Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.11.29, 11:03 AM   #1
helee4

Send a message via MSN to helee4 Send a message via Yahoo to helee4 Send a message via Skype™ to helee4
Xmod help

Sorry guys, I tried to post this from atomic forum, but no help so far. So, I want to try my luck here as well. Trying to help help for my AWD Xmod EVO.

"I think for those who have both AWD-Z and xmod would know better what I am trying to explain.
I realize my xmod tends to "loop" and spin out than the AWDZ. I don't think it has problem of oversteering, because I am able to loose my back end with my AWDZ much easier than the xmod. But for the AWD-Z, it wouldn't spin out easily like the xmod. And the xmod requires alot of countersteering to overcome the spinout during drift. I am thinking could it be the drivetrain, or something binding one of the wheel? Anyone has this experience? "
helee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.29, 11:10 AM   #2
Ninja
Mechanic

Send a message via MSN to Ninja Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja
it could be a difference in wheelbase. the shorter wheelbase will flip around faster than a longer one. Which is why the 02MM is so popular for racing, it is easier to setup, and the extra length makes it more stable on fast turns. As for the binding, it could be that. Have you upgraded the X-Mod with bearings? Does it have alot of slop at one of the corners compared to the rest? Does it react the same turning either direction?
I am a FIRM believer in "Run what ya brung"......Unless it's your MOUTH!!!
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.11.29, 12:01 PM   #3
LBRC

Wheel wobble, even with bearings, as you turn the wheels tilt so you only have traction on the outside portion of the tire, that is until the outside edge catches on something.
Old 2006.11.29, 12:40 PM   #4
helee4

Send a message via MSN to helee4 Send a message via Yahoo to helee4 Send a message via Skype™ to helee4
Yes, there is differently wheel wobble with my xmod, even I have upgraded to aluminum cup and ball bearing. It seems like the the universial drive axle tends to move and the other than thing is even with the aluminum tie rod, there is still same play between the bolt that lock the tie rod and the tie rod hole. But I will try to see if I can get rid of the wobbling problem first.

I have a G35 xmod, so I think it is one those with longer wheel base.

another side question(may even be a dumb one), besides swaping the electronics, anyway we can make the evo behaves more like an AWDZ (of course not comparing with an moded Z). I just don't like we need much more throttle in order to loose the rear end, and of course changing direction during drift is not as agile as the z.
Old 2006.11.29, 12:52 PM   #5
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
The answer is... "It is an XMod"
Old 2006.11.29, 12:59 PM   #6
helee4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
The answer is... "It is an XMod"
yeah... I know.. always want to make the car a little better, a little close to my awz
Old 2006.11.29, 01:05 PM   #7
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
Best way to make a Xmod better... is ebay... by selling it.