Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.01.12, 04:55 PM   #31
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Eric, found my phone today Just charged it and turned it back on. A day without one seemed like an eternity, lol.

Oh, and a quick heads up. I ran a couple of packs today Got down to 6.98....only .04 more to go

PS - I thought you were trying not to take this too serious I do know you...too well I guess I will take the dots up for the official race. If we practice all month with the dots, we should be really good without them

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.12, 05:06 PM   #32
kromie101

cool,give me a hollar when you can.

we might need to practice with the renaults with narrow rears.
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.12, 05:55 PM   #33
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

already did tonight. i put the 20 radial fronts on. it really wasnt much different other than i lost a little steering.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.12, 06:28 PM   #34
kromie101

i remember trying this with LM when we first started running.i put fronts on the rear. now i gotta take a car back from griff. the car i have now is my renault chassie and i'm using it for the 350z 80t car.

you lost steering with rear narrow wheels? i thought you would get more steering. thats crazy.
Old 2011.01.12, 06:32 PM   #35
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

me and LT talked about it. it must be due to running radials. another good thing is i found a use for the pn +3 front rims. they fit the renault perfect. and lord knows i have a ton of them.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.12, 08:48 PM   #36
moz

Hi moz, you must be Ahmad You are setting some very impressive lap times with your 80t motor, and mod too! Would you care to share your stock set up? I am mainly interested in your gearing and battery specs.

Thanks for joining the conversation! I look forward to racing against you later in the month![/QUOTE]

Yes sir Ahmad here,I've got no specials setup here...here me goes
-Running 03...
-PN front end....0' arm.....-1 tie rod.....PN blue shims on bottom...Kyosho Gold on top.....yellow springs,orange spacers underneath...
-Power plant 2X4 SP8M FET,Orion HV Batt charged at 1A...
-Drivetrain PN80turn...PN 94 V3 mount with tri-damper,yellow springs for the shocks...damper spring gold bottom/green on top,no center shock...PN V3 b/diff with 51 LSD-12tooth pinion...front 0 rear +1 offsets...front Kyosho 30' Radial very2 thin....rear always PN parada(wohooo)love this tyre a lot....all around with Route246 tape....I guess thats it...thanks for reading n sorry for my bad english
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.12, 08:54 PM   #37
moz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromie101 View Post
LT, just put red and white tape on the turns or paint them. i think i have some candy cane tape red and white from work. i really don't mind them when it's a club race but when we are racing against other guys. you know me. i want every little inch i can get. if you choose to keep them i will just have to go faster to make up for them. whats upwith your phone?

moz,you are flying. glad your on here now. keep us posted how you guys do and we will do the same.try and get some others to join in and post up their thoughts. cya ,eric
Hello kromie nice to know u...u are flying to sir...FYI we here in very small group..6-8 racer/basher max in friday night...
Old 2011.01.12, 09:29 PM   #38
kromie101

moz,thats the same for us .we are a small group also. if we get 8, thats a good night of racing. we usually get 6 of us on a normal race night.

it's really good to have you on here with us. please feel free to post as much as you want. i enjoy reading your post and i bet i can speak for others,they do also.

i guess we will be chasing you and jeff. don't look back cause we are coming. are you and jeff friends? try and get him to drop in on the thread.

i just looked at the stock hotlaps and i have dropped to 4th. i gotta get to the track. man it's killing me i can't get there till next week.

have a good one,eric

p.s. you don't have to call me sir.LOL LOL
Old 2011.01.12, 09:41 PM   #39
moz

Thank u for the welcome kromie101...Jeff is my guru n owner of the Dynasty....4th is the beginning...u all guys advanced for sure...
Old 2011.01.13, 03:56 AM   #40
yscheong

Testing with my club member yesterday. Have been setting my 80t machine from last saturday. Lap time improve from 7.1 to 6.67. Just to share.

7.1 is running with mr015 98mm lcg motor mount, merc slr and 8 x sp8m4, 4.1 gear ratio Just can do better that 7.1 with this setting.
Lately have done the following testing
- change body to murcielago feel under. Lap time still cannot go under 7 second with 4.154
- change front tire from pn 20 slick to kyosho 30 slick lap time improve to 6.98
- change to 94mm 350z 2005 lap time improve to 6.89 but the car is handle not good.
- Transfer the hold rear block to mr02 94mm 350z 2005 with stock fet. Car feel good.
- Start playing with gear ration find out 4.5 it best for my driving style. Lap time improve to 6.78.
- Yesterday after few try still cannot brake 6.78. Then charge R1 750 at 1.4 amp with pulsa 2 (Normal pratice charge with maha 9000 at 0.8amp). Done. Best 6.67.

