Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.02.10, 10:20 PM   #1
n2rc

Lightbulb problem proposition

i have read the propositions on taking a thursday night off to redo the computer. how about race thursday night the 14th and let everyone know we plan on taking thursday the 21st off to fix the computer. that way we can let more people know what is going on and maybe post the 21st as a practice only night in advance. i also think we have a pretty good stock class (single fets and speedy 07) going right now. the last month we have seen close qualifying and had some new faces in the a main and some people take their turn in the b main. its that close. i think the 2.4 car needs to be raced in mod (due to its stacked fets) and whomever decides to buy one can race it with the provided motor, mod motor or whatever (it is mod class). jim has been selling two to three new mr02's a week and we need to keep the stock (single fet) class going (it is by far the largest class and keeps growing). i forsee a large stock class and an equally large mod class when the new 2.4 cars become readily available. as for time; start racing at 7:00 with only two minutes between qualifying races and a five minute break before the mains. i think we need to do everything possible to make things go quickly and smoothly to keep jim and vickie happy and keep this track open!!! i think we need to be prepared for spikes of 40 plus cars. we have come pretty close lately. add up novice,pro stock, mod, f1, xray one night. we weren't prepared for that last year around christmas when we saw this a couple times. i don't want to split up race nights as i have often heard commented. it is truly not necessary if we just work together. i have also posted a frequency list on the sign up board at the hobby shop. i would like everyone to list their primary frequency they use to keep anyone from going to the trouble of ordering atomic crystals that someone else has already purchased. this is just a reference. you will still have to sign up race night and list your frequency. there are around 40 channels available so we can help ourselves avoid frequency conflicts and waiting on frequency changes. i look forward to any replies. i know there will be some.... we have a good thing going. with a little work it can be better.
n2rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.10, 11:23 PM   #2
kwsmith29

Great comments. I agree completly.

May I make a request? Please sign your names to your posts. That might open more line of communications at the track and we can get some ideas flowing there with some folks not privilage to this info....

Wade
kwsmith29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.10, 11:39 PM   #3
pooiswyked
Sinister Scalpeler.

I agree with the times listed. I also agree with the time we start. It could even be 6 to provide even more time in between races. The only people this will greatly affect are the BEST racers there IMO for the best racers normally run more than 1 class(es).

I run the Scalpel, I have ran it the past two weeks.

The classes right now are fantastic IMO. Novice stock, pro stock, mod, f1 and 1/18th.

I do not want to lose this track. It is far too good of an oppourtunity to just lose.

As for summer....I have a question. Will there be any indoor this summer? I mena I'm still mroe than willing to go every week. WE could develop some sort of Summer Shootout series, if we ever had points down pat. Just throwing it out there. -Josh
pooiswyked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.11, 08:32 AM   #4
pick
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2rc View Post
i have read the propositions on taking a thursday night off to redo the computer. how about race thursday night the 14th and let everyone know we plan on taking thursday the 21st off to fix the computer. that way we can let more people know what is going on and maybe post the 21st as a practice only night in advance. i also think we have a pretty good stock class (single fets and speedy 07) going right now. the last month we have seen close qualifying and had some new faces in the a main and some people take their turn in the b main. its that close. i think the 2.4 car needs to be raced in mod (due to its stacked fets) and whomever decides to buy one can race it with the provided motor, mod motor or whatever (it is mod class). jim has been selling two to three new mr02's a week and we need to keep the stock (single fet) class going (it is by far the largest class and keeps growing). i forsee a large stock class and an equally large mod class when the new 2.4 cars become readily available. as for time; start racing at 7:00 with only two minutes between qualifying races and a five minute break before the mains. i think we need to do everything possible to make things go quickly and smoothly to keep jim and vickie happy and keep this track open!!! i think we need to be prepared for spikes of 40 plus cars. we have come pretty close lately. add up novice,pro stock, mod, f1, xray one night. we weren't prepared for that last year around christmas when we saw this a couple times. i don't want to split up race nights as i have often heard commented. it is truly not necessary if we just work together. i have also posted a frequency list on the sign up board at the hobby shop. i would like everyone to list their primary frequency they use to keep anyone from going to the trouble of ordering atomic crystals that someone else has already purchased. this is just a reference. you will still have to sign up race night and list your frequency. there are around 40 channels available so we can help ourselves avoid frequency conflicts and waiting on frequency changes. i look forward to any replies. i know there will be some.... we have a good thing going. with a little work it can be better.
I also completely agree with all points made. We have a great place to race and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to preserve this. There is a great group of guys racing every Thursday night. I look forward to a fun season of racing with everyone.

James
pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.02.11, 05:04 PM   #5
pick
Village Idiot

no problem

I don't think we really have any problems. Just a few new racers needing clarifications on the rules. Let's not forget the hobbyshop and the races all belong to Jim and Vickie. We need to make them as happy as possible to preserve Thursday race night. As always, I look forward to seeing all of you on Thursday!

James

Here are the rules as posted on the High Speed Hobbies website:
Racing Standards and Rules:

These Rules are not set in stone and we will at times make allowances or changes at the discretion of the Race Official.

First Rules: is to have FUN!

Second Rule is NO cheating. If you are found in violation of the rules you will be suspended from racing for the rest of the season. If you agree to race in the points race you are agreeing that your vehicle may be inspected at any time.

Third Rule: cars qualifying for the points race must have a transponder. You may race without a transponder, but it is the driver's responsibility to find someone to count laps for their car. Racers must notify the Race Official of the number of laps completed. Racer's without a transponder will not qualify for a 1st through 3rd place championship position. Sorry, but it is so hard to verify the laps. Others question the reliability of the lap counter. The lap counter does not randomly choose who it will count and who it will not count. It is the racer's responsbility to ensure the transponder is installed properly and the battery is fully charged.

Fourth Rule: It is noted that everyone wants the regulations to benefit them. Please go back to rule number one. If you want serious racing another race official will be hired and $5.00 entry fee per racer will be charged. We are totally open to this idea.

The races will start at exactly 7:00. All heats will be 4 minutes in length. Drivers have 5 minutes to be ready for the next race. If we find racing goes later than 9:30 with the 5 minute rule we will change to 3 minutes.

Classes are as follows:

Mini-z Novice Stock

This class is for drivers whose laps are less than 45 laps for an 8 minute race. No board changes. IF fets need changing only one set of Standard fets are allowed. X-speed motor, bearings, diff, etc may be changed. The board may not be changed. If any racer wins 2 mains and consistently runs 45 plus laps the racer will be moved to the Pro Stock Class.

Mini-z Pro Stock

No board changes. If fets have been or will be changed you must notify the racing official. Only a standard set of fets will be allowed in this Class. If laps fall below 45 for 2 races, racer will be moved to the Novice Stock Class.

Mini-z Super Modified - Everything goes. Any racer may enter this race
pick is offline   Reply With Quote