Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2006.03.14, 06:19 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Regional GTG

the last time i chatted with ed and the other dow guys we mentioned making the next regional gtg here in dc. it was very nice of them to agree to amke the trip down

we had talked about making these regional gtg's every 3-4 months. it's been a bit longer but it's been winter...

i will be replacing my track soon, jsut waiting on updates from rcp. my new track will be about 3-4 wide l's. it's not as large as the dow track but large enough for a regional gtg ithink.

i will obviously need to find a location to host the gtg. there is no way we could host even a handful of dow guys and the average 4 dc guys. if any of you guys have any ideas on this let me know.

i will also have to get back in tough with mzr about sponsoring/prizes and get info from gasman re: pn racing. since we did this with th elast regional, we have all learned some hard lessons re: getting sponsors and prizes so hopefully it will run much smoother this time.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.14, 09:21 PM   #2
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

Well, I'm going to assume any level of sponsorship we'll see isn't going to land us the Grand Ballroom at the Mayflower. It looks like your locality has a nice community center with a decent sized 'social hall', though the hours might not be suitable for our plans (if you count set up and tear down). Hotels tend to be a bit more lax with hours, though I can only assume they charge quite a bit more. Any idea what the DOW setup had in terms of square footage, and what kind of turnout we might expect? I'll pick our meetings manager's brain for some ideas/pointers if I get a chance. I'm glad to hear this...I was planning on attempting to make it to the next regional GTG, but this would cement it, just let me know if and how I can help.
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.15, 04:47 PM   #3
NismoRocks

Send a message via AIM to NismoRocks
hi guys im not sure if this is the right section but im in winchester va and you all seem to live in or near va so i was wondering what you all do with your racing and how i might join im sorry if i wrote this in the wrong place but it was the first post that seemed remotely related thank you
NismoRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.15, 05:20 PM   #4
imxlr8ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoRocks
hi guys im not sure if this is the right section but im in winchester va and you all seem to live in or near va so i was wondering what you all do with your racing and how i might join im sorry if i wrote this in the wrong place but it was the first post that seemed remotely related thank you
Arch ! NEWBIE !!! Quick !!!

I'm sure DCGTG would welcome you easily !

Yes, we would be willing to make the trip ! Are you thinking one day, or 2 day ?... I liked the Winter Challenge last year up on Long Island, but with the hotel stay, alot of my younger crew couldn't do it.

Any contact from Phil about the status of PN Cup ?

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/UID

http://www.howfastareyou.com

SUPPORT LBR!!!
(Local Basement Racing)
imxlr8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.15, 05:38 PM   #5
NismoRocks

Send a message via AIM to NismoRocks
newb to mini zs but not 1/28th ive been fooling around with xmods and im tired of the bull i have to deal with on them theyre just junk so im using a mz now any thing you guys can tell me is appreciated i have a short drive to dc and my sister goes to uva sorry for the splrge of words but im having a caffiene rush lol
NismoRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.15, 06:25 PM   #6
soyverde
Hack Job Driver

NismoRocks: You'll have to wait for Arch2b to chime in for the final say (since the regular DC GTGs are held at his house), but you're sure to be welcome at any DC GTG. We actually had a group come up from VA Beach a few months back. Though this thread is intended for info on the next DC/PA/NY regional event, it's as good a place as any to ask at the moment, as the thread for the next DC GTG (March 25th, I think) hasn't been created yet.
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.03.15, 07:02 PM   #7
arch2b

started a thread for march 25th gtg
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showth...331#post220331

new comers are always welcome!

the only reason i call it the dc gtg is that dc is well, the center of the metro dc area. so techincally it is the dc, md, va gtg.

at the last regional gtg in reading, pa, the dow guys offered to drive down here for a regional. obviously i'd liek to take them up on the offer as it save me and the other dc guys a weekend of driving. not bad really, 6 hours total.

i am not opossed to having the regional in va, dc or md. it all depends on the space, cost and availablity.
Old 2006.03.16, 06:16 AM   #8
techno
Hopeless Z addict

if it can happen in the weekends im planning on vacation I'll offer any help I can do on my end .

