Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.11.02, 09:35 PM   #16
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Yea, I'm puzzled too!
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.03, 01:45 AM   #17
TommyKing

i cant wait for all item above the mc laren and the F430 gt , i love it so much
TommyKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.03, 08:36 AM   #18
eztuner12
Do you want to go fasst??

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b View Post
can you explain the change to 'hand polished' bodies? i thought the previous gloss coat was great.
My personal opinion about no gloss coat finish, “save money”
About hand polished, “sales gimmick” as a diversion, to the no gloss coat.
Cheers
eztuner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.03, 09:31 AM   #19
simpleskin

Send a message via AIM to simpleskin Send a message via Skype™ to simpleskin
And what's with the $10 dollar increase. Hand polished seems cheaper to me, then the LM bodies started coming out about 10 dollars more expensive. Now all new bodies are that price including hand polished? What's the deal?

MR-02 AD
MR-02 AD with narrow PN front tower bars
3 x dNaNo
2 x MA-010
3 x MR-03
MR-015
Overland
F1
simpleskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.03, 09:33 AM   #20
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Question is, what are they hand-polishing the bodies with? And what was wrong with the original gloss coat?
Old 2008.11.03, 09:42 AM   #21
eztuner12

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleskin View Post
And what's with the $10 dollar increase. Hand polished seems cheaper to me, then the LM bodies started coming out about 10 dollars more expensive. Now all new bodies are that price including hand polished? What's the deal?
That’s way I use the words “gimmick and diversion” since in US and many other country’s of the world hand labor is very expensive, opposite to China. They take advantage of this to make it less production costly and charge more for it. Considering the LM bodies they use more prime material.
They maybe dont polish at all, but if they do most probably wax and cloth, or just a cloth. I guees Tim has the answer to this, hope so!
Again my personal point of vew.
Cheers

Last edited by eztuner12; 2008.11.03 at 09:49 AM.
Old 2008.11.03, 09:45 AM   #22
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Hope it doesn't take away from the esquisit details and beautiful shines we've come to know and love.
Also, I wonder about the finish. Being hand-polished, would we see fine swirl marks?
Old 2008.11.03, 09:54 AM   #23
mleemor60
Curmudgeon & Moderator

I haven't paid any attention to any of the new releases that aren't copies of actual competition cars. How are the finishes listed on the other releases? Generally a race car doesn't have a show quality paint job because it won't last. I would think the polished look has been done to add realism as opposed to "pimp my ride". It could also be a cost cutting measure. Plastics are after all a petroleum derivitive.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.03, 09:56 AM   #24
boohoo
team xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Hope it doesn't take away from the esquisit details and beautiful shines we've come to know and love.
Also, I wonder about the finish. Being hand-polished, would we see fine swirl marks?
there are no swirl marks that ive noticed but the decals are more fragile to the touch
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.03, 11:02 AM   #25
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

I'm tempted to purchase the new FD green/blue AE86 Trueno AutoScale, but wondering how durable it's paint will be for racing. Wonder if I should get two, if in fact the decals are fragile as you say. Wich sucks cause I really liked the original bodies! The gloss-coating was very tough and durable on the race-trimmed Ferrari's and the decales were bullet-proof! I'm feeling less tempted by these new models.
Old 2008.11.03, 11:20 AM   #26
eztuner12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
I haven't paid any attention to any of the new releases that aren't copies of actual competition cars. How are the finishes listed on the other releases? Generally a race car doesn't have a show quality paint job because it won't last. I would think the polished look has been done to add realism as opposed to "pimp my ride". It could also be a cost cutting measure. Plastics are after all a petroleum derivitive.
Hi Mleemore60
I really think that most fans like it “pimp my ride” they really look gooood, I to like it if it wasn’t that the pianted bodies break more easily than the white unpainted, plus they weight more, reasons why I use the unpainted shells.
Have a great day!
Cheers
Old 2008.11.03, 11:26 AM   #27
Tim Johnson

Guys, I would not worry to much about the "hand polished" deal. Most of the "racing" bodies were never gloss coated. The "hand polished" label is just another way to say "no gloss coat". If you look at "hand polished" ASC's and non "glosscoat" ASC's they will look the same.

It cost a lot of money to produce the "racing" bodies due to licensing. So most of the time the "racing" bodies do not have "Glosscoat".

Two issues going against us (Mini-Z Community) is the strength of the Yen and, the price of oil. The bodies are manufactured from a petroleum based product. These two factors are not helping our inexpensive fun.
Old 2008.11.03, 11:34 AM   #28
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

On the race-trimmed Ferraris, I've noticed that their decales were tough. Is the FD Trueno same?
Also, a question regarding the front body clip's on the Trueno's. Is the FD version the same exact body clip as the original Trueno's? I'm wondering cause I'd like to purchase Atomics' alloy body clip for it.
Old 2008.11.03, 08:03 PM   #29
herman

dang... is it just me? can't see the pics of the ferrari's
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.11.03, 08:27 PM   #30
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Hmmmm, interesting herman, the pictures were there! You missed that beautiful white Ferrari? Oh my!