Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2009.11.11, 12:24 PM   #61
Tjay

^ that body would be perfect for awd mod racing. Low with round front bumper... Yes, I'd also like to know where can we get this front lip.
Tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.11, 12:54 PM   #62
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ My dad made a front lip for his GT out of 2mm styrene. It was pretty easy, made the car look BA, and eliminates the tires from being able to grab the RCP wall.......

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.11, 01:10 PM   #63
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
^ My dad made a front lip for his GT out of 2mm styrene. It was pretty easy, made the car look BA, and eliminates the tires from being able to grab the RCP wall.......
You have a tutorial? Like where to get it, what other material is needed and how to use it.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.11, 01:24 PM   #64
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Ive made many of front air dams for various cars. I think I could pull something together for you pretty quickly.....

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.11, 01:56 PM   #65
Gofast

Just got back in town. I would like to thank Mr. Fong, his Atomic crew, and their sponsors for putting on the show. Their staff have great energy and make everyone feels welcome. I'm impressed. You can see from the pictures that it attracted big crowds too.

The level of racing is high. The HK and TW drivers proved that they are the ones to beat. The brand new tiled carpet track is a challenge to set up. That's the achilles heel for the USA drivers. We struggled to find the elusive set up which never came. Stephen had a good qual on the first day to get into the triple A-main. Roland and Sai made the B-main. Sai finally got his car working for the main and ended up 3rd. I had all sorts of problem with the transponder and my setup and landed in the C-main.

It's great to hang out with the international drivers as well as the USA team. Willy Wong was there as the grand marshall and Bennett Lo as the emcee.

Also, thanks Alex from TRP who gave all drivers a nicely painted Renault Megane to bring home. You can see it from the pictures.

A few observations:
- If you are not driving an AWD then you are not in the As.
- If you are not driving a 350z 05 then you are most likely not in the As or Bs.
Gofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.11, 06:13 PM   #66
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
no reviews of the track yet?
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.11, 08:00 PM   #67
herman

would also like to see some chassis pics of set ups, set up sheets... and of course video's of the race...

Quote:
I had all sorts of problem with the transponder
what lapcounting system was used for the event?
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.11, 08:11 PM   #68
Gofast

It's Robitronics. The transponder is close to an inch thick so it's a challenge to sneak it in between the AWD chassis and the front window of the nsx without any binding.
Old 2009.11.12, 04:13 AM   #69
Red Team

Send a message via Yahoo to Red Team
Glad to hear that a World class event used the Robitronic system. I presume they'd use the advanced version ( the one that we - and others - never figured out how to use it ), but can you tell us for sure which version they used ?

Many of us here placed the transponder on top of the body, it's so small you'd not even notice, especially if you have a " dark " colour body.
Old 2009.11.12, 05:47 AM   #70
Gofast

I didn't pay attention to the version number.
Old 2009.11.12, 12:58 PM   #71
Cherub1m
Slip Angle Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
Ive made many of front air dams for various cars. I think I could pull something together for you pretty quickly.....
Thanks Landon

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to my Videos http://www.youtube.com/SlipAngleChaser
Cherub1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.13, 01:26 PM   #72
ub0211042

hi,

anyone ask the Taiwan racer how they mod their Futaba 4PK to play Mini-z?
Mini-Z MR-03
FX-101 Dnano 360 Modena
ub0211042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.13, 05:45 PM   #73
phea
Dexterous

Send a message via AIM to phea
Trip was awesome from start to finish. Although all the US drivers came at all different times, I guess there was not enough footage to put together for our arrival. Before the race, friday, most of the racers went to MMS to practice n setup their cars. Practice/racing at their track is very tight and fast. To my surprise the cars can actually handle the turns and transitions. Also I noticed that the tires get naturally sticky after running. Keep in mind the tires to run are 10*/10* for 010's and atm's tires are very soft. But they don't fly off the rim, if lets say you dont tape or glue tires, unlike RCP. Racers over there are pretty nice, one of them helped me out alot on tuning the ma-010 chassis for the track.

Qualifying day was very exciting and a bit of a struggle trying to find the right tires. I ended up using the slick tires that I ran at MMS since they gave me the most rear traction at the time. Later I found out that the tire to run was the straight grooved tires, but it was too late for me to switch over by Race day since their is not enough practice to break in tires. Broken in tires are definitely something to run.

The next day for the last qual, I was certain I can step up my performance. After lots of testing out new tires, I managed to misplace my rear tires that worked for me. So plan B was initiated and I had to go with a 20/10 combo that made my car under-steer. Car was alright to my driving style but definitely way off pace of the HK/TW drivers. They must of stepped up their cars overnight at least 2/3x faster from day 1 of qualifying.

By end of qual's, my first qual landed me in 8th position in the A-main. Racing was difficult for me since my car was off pace with all the other racers. Basically I had no chance in the mains, since they are much more prepared and had more experience with the ma-010 chassis and carpet. Overall I enjoyed racing with the best of them and i'm glad that Atomic gave me this opportunity to participate in this world class event.
Old 2009.11.15, 09:35 PM   #74
herman

thanks for the review...

any videos of the event?
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.11.17, 12:32 AM   #75
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

I just got back from a long vacation.

I arrived HK late in the night before the race. There was no guarantee entry for me. Luckily one local guy was unable to make it and I took his spot. As a result there was one more entry from the US.

The new carpet track was new to everybody. The grip was much lower compared to the track at MMS. My AWD was Okay but not great. I struggled during the 3 qualifiers and lapped cars were not cooperating. I ended up in the B-main. I was not totally satisfied but if I were in the A-main I would have much lower chances of winning or being the top-5 finishers.

During the B-main I think I was 2nd place for a few minutes. I crashed and gave my position away. For a long time, I was in solid third with no one in front of me and a car somewhat closely behind. It was a long 12 minute race so I drove conservatively. I chose the Atomic AD stock with 19/27 gearings and TRP batteries. I had good power from start to finish and my motor didn't overheat. I ended up in B-3 with a trophy.

After the race we were greeted by a dinner celebration. Atomic President also approached me and discussed his view on serving and supporting the US or North American customers. I gave him my opinions and we talked for almost another half a day afterwards. At the end I was given a position as North American Atomic customer support and product tester. I will give more details in later communication.

It was great getting to know racers from around the globe. Everybody had fun in this event.

Professional quality videos were taken. I don't know who has them.

Last edited by SaiTam; 2009.11.17 at 12:42 AM.
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote