Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.02.22, 10:45 AM   #1
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Micro Helicopters

Hello. Since the description of the Mini RC said small RC vehicles, I figured why not add helicopters?

Does anybody fly the following micro heli's.

Trex 450
Blade CP
Venom 3D
new Venom 3D micro
Micron
Picooz
And any others I may have forgotten. Let us know what you fly, and what you like or dislike about those. My dad and I plan on getting the new Venom 3D Micro today for our indoor flying meet downtown.
Feel free to share photos, tips, flying stories, modifications, etc here.
I'll post pictures of my micro helicopters soon..................thansk!

PS, to you moderators, if this is in the wrong thread, I aplogize and please put it in the proper thread. I hope that micro helicopters count as Mini RC

Last edited by marc; 2007.02.22 at 10:50 AM.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.02.22, 10:52 AM   #2
bnwhtlw
i heart oversteer

Send a message via AIM to bnwhtlw
Are you familiar with flying micro helis? If your a beginner Id say you should start with a coax style heli. Even the fixed pitch 4 channel are hard to fly.

I have a Helimax Rotofly (in my posession, it belongs to the LHS) and my own Esky Lama 2 with a broken swashplace right now.
bnwhtlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.02.22, 11:00 AM   #3
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Yes I am. I actually started with a my dad's old Kyosho heli and a still trying to master hovering. I currently own a Trex 450X which was originally my dad's, but I built it, hovered it for a while, and rebuilt it with hop-ups which really seemed to help it more stable and now that it flys perfectly, I find it a tad intimidating to learn. Sounds strange to say I know, but it does. So for practicing, my dad recently got the Blade CP Pro, then when I get really good with the Blade, I'll go back to my Trex.

Last edited by marc; 2007.02.22 at 11:02 AM.
Old 2007.02.22, 11:15 AM   #4
bnwhtlw
i heart oversteer

I get it, that stuff is expensive and its not like running into a wall...when it drops from even 10 feet it can and most likley will break stuff. Im in the process of getting alloy for my Lama. Its nice cuz its a good indoor heli.

I probably wont go any further with helis's just cuz of price.
Old 2007.02.22, 11:26 AM   #5
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

I think the Trex is the only one I'll bother with the hop-ups. We fought forever to get it to fly perfeclty and the alloy swashplate, rotor head assembly, tail assembly all seemed to make it more stable. I went for all silver alloy from Micro Heli, which most people don't like, but I like'em.
I got started with the RC helicopters mainly cause I'm a big, big, fan of the 80's tv show Airwolf, I simply love that helicopter!
A few years ago, my dad and I were at a hobby store in California, and there was a tiny little Airwolf helicopter form Century Helicopters. It was their first micro called the Hummingbird. Ever since then I was hooked on micro heli's.
Now I've got this gorgeous fiberglass highly detailed fuselage of Airwolf for the Trex450XL helicopter. So, I converted my X to XL with longer tailboom and blades, but have not yet mounted the fuselage on. As I'm still a beginner, I did not want to risk damaging this gorgeous fuselage, which is another reason for getting the Blade. Now that I have the Blade, I plan on putting the Airwolf on the Trex and hang it up for a while as I practice with the Blade.
You may have seen the Airwolf fuselage in the back ground in my other posts, but when I mount it on my Trex, I'll post it here.
Old 2007.02.22, 06:00 PM   #6
machine
learning the hard way

i used to fly a hummingbird (FP) and a Hornet II (CP), which took forever to trim right and never had confidence in. The hummingbird was a ton of fun to start with, once i upgraded to weighted balsa blades it had some good forward flight. I ended up getting a Trex 400 with a few minor optin parts, it sucked. I went to a Blade CP and haven't looked back, mind you it's currently sitting on a shelf collecting dust. The only thing i currently fly is a Picco Z in my office during really slooow days at work.
Old 2007.02.22, 06:16 PM   #7
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine
i used to fly a hummingbird (FP) and a Hornet II (CP), which took forever to trim right and never had confidence in. The hummingbird was a ton of fun to start with, once i upgraded to weighted balsa blades it had some good forward flight. I ended up getting a Trex 400 with a few minor optin parts, it sucked. I went to a Blade CP and haven't looked back, mind you it's currently sitting on a shelf collecting dust. The only thing i currently fly is a Picco Z in my office during really slooow days at work.
I love my Trex now. We finally got it flying perfectly, but as said earlier it's a bit intimidating for a beginner.
My dad and I just picked up the new Venom Corps 3D Micro and it's tiny. Sweet looking micro heli and we hope to fly it at our indoor meet tonight. I'll post pics and reviews on it later.
Old 2007.05.01, 04:40 AM   #8
jmg123

I'm flying a Walkera 4 at the moment, an easish one to start with I think, currently selling all my xmods stuff to fund a new heli, this time I am going to design/build my own from lots of heli's parts, basically taking the bits I like from each, already have the skids and frame , was thinking about using a CNC aluminium head (probably walkera or esky upgrade ones) , already had to build a new tail for my walkera, so i'll build my own tail, and then I just need to choose the electronics. Oh and a falcon 3d canopy in red as well.

And the best part? should be cheaper than any other 3d heli!

Last edited by jmg123; 2007.05.01 at 04:43 AM.
jmg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.01, 05:39 AM   #9
Programmers
iTomCash

I have a Venom Night Ranger II, don't like it so much because it doesn't have wheels, but it's where my RC interest started...
Programmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.01, 08:53 AM   #10
bnwhtlw
i heart oversteer

Any of you guys seen the latest micro heli from walkera? 4ch The same size as a piccoz. Walkera 5-6. Tons of videos on Youtube.

Old 2007.05.01, 09:11 AM   #11
jmg123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwhtlw
Any of you guys seen the latest micro heli from walkera? 4ch The same size as a piccoz. Walkera 5-6. Tons of videos on Youtube.

Walkera do a 7ch full 3d heli that is only 30cm long as well, indoors only I guess
jmg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 07:05 PM   #12
mk2kompressor
at the Bleeding Edge

im getting a walkera 22e shortly,ive got a second hand dragonfly 4 but cant get it off the ground lol
ive spent enough on it and cant be bothered with more so im starting again with a fresh one
also getting a piccoo next payday
HFAY S9 F1 Winner
Sinister V1
MRCG Prototype
MRCG 1.0
The uk's premier shop for mini-z
Bleeding Edge Racing UK
mk2kompressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.07, 07:09 PM   #13
MiniZMaster
Team Nomadio 007

Send a message via AIM to MiniZMaster
i have a picco Z. wish it would move forward and backwords with out adding weight lol.
Old 2010.01.11, 04:19 PM   #14
addicted

old topic i know, just like to fill you in i have a picco Z!
we have 3 in total in our house!
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.01.29, 10:53 AM   #15
J-Milz

MCX and mini z

I had Mike L paint my heli to match my car. Check it out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg land and air.jpg (42.2 KB, 41 views)