Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2005.09.17, 08:25 PM   #16
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
oh, i'll try to have all the results posted tomorrow
Old 2005.09.17, 09:00 PM   #17
chuckyluv

Send a message via Yahoo to chuckyluv
missed you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
another great gtg in the history books

i have to thank kenontap and soyverde for taking the chance as dcgtg newbies to come out and race with us.
soy, don't sweat being so new to the mini-z's. you were doing great on the track. giving me a good run anyway. we were both well behind keno and ccson.

keno, thanks for sharing all the cool things you brought. i'll definately be chatting more about the dtm's with you. with you having a large track and core as well, it opens alot of possibilites for larger gtg's and changing tracks.

ccson, as usual, you show up and clean house on the track. sorry we didn't get a chance to look at the other mr-02 steering...

sorry to hear chucky could not make it, again. don't sweat it. a man's work must come first. we'll catch up again.

next gtg in 2 weeks! i should have my crt back from mini-z by then... sorry i forgot about the gtg when i mailed it out to get worked on.

i can't ell you how nice it was to have mroe people come out to race, chat, etc. i hope this will be the begining of a growing metro dc area gtg club.
my apologizes and wish i was there..today was a 2 car knockout on the sales front and that can buy a ton of parts for the hobby if i can sell that many on any day. i feel better knowing the dc gtg's are larger even if i miss one but reading a good follow up from arch2b..hats off to you all and stay in touch!!
Old 2005.09.17, 09:36 PM   #18
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
chucky, man... you missed some good talk as well. turns out keno is an awsome parts modifier/maker and has some custom ideas and stuff that will be a huge help with modifying the crt into something great!

a run down of the members and their cars...

keno has an awsome running gulf mclaren. there must be something about mclarens as they tend to run more quiet than other cars his was rather quiet and runnign smoot. it didn't take him long to wipe us out of the standings, first race with us actually. his cr5 was a very interesting setup as well. it's rare you find someone runnign foams on a mni-z, and doing it well. id' get into the custom stuff he had but that is for another topic altogether. his breifcase charging station was somethign to see as well. turns out he may know chucky from old rc days in laurel, md?

soyv had a sweet custom painted enzo. i hope it still has some paint left... turns out he's a track newbie but he was doing much better than i ever was at his level of experience. his collection was limited to the enzo and monster i believe but i'm sure that will change. it's tuff though when you have young kids... and it was nice to see more members with kids like myself. i know soyv took a beating from my son and his enzo...i'm sure nearly everyone took a beating from him, sorry for that....

ccson, he knows how to bring the heat to the track. for the rest of the night it was basically him and keno battling it out for 1'st and 2nd in the races. i was hoping to help with his other 02 steering problems but we never got to that. ccson also has a very well setup f1 and very quick off the line harrier which makes for some fun racing in classes other than just racers. i think we might be seeing some new stuff from ccson next time....

my son, well, he's 5 so that explains alot of it.... he's averaging in the mid 20's for laps in a 5 min. race which is a steady improvement. the real trick is keeping his attention focused on the cars and not the tv or something else. he's also taking more care to his surroundings regarding trying to watch out for others. he still has a bad habbit of reversing into oncoming traffic though..... it's priceless to get to enjoy a hobby with my son though. i've already got my 15month boy playing with a transmitter so he should feel right at home when he moves up to playing with a car. that won't be for a couple years though.

i'll try to get the few pictures i took and edit the video clips sunday as well
Old 2005.09.18, 12:27 AM   #19
kenontap

thanks Arch for a great time. It was a blast to race my little cars with other people. I still can't believe how much fun this scale is to race, and im looking forward to the next gtg.
Old 2005.09.18, 10:24 AM   #20
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Thanks Arch, it is definitely much more fun on a proper track with several racers. Hopefully I can make this a regular thing...it was certainly worth the trip.
Old 2005.09.19, 09:00 AM   #21
ccson

Sept 17th GTG

Arch,

As always, it was a pleasure. The races were action-packed, even without the dog hazard.

The new DC GTG members seem to be cool guys.
And the host is always great.

I am really considering the Iwaver after seeing one in action.

I look forward to the next time.
Old 2005.09.19, 01:56 PM   #22
byebye

Infamous Darth frothing at the bit. I remember one GTG where Darth had completely soaked the front straight. Man I wish I was back in VA.
I look forward to the video.

-Byebye
Old 2005.09.19, 05:22 PM   #23
imxlr8ed

Glad to hear that the DCGTG is growing !
More drivers for the Nov. 5th & 6th GTG ?
We sure got the room now !!!

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
Closed Thread