to drag a table along. i've been traveling with alot of stuff and i can say, i don't want to do that again/anymore unless absolutely needed. this is whay i gave courtney a computer to use, so i did not have to bring one along all the time, same with the track... it just adds to the frustration and more time i had to devote to repacking the truck vs. getting a chance to hang out.

i thought courtney was going to get more tables/chairs? it may be just me but i was expecting a bit more cooperation in terms of being taken care of. so far it seems like were on track to being exactly where we started with hobby works, outside the store and now sans tables and chairs.
Old 2008.01.01, 03:47 PM   #10
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I can adjust to whichever day we decide on. I don't know about dragging a table along. I *might* be able to borrow 1 or 2 small (1 person) folding tables from the LHS but I am not sure. It's a possibility but not ideal. I agree with Arch, it would be nice if they could provide basic pit space.

I guess it's a little different since we are running the races and they are letting us use the space.

Wasn't there some discussion of Hobbyworks charging a fee for us to be there? If that does end up being the case I think we are 100% justified in expecting tables.
Old 2008.01.01, 05:37 PM   #11
arch2b

the way is was talked about between courtney and myself is that in return for them providing space, we would manage the racing for the store. just as the pokemon stuff, hobby works provides them with tables and chairs and this is the arrangment i base my comments on. in this case, we are not only managing the racing for hobby works/our club, we are providing almost everything other than the physical floor space and limited power. this is not the level of cooperation i had anticipated.
please do not read into this that i am unhappy with courtney in any way.
it's just that since the very begining we had always been working with saturday dates and being bumped to sunday for pokemon tournament kind of stings a little, no discredit to the pokemon guy or the money it may generate. sundays will do if necessary but are just inconvienent. does pokemon run every saturday? if not, why can we not take the alternate saturdays?
courntey did mention a fee for racing however if we are outside the store without the basic accomodations, i would not be happy about paying them. i had assumed he had not started collecting the fee's due to it being mid season and would start in jan.

have to draw a line somewhere and bringing my own table and chair is it for me. i'll work out of my box before i lug around more stuff again. having donated/given what i have, i do not feel i should have to lug a table/chair around. i feel the same for the rest of you guys as well as you guys are just as vital to our events as anyone else. i personally don't feel like you guys should have to lug that stuff around as well.

as is, i have to collect and bring home all my track i left there last time.

please let me know what you guys want to do (sat/sun) as i have to plan my weekends given i have 2 kids to fit into the equation.
Old 2008.01.03, 07:27 PM   #12
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

Roll Call & FET Updates

Hey Guys,

Who's coming out this weekend? I've got my Mod car all cleaned up and converted it to 94mm Mid mount. It should fly if I can get it dialed. My F1 I am not so sure about. I installed the power cap but I won't get a chance to drive it until Sunday. I haven't raced in a few weeks so I expect to be a little rusty.

FET Updates

CCSON - I have tamed the beast that you gave me. It's now ready for HFAY racing.

VAzRacer - 3010's ===> 9934's double stack

TallGeese - I have enough FETs to do a single stack of 4562's on that new board you gave me. I don't have enough for a double. I am planning on ordering some more FETs but I can't get the 4562's here. I think I am going to try to get some 9934's or some of the 8xxx's. If you want to wait until I get more that's fine otherwise I can do a single stack of 3010's or 4562's.
Old 2008.01.03, 07:41 PM   #13
arch2b

i'll be racing
Old 2008.01.03, 08:16 PM   #14
TALLGEESE
Dreamcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
Hey Guys,

Who's coming out this weekend?

TallGeese - I have enough FETs to do a single stack of 4562's on that new board you gave me. I don't have enough for a double. I am planning on ordering some more FETs but I can't get the 4562's here. I think I am going to try to get some 9934's or some of the 8xxx's. If you want to wait until I get more that's fine otherwise I can do a single stack of 3010's or 4562's.
I should be able to make the racing this weekend.. Has anybody talked to Courtney about running this Sunday?? Spoon, I'll wait for the 4562's, I don't mind waiting a little longer for a double-stack of those on that newer board I gave you.. Spoon, do you remember what FET's you used to do that single-stack you just finished for me recently?? I'm pretty sure they're 8969's, I just wanted to know for sure what they were..
Old 2008.01.03, 08:49 PM   #15
arch2b

i have not nor would i have the chance busy from 9am till 6pm and don't get home till 8pm