Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Events > PN Racing World Cup

Old 2015.05.05, 04:45 PM   #31
DMALMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
Good Morning!
finally got a chance to sit down and discuss this issue!
apparently just a wording error
5. All wheel rims must be original made for Mini-Z, any modification is not allowed, any 3D print wheel not allowed.
should read:
All wheel rims must be original design made for Mini-Z RACER any modification is not allowed, any slot-car design wheel not allowed )
3d print wheels must fall under the "original design made for Mini-Z Racer" rule and must be available for purchase

6. Home make tires and slot car tires not allowed.

to address this issue "home made tires" are not allowed is self-explanatory
any tire must be available for purchase
and what im sure has most drivers scratching there heads....
slot car tires not allowed.
this should read:
slot car type/design tires are NOT allowed
meaning .. just like the wheel rule...must mount to a "original design made for Mini-Z Racer" wheel!
That seems much more reasonable. Looks like you are just trying to keep a level playing field is all. I know because I make my own tires and while it is a lot of work especially with the foam but in general custom made tires that are not designed for the mini-z requires a certain level of patience and tooling, not to mention the performance gains of some of the different non mini-z foam or rubber tires out there. Honestly just spec the tire or do controlled tires where number of tires that can be used for qualifying, control practice, and mains is limited. That way you make things more even and reduce cost or the ability of racers with greater budgets to run new tires every run.

Last edited by DMALMAD; 2015.05.05 at 04:49 PM.
DMALMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.05.06, 02:02 AM   #32
tudor_47

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasuji View Post
glad u see it this way as pn opened the gt mod chassis rule @ your request a year ago and u have yet to apply for approval
Grant,

Yes I know we can get our car apporved... we have yet to make this happen..

When the subject is up.
Is the approval for all coming PNWC race or for one year only?

I still think that if the chassi conform to rules layed out by the technical rules, dimensions and such, it should be allowed to compete (modified classes), I have been running in the pancar mod class, I do not think I had any unfair advantages compared to my fellow racers, noone has ever said anything about feeling they had a disadvantage due to me using my P28.

I get that in stock it should be a Kyosho chassi, but then again why is that so certain? I mean the only difference from mod is the motor, so by putting in a 70T in a P28 should make that OK in stock too. In many aspects stock is even more difficult than mod and can get more expensive.

And lastly the P28 is available in our shop, so all can get one.....

Get a P28

Our new track at MiniZata Were we race My P28
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.05.06, 03:47 AM   #33
quazster

Thank you for the quick clarifications. I think this was just a case of "lost in translation" so to speak

Please find attached my idea on how to make the wheel dimension rules even more clear.

Now you can just insert the picture on the rules and write a table f.ex.:

FRONT WHEEL:
A: max 8.5mm
B: 19 - 21mm
C: free

REAR WHEEL:
A: max 11mm
B: 19 - 21mm
C: free

And also define sizes for LM-sized wheels.

Also one idea that we have found to work: make rules to Google Drive as a document. Then it will be really easy to edit the rules and also you will always have the most recent rules available. There is also a version history control in drive so you can easily track the changes made in the document.

Here are the rules for the Z Racers Open 2015 held in Vimmerby so you get a better picture of what I'm talking about:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

We also have done lots of clarifications and re-writes in attempt to write the rules in a unambiguous manner, so that they can only be understood in one way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wheel_dimensions.JPG (34.9 KB, 25 views)
quazster is offline   Reply With Quote