My next try will be all round new tire. Current tire is too small the top speed from tamiya speed checker drop from 25km/h (half worn tire) to 23km/h (almost finish tire). And of cause, fet my MR02 to 2 x 3.

Hope can get closer to ahmad record.

Guys, don't forget to try the open class lap time as well.

PS: Ahmad is always a hot lap record holder in MZD since 2010 when we have start this hot lap challenge.

Last edited by yscheong; 2011.01.13 at 04:00 AM.
yscheong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.13, 07:54 AM   #41
hrdrvr
MBMZR

It looks like Ahmad is geared way higher than me, and Eric and Chad both were last week, so I tried 14/53 yesterday. I got down to 6.984 with trp900s and the McLaren body. It is WAY faster for me than the Mosler. I want to try the 911 out on this set up, but this little Mac is going to be hard to beat I only hit one lap in the 6s, then I quit. The car is VERY consistent though. I was steadily clicking off 7.1s and 7.0s. I think I can wheel this car pretty close to the wall for 12 minutes

Ahmad, Jeff, Thanks a lot for the set up information! Helping each other out is only going to make us all faster!

Jeff, Eric is almost always our hot lap leader as well. I think he has had the fast lap on every layout we've ever had, lol. Don't let it go to your head though big guy, you don't take all the wins

We will be trying for the mod hotlap as well. I am just trying to get my 80t car ready for the long run. Until a week or so ago, I had never run an 80t, and a whole new set up is in order to get the maximum out of this little motor. Once I get it settled I will spend more time on the mod car We typically run pan cars, so my mod car is going to need some serious rebuilding to be legal for competition. We've got a race coming up at the end of Feb, and Ill be running the pan there. It may be a few months before I can compete with a GT mod car.

Thanks again for all the info! I can't wait to compare 12 minute runs

Oh yeah, Do you guys video your mains?

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.01.13, 04:31 PM   #42
hrdrvr
MBMZR

It is unfair for me to be able to walk out after work and cut a couple of laps. Chad still gets in more time than I do!! He was here practicing again tonight! His McLaren is looking good for some 70t racing Too bad it is mod for the MZRC

I cut some laps with my Mosler tonight. Changed the VDS over, made a few tweaks, and re-lubed the front and rear end. Car is on rails! I got down to a 6.652, and after I pulled the car off of the track I saw that my damper post was lose. I did the 6.6 with no rear suspension! LOL I will be tightening up that screw and hitting off some more laps tomorrow! Oh yeah, I was fidgeting with tires too, so there was also no tire tape or glue, so I may get a little tighter with that too Honestly I thought the 50t was too much for this track...but I think I can run a tad more motor still

LET's Go Racing!
Old 2011.01.13, 07:44 PM   #43
kromie101

AWESOME AWSEOME AWESOME,i love all this chatter. it's been a while sence we had this much activity. it is just killing me i cannot get on the track for another week.

LT,there needs to be a rule were you and chad cannot be on the track till race day. keep putting down the traction for me.good to see your going faster with the gt car. next time it's gonna be a 33 turn.you should here my 35t going down the straight,sounds like a turbine.it has so much rip.

yscheong,glad to have you on here with us. you can bet i will not forget the open class,that is my favorite. when we first started i just thought it was mod hotlaps and then i saw the stock hotlaps also.thats just the icing on the cake.

moz,tell the guru to slow down. does your chilie have snap,turque. i think landon has one and i remember it being insane fast.

talk to you guys on monday night,going out of town for an offroad race.
Old 2011.01.14, 01:33 AM   #44
moz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromie101 View Post
AWESOME AWSEOME AWESOME,i love all this chatter. it's been a while sence we had this much activity. it is just killing me i cannot get on the track for another week.

LT,there needs to be a rule were you and chad cannot be on the track till race day. keep putting down the traction for me.good to see your going faster with the gt car. next time it's gonna be a 33 turn.you should here my 35t going down the straight,sounds like a turbine.it has so much rip.

yscheong,glad to have you on here with us. you can bet i will not forget the open class,that is my favorite. when we first started i just thought it was mod hotlaps and then i saw the stock hotlaps also.thats just the icing on the cake.

moz,tell the guru to slow down. does your chilie have snap,turque. i think landon has one and i remember it being insane fast.

talk to you guys on monday night,going out of town for an offroad race.
chili is no match to PNWC 35
Old 2011.01.14, 07:37 AM   #45
hrdrvr
MBMZR

For me the Chilli that Serrano worked on is the fastest motor I have ever driven. It is WAY faster than my 33t or 35t motors. I think I am going ot bust out the special Stock-R to try and get a little more speed out of the corners. The 50t is pretty quick, but it is slow off the corner. It makes it easy to drive, but I only need to make one lap, lol.

LET's Go Racing!