Last edited by techno; 2006.03.16 at 06:21 AM.
techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.04.22, 07:00 PM   #9
arch2b

ok, got the new track... now we need to find a space
Old 2006.04.22, 11:37 PM   #10
dean

Thats is always the problem.

It usually comes down to who do you know.... everyone else wants too much money.

Good luck , keep us posted.

One cool idea is a campground would be absolutely awesome because of the cheap accomodations, extra activitys, and can draw poeple like me that live far away. One whole camping space is cheap enough and large enough.

Heck ... I bring a chock full-o-r/c's with me whenever I go and run Nitros without complaints. I will usually use emty sites as a track.

Anyway... as long as its not in the heat of mid-summer... I would definatly be down' wit that' ....
Old 2006.05.22, 07:44 AM   #11
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Send a message via AIM to a7i20ci7y
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
ok, got the new track... now we need to find a space

Nekocon is now six months out. We should have plenty of space if you want to set up there. The convention runs Friday to Sunday, and we have the space from... I wanna say 7am to 2am, and it's locked up and secure in between. We're at The Hampton Roads Convention Center again this year, and the dealer's room in Hall A will have a lot of extra space., and concession stand, albeit overpriced. The dealer's room is open Friday 2-8, Saturday 10-6, and Sunday 10-3. If you need more time we might be able to set up in a different room, but I'm not sure.

Caveat is, anyone in attendance would either have to be Neko staff, or would have to register for the convention. If you guys want to do something here, we need to start planning for it now, cause six months goes by fast.

Embassy Suites is adjacent to the convention center
a7i20ci7y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006.05.22, 08:54 PM   #12
arch2b

the idea has promise however the registration fee is on the high side for an rc race albeit it would also grant access to the rest of the festivities.

is there any leeway in the registration fee's?
Old 2006.05.22, 11:31 PM   #13
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

Possibly. The registration is pretty typical for a convention like this, but I understand that most of you guys wouldn't be coming for the convention. I can talk to the con chair about it. I might be able to work something out, but I'll need to know approximately how many people we're talking about. You guys would need badges of some sort, be it staff or attendee or what have you.

If we made it an official con-sponsored event, ie put it in the program and allowed attendees to bring their mini-zs, etc, then we would pretty much *need* you guys to be staff, which would solve that problem (if you want to be staff anyway). We could possibly provide trophies too, but we'd have to talk with Martin (the con chair) about it. He's on board with the idea of an event, it's just a money issue.

Alternatively, if any of you are in the business of selling mini-zs or parts you could get a table in the dealer's room to sell stuff (which might be a good idea if there happened to be a nice big track a few feet away )

After running with you guys we got a couple wide ovals that we're planning on taking to the con (for the few moments of free time we'll have).

Last edited by a7i20ci7y; 2006.05.22 at 11:35 PM.
Old 2006.05.23, 05:12 AM   #14
arch2b

my thought is to make it an open event for everyone, and since its in a convention space, it would be easy to send invites for those who like to travel.
this space and opportunity are big so i'd hate to pass it up. i would have to have atleast the dc guys as staff as they would be helping me run things since they all know how to run corespeeday timer and such.

if you can, please email me any promo information you have as i can try to get the event sponsored by some of the aftermarket manufacturers as well.
Old 2006.05.23, 07:26 AM   #15
a7i20ci7y
Bull in a china shop

I PMed Martin, he's checking with the Dealer's Room Department Head to make sure we have as much space open as we think we do. I asked him about promotional information for you.

The floor in hall A is smooth concrete. Last year we were running our xmods on it, no track or anything, and we got a lot of attention. I expect a track with a lap counter and Zs would be a popular event.