Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.02.27, 11:58 AM   #1
mgranizo

Exclamation AD board shuting down

I, just get my AD board, for KOpropo EX helios 10, and im using speedy 05 motor, and during my runs sudenly the car stops in the trak, no thortle, no servo, but after you move the on/off swich to off and then again to on, the car works again?? some body knows why is happening this?? My car is a MR02

Other member of the club has the same problem but with an atomic stock motor, same problem.
mgranizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.02.27, 12:29 PM   #2
rharris
that Orange car is fast..

Send a message via Yahoo to rharris
Ok, I hate to ask the obviouse questions...

Did you make sure your motor leads were tight? And have you checked your battary terminal connections?

Sometimes when you are working on a car, the plastic gets worn out and it's hard to get a good connection.

Come Race with us!!! Club Pics
rharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.02.27, 12:47 PM   #3
avant
Le Zdeur

@mgranizo - did you use alloy rims ? If yes, then you have problems with electric static load and you should use plastic rims at least on one axle ...

We've had the same at the CRC in the past with two cars.

Cheers,

Jo
avant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.02.27, 12:52 PM   #4
mgranizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris
Ok, I hate to ask the obviouse questions...

Did you make sure your motor leads were tight? And have you checked your battary terminal connections?

Sometimes when you are working on a car, the plastic gets worn out and it's hard to get a good connection.

Yes all the conections are OK, and are brand new boards. Some Guy in the club wrote to Ko propo and the answer was that the AD board is desined for work with Kyosho motors!!!

Is rare that the only thin you have to do is move the swicht to off, an then to on and the problem is solved, but appears again after a couple of laps.

In both the cases (my mate and my self) the car went off after a long straigt, not in the same lap or race

sorry for my English

Last edited by mgranizo; 2007.02.27 at 12:55 PM.
Old 2007.02.27, 12:57 PM   #5
mgranizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by avant
@mgranizo - did you use alloy rims ? If yes, then you have problems with electric static load and you should use plastic rims at least on one axle ...

We've had the same at the CRC in the past with two cars.

Cheers,

Jo

Yes we use alloy weels!!! Will try that Thanks
Old 2007.02.27, 01:14 PM   #6
Spoon
DCGTG FET Guy

I have had problems with Atomic motors cutting out when they get old or dirty. I have seen it on my F1 (stock board) and with the AD board on my MR02. I don't know if that's it but it's worth checking out.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.02.27, 01:18 PM   #7
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
is there a way to ensure a track is grounded? i would prefer to do this regardless as it would possible resolve some core flukes as well? just seems like a logical thing to do.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.02.27, 02:37 PM   #8
ByronF1
ByronF1

Even if the track is RCP?
ByronF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.02.27, 03:55 PM   #9
mgranizo

I dont know if ther is a way to ground the track, and im not shure if the problem of the AD board shutting down is a matter of Static, but Ill have to try that.

Somthing that cross my mind is the posibility of a termal shuttdown of the board as a proteccion, maybe the fets are getting hot in some moment, especialy that the shuttdow mostly hapens after a long straigth and after full thortell (not every time)

have any body with AD boars has the same problem??
Old 2007.02.27, 04:01 PM   #10
arch2b

i have not had any shutdowns with my ad band awd which you would think would generate more heat than an mr-02.

rcp tracks generate tons of static.
Old 2007.02.27, 04:15 PM   #11
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Do AD band PCBs have circuit protection? to keep it from frying? thought I read that some were, never had one though so I dont know. Anyway that might be whats going on... if they do.
Old 2007.02.27, 04:44 PM   #12
ByronF1
ByronF1

arch2b At your CRC do you have grounded your track, if you do, how? do you have pics?
Old 2007.02.27, 05:20 PM   #13
arch2b

my rcp track site on ceramic tile. the tiles generate lots of static. i would love to know how i could ground the track properly
Old 2007.02.27, 06:09 PM   #14
ByronF1
ByronF1

This was I wrote to kopropo....
Q:
Hi, we are running MiniZ MR-02 with Kopropo AD, 4 to be exact, but we but we are experimenting shut off on the cars, to continue running we move switch on-off, what is the problem?, we are using several kinds of batteries, RayOvac IC3, Sony 900mAh and others.
Configuration on the MR02:
Motor Atomic Stock AD
Pinion 9

answ:
The AD PC boards are designed to work with Kyosho motors only. Using other manufacture's motors we cannot guarantee the correct operation. You may be overheating the FETs and thermal shutting off the esc.

Q:
Do you think if I change this parameter, would help?

DRIVE FREQ(drive frequency)

The drive frequency of the throttle can be changed to three settings. The frequency of the entire throttle advancement changes. In general, run-time decreases though the torque increases in the low frequency setting (value Low)

Answ:
It may help, but no guarantee.

What do you think?

Last edited by ByronF1; 2007.02.28 at 10:39 AM.
ByronF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.02.27, 09:19 PM   #15
mystique13

I do consider AD PCB have curcuit protection.
Almost all racers here in Hong Kong running AD PCB with FET upgraded had experienced the same problem.

The possible cause is the high current draw from the motor. Especially during big crushes, the motor draw a very high suddent current which induces suddent voltage drop, AD PCB thus shut down. I dont have the technique to prove it though, so it's just a wild guess.
Adding a capacitor or even better a supercapacitor parallel to the battery terminal could alleviate the situation, yet it cant be eliminated. Besides, a supercapacitor provide extra boost to your AWD!

Last edited by mystique13; 2007.02.27 at 10:14 PM.
mystique13 is offline   Reply With Quote