Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > General Discussion > Setups

Old 2007.12.10, 07:00 PM   #136
pinoyboy

Send a message via AIM to pinoyboy Send a message via MSN to pinoyboy Send a message via Yahoo to pinoyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
i doubt even 20. the most we have ever run is 12 on even a large track and you had lots of traffic crashes. it's not to say others may have not run more but you quickly reach a partical cap that makes anything more just rediculous. i think the track would have to be very wide and large to hold 20 without it being impractical. it would be entertaining to atleast see video of a group trying though
This just reminded me of a video I've seen. This is with 22.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoeIGVqm-_A
Old 2007.12.10, 07:24 PM   #137
Fovea3d

Even with only 10 cars/teams it was quite busy on the CRC track in Germany during the 12h, not to mention that during a 12h enduro some cars may be slower due to end of battery pack while others are faster with fresh packs resulting in a lot of passings. 10 cars is the limit on a conventional track I guess, even though 40 cars would be amazing but would require a much much longer course to have say, an average of one car every 10 meters (and so a 400 meters/quarter mile course).

13 cars on my track (few years ago )
My mini-z collection

Last edited by Fovea3d; 2007.12.10 at 07:29 PM.
Fovea3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 08:45 PM   #138
ruf
4play

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
redundant question, has nothing to do with this event, and no, i doubt the lemans car will be sold on anything but the 2.4 chassis.
shhhh...
Mini-Z World Champions!
Reflex Racing Blog
Reflex Racing YouTube
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 08:49 PM   #139
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
You would need a specially built place to house such an amazing track. How about a 1/28 scale of Nurbergring? I'm sure I completely miss spelled that name but you know what track I'm talking about. I'd think you'd almost need a football stadium size place to house it. Plus, I can picture cameras layd out on certian point's of the tracks with monitors in front of the drivers so they can see there car when they can't see there car. Sorry, but I think that would really make for an awesome 12 hour race.

Cool video Pin, that would be highly destracting trying to keep an eye on just YOUR car! LOL! Awesome!
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 09:15 PM   #140
Fovea3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Plus, I can picture cameras layd out on certian point's of the tracks with monitors in front of the drivers so they can see there car when they can't see there car.
Just use cars with onboard cams. Cars have to be slowed down to more reasonable scale speed though. I have tried, driving a Z from the pilot seat is like driving a 5000HP dragster
This was actually driving from a PC monitor the floor below

The Nurburgring at 1/28 scale would need a surface of 250x250 yards with lanes of only 16'' wide

Sorry for the OT... but the 12h Le Mans are for next month, I know I am preparing
My mini-z collection

Last edited by Fovea3d; 2007.12.10 at 09:18 PM.
Fovea3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 09:37 PM   #141
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Nice vid Fovea, I like the begining where that car flipped out of the track!
250x250 yards huh? Still, a site to be seen! WOW! Sure is fun thinking about it ain't it?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote