Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.01.04, 02:27 PM   #76
avant
Le Zèdeur

Starting from tomorrow 12:00 CET we'll have our webcam ready - hopefully the internet-access will work reliably. No streaming - just uploading each 5 min a new pic - here's the URL :

http://www.resistance.de/microsizer/webcam.html

Cheers,

Jo
avant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.04, 04:00 PM   #77
tytooo

Hello Avant!

That's a great Idea
I hope that the wifi access will be "open" and ready
I bring my notebook with me to post news on the different forums, with picks and comments

See you soon
tytooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.05, 02:23 PM   #78
Fovea3d

Hello guys!

The Team Mini-6z is ready, just look our car

http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/mcl07-01.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/mcl07-02.jpg
http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/lumiere.jpg

Tomorow the carpet will BURN

TyToO by Fovea3d
My mini-z collection
Fovea3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.05, 02:28 PM   #79
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Is that Mclaren the Iwaver, or Kyosho? I'm asking cause I noticed it does not have any headlight detail so I'm guessing Iwaver?
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.05, 02:41 PM   #80
Fovea3d

You are alright marc, It is effectively an I-waver body.

Iwaver bodies are not so beautifull as the kyosho, but they are stronger (built on one part)
That's is good for a long race with multiple chocs

TyToO
My mini-z collection
Old 2007.01.05, 02:51 PM   #81
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

I've got a dark silver Mclaren that I raced on my GoldMember Mr02 chassis. Was nice and handled well, but I've found that the dark colors are hrad to see on the RCP tracks. I persoanlly don't like yellow cars, but I bet they are easy to spot!
Don't you also have a CRT?
Old 2007.01.05, 03:27 PM   #82
Fovea3d

Hi Marc, its Fov. I also have a dark silver mcl, I like it but yes yellow is easier to spot. No we don't have CRT cars here, it looks nice but I find them overpriced for the few parts included in the kit.
My mini-z collection
Old 2007.01.05, 03:38 PM   #83
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Oh, I thought you posted in the CRT threads about the car. So I had assumed you had one.
Is it just me, or does the dark silver Mcl look more like a brown color? I assumed it was going to be gun-metal grey when I first ordered it from T@y EST.
Old 2007.01.05, 08:27 PM   #84
Fovea3d

I posted on Lit and Epoch but none on CRT Yes maybe due to QC the dark Firelap mcl colour can quite change, in fact my first was brown like yours but the last one I got in dec tend to be blueish (sp?) with the windows almost clear.
In fact we use this
body
because we were pretty happy with our (K) orange F1 LM at the 2006 edition This year we are caring more about top speed and lightness, and so is the IW body. Also its plastic is more resilient, with the K you are risking to loose a part of the body in a crash Most drivers use VDS bodies but we just like our F1 (winner of the real 24h Le Mans race...).
I think this year 12h edition is really a particular event. We already had nice Germany-France competition on that track, now it is even better because there are 7 different nationalities fighting for the cup, we are also glad to meet Byebye and his friend from the UK. There are only missing drivers from Japan or Sweden to have a complete figure of what could be a "Mini-z Championship of the World" Its great, I better go charging my packs now, we drive in 9 hours
My mini-z collection

Last edited by Fovea3d; 2007.01.05 at 08:31 PM.
Old 2007.01.06, 12:03 AM   #85
avant
Le Zèdeur

All,

just wanted to let you know, that Jonny, byebye and the rest of the crew arrived yesterday and they are doing quite well - we just had to do some adjustments to the setup, that they will run on the right speed level ...

The webcam works quite well and the pics will be updated unregularly

Cheers,

Jo
avant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.06, 10:06 AM   #86
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
thanks for the update
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.07, 04:02 PM   #87
byebye

Team International finishes 6th place!

Sorry all for not updating. I'll tell ya if the wives weren't there we wouldn't have done so good. Three is not enough. I learned a lot about preperation, setup, durability, strategy, and my own endurance. 12 hours flew by and it was non stop action.

First I want to thanks to Jo, Mark(sp?), and the CRC crew. Also to Jonny and Gina and Kafou and also my wife Sheila and son Andrew. This is the event to be at. The track pics online don't even do it justice. The layout is very fast and easy to manage. The carpet is night and day compared to the RCP and the only preperation you can do for this event at this location is to setup a durable chassis. You really need to get practice on this track before you can even make a good decision about motor and tires. Jo was right there by our side every step of the way helping us make the right decisions when setting up our car. He helped us fine tune the radio to the car and the car to the track. This whole weekend was an unbelievable experience.

On Friday we met Kafou. Our third racer to sum up 'team international'. Kafou races with Alain and the crew in France. From the performance I saw on Saturday I can't believe that he wasn't picked up by another team. In my opinion this guy could do this professionaly. We started with an x-speed in a bb can and 8t pinion. Kyosho 20 rears were useless on the carpet track. We used Atomic AW groove 10deg rears and Atomic 20 aw groove fronts. The x-speed just wasn't giving us the top speed we needed on the straight so we decided to run an atomic stock. We hooked it up and there was zero response. Jonny had a Atomic awd stock and we dropped it in. With that and the 2x2 FET stack w9t pinion we were in great shape. The car would scream down the straight and was very fast through the sweepers.

As much as I'd like to say we came home with the cup, sadly we did not . However we did manage to go from last place down by ~50-80 to 8th place to 6th place by the end of the race. Kafou, managed to grab the fastest lap of 10.10sec in the first couple hours and ~4-5 hours later broke his record with a lightning 9.83sec lap. I think only a couple of the local racers have managed to get into the 9's. Base on our over all average had we not had so many problems for the first our we could have easily been some where in the top 5.

We had gremlins 5 min. from race start . There was no throttle, the damper screws were loose and after about an hour of fooling around we figured out the atomic motors do not have a good connection to the brushes from the factory. We didn't have any problem during practice on Friday. Once the motor problem was sorted we were smooth sailing and were gaining fast. The first hour was horrible and I was ready to give up. I think at the point of figuring out the motor problem I was at my whits end with this car. Once it survived a couple of hard impacts I knew we had the real problem sorted and we could begin our fight to climb up the ladder.

At the "eleventh hour" we could all see the light at the end of the tunnel. Kafou was first 20min of 11pm with Jonny next and myself finishing the race. It all seemed so sureal. There we were 11 hours later. I never thought I would even be at the event racing with so many great people. With only two more battery changes left I didn't really want it to end.......then the inevitable happened.

A glitch in the timing system ended the race . At 11:15 we were stopped. The lap timer was cleared and no laps were showing. Kafou jumped down from the racer stands and quickly grabbed the car to wipe the tires off then poppeda a squat. Then in German, Jo was yelling out somthing and BAM! the race began again. Kafou quickly ran back to the racers stands and started up. In the last 45 min. we managed to finish 3rd with less than 20 laps seperating us and first place. In a way it really I was really glad we got the restart. It showed the true potential of the car and our driving ability with only a full day of practice on the track.

Next year I can only hope that I can attend the event again. I can say that I will know what to do to prepare and would be able to walk on knowing that I would be absolutely sure we would do better.

Pics and video coming soon.

-Byebye

Last edited by byebye; 2007.01.07 at 04:10 PM.
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.07, 05:44 PM   #88
Jonny

Thumbs down Team International

Hi Kris and Kafou (and the rest of the CRC Le Mans drivers),

Thanks for the writeup Kris.

I'd like to say a big THANKS to the team, Kris and Kafou you were both top notch throughout the enitre period. Our ladies were also a huge backbone for the event and helped enormously with too many jobs to mention!

We worked really well together, even from the beginning and all our troubles with the race car. We lost an hour performing critical surgery in the pits all together so our 6th place was a fantastic fight back Kris and I were quite honestly amazed at Kafou's driving ability, super cool and I think he could drive anything well without a second thought...

As you mentioned Kris, so much was learned during the event that can be put to good use for the future, how could we possibly have prepared for the experience we all had?!

I'd like to thank the guys for putting on such a professional and well organised event and Jo, I really appreciate all your help from the very beginning to the very end - you made us so welcome and I only hope that someday we can repay the favour. We owe you and Marc one for being so hospitable during our stay.

This is THE race to be at for sure and we're already planning next year

Jonny

Last edited by Jonny; 2007.01.07 at 05:47 PM.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.08, 06:26 AM   #89
Sviny

Hi byeby, Hi Jonny,

this is Sviny from CRC Team. Nice documentation of the race. I'm pretty sure that next time (we all hope the that you join us again next time) to win the race we have to beat Team International ;-)

It was a pleassure to meet you and your families. I hope to you see you again - whenever it is possible.

Best regards and greetings from a rainy germany
Sviny - Pizza translator ;-)
Sviny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.08, 08:25 AM   #90
Jonny

Talking It was a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sviny
Hi byeby, Hi Jonny,

this is Sviny from CRC Team. Nice documentation of the race. I'm pretty sure that next time (we all hope the that you join us again next time) to win the race we have to beat Team International ;-)

It was a pleassure to meet you and your families. I hope to you see you again - whenever it is possible.

Best regards and greetings from a rainy germany
Sviny - Pizza translator ;-)
Hi Sviny,

It was great to meet you and all of the racers at the CRC - now that we have some experience we hope to not have any major problems next year

And yes, thank goodness for your pizza translation, we really need to learn some new languages for next time! And Gina and Sheila are really glad that they didn't end up with a 'mice' sandwich

We will be back as soon as we can for more racing and hopefully we will also go to Fovea3D's meeting around March of this year (and another trip to the CRC!)

It is definitely raining here in the UK also

Bye for now,

Jonny

Last edited by Jonny; 2007.01.08 at 08:50 AM.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote