Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2007.01.10, 11:55 AM   #1
hrdrvr
MBMZR

ordered a Firelap 2.0

so after seeing them mentioned in some threads around here, and wanting to get a 98mm chasis (but not wanting to sped $130 on a MR02) i bit the bullet and bought one.

its coming from over seas so wont be here until next week (or the next), but i have all intentions of posting a review if any one is interested.

shipping was a bit high coming from overseas, but i still got out for $90 with an extra body and some extra crystal sets. thats a considerable amount cheaper than a mini Z, so i expect quality to be a subsatantial amount worse also. if its better than an xmod, ill be happy id like to cycle them out of my collection, but still want to be able to run a bunch of different set ups (which takes a bunch of cars ).

let me know if there is anything specific i can look for, or anything in particular you are interested in seeing compared directly. i currently have a 94mm RM, but have access to MMs for side by side pics, if any one is interested in that.

we have a decent carpet track, so ill be doing extensive track testing and comparisons. most of the guys that run around here run stock, so ill have a few different controls to judge against (stock 010s, stock MMs and stock RMs).
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.11, 12:42 PM   #2
Mini-Me-Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr
so after seeing them mentioned in some threads around here, and wanting to get a 98mm chasis (but not wanting to sped $130 on a MR02) i bit the bullet and bought one.

its coming from over seas so wont be here until next week (or the next), but i have all intentions of posting a review if any one is interested.

shipping was a bit high coming from overseas, but i still got out for $90 with an extra body and some extra crystal sets. thats a considerable amount cheaper than a mini Z, so i expect quality to be a subsatantial amount worse also. if its better than an xmod, ill be happy id like to cycle them out of my collection, but still want to be able to run a bunch of different set ups (which takes a bunch of cars ).

let me know if there is anything specific i can look for, or anything in particular you are interested in seeing compared directly. i currently have a 94mm RM, but have access to MMs for side by side pics, if any one is interested in that.

we have a decent carpet track, so ill be doing extensive track testing and comparisons. most of the guys that run around here run stock, so ill have a few different controls to judge against (stock 010s, stock MMs and stock RMs).
I'm very interested in hearing about this...definitely keep us posted!
Mini-Me-Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.11, 02:16 PM   #3
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
You could have just gotten a Kyosho MR02 chassis set for about 90 dollars as well. But if you don't have a transmitter, I guess the Iwaver's way to go.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.14, 05:37 PM   #4
hrdrvr
MBMZR

i have a tx, but not nearly as nice as the one that comes with this RTR. ive only got the stock kopropo remote. i also got two bodies and two extra sets of crystals (to have matching crystals for all of my cars and not have to switch out). i was really interested in the quality of the bodies, and ive been wanting an enzo, and an F1 for quite some time. itll be worth the $90 just to see a good quality comparison with my own eyes.

ill be sure to post lots of pics and the best info i can when it comes in. i cant remember the exact day i placed the order, but by their shipping estimates i should get it late next week, or the following monday.
Old 2007.01.15, 01:04 PM   #5
machine
learning the hard way

The Firelap bodies are awsome. depending on what wheels your running you may have to sand a few points, but the are tough as nails! It's all i race with as they dont come off or break.

I'd like to see what your new kits is like as well!
Old 2007.01.16, 08:52 AM   #6
hrdrvr
MBMZR

sanding a few spots isnt a big deal. im getting anxious. the shipping said 7-14 days. the 24th is the definate deliver by date (14th day), so maybe ill get it this week
Old 2007.01.17, 12:39 PM   #7
TinRacers

Iwaver 02M - Launched!

OK! I've been looking forward to this for over a year now. First thing I would like to say is that it was worth the wait. We received the new Iwaver 02M today - Our first sample shipment as Iwaver distributors in South Africa. From the word go I could tell that this was going to be a great RTR set. Lots of 1/28 groundbreaking stuff! The FM radio with 3-model memory is simple and quick to set-up... and the RC board on the car is dead stable. The eccelleration, stearing and braking is as smooth as silk. The car's stearing centres dead-on out of every corner.... and runs in a line as traight as an arrow. Exponential stearing/throttle - right on the button with three pre-programmed settings. Digital trimming - as accurate as can be. ABS braking - quick to enable/disable during a race with a single-button thum-click. The car itself is just way ahead of the pack - and yes, I mean all of the 1/28 brands out there. I've been racing 1/28 for three years now and the 02M is going to take the track and the market by storm. It has all the features you need to get set-up for taking the lead - flat chassis plate - seperate steering servo with normal 3-pin socket - plug-and-play motor change - great new steering ti-rod design and a rear suspension system you will find on 1/10 and 1/8 scale. The great thing about this new design is that you could easely rip out the battery housing and pc board... and replace with LiPo batteries, micro reciever and speed control after installing the graphite chassis plate and tray. All the aluminum upgrade parts are also available - total new front/rear end upgrades on that graphite chassis! Possibly the greatest news is the price tag - should be around USD109.00 for the RTR. The standard servo is a little slow, but could easily be replaced with what-you-have or need. All in all this car will rule 1/28 racing very soon!
TinRacers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.17, 01:10 PM   #8
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Sweet, how do the bodies look and can you get for me the Mini Cooper S? I can send you payment via PayPal real soon.
I have the MR015HM Mini-Z with Kyosho's red Mini Cooper, but I really want to get Iwaver's white Mini Cooper S.
How's the detail on the bodies compared to their original ones?

Last edited by marc; 2007.01.17 at 01:18 PM.
Old 2007.01.17, 01:19 PM   #9
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinRacers
OK! I've been looking forward to this for over a year now. First thing I would like to say is that it was worth the wait. We received the new Iwaver 02M today - Our first sample shipment as Iwaver distributors in South Africa. From the word go I could tell that this was going to be a great RTR set. Lots of 1/28 groundbreaking stuff! The FM radio with 3-model memory is simple and quick to set-up... and the RC board on the car is dead stable. The eccelleration, stearing and braking is as smooth as silk. The car's stearing centres dead-on out of every corner.... and runs in a line as traight as an arrow. Exponential stearing/throttle - right on the button with three pre-programmed settings. Digital trimming - as accurate as can be. ABS braking - quick to enable/disable during a race with a single-button thum-click. The car itself is just way ahead of the pack - and yes, I mean all of the 1/28 brands out there. I've been racing 1/28 for three years now and the 02M is going to take the track and the market by storm. It has all the features you need to get set-up for taking the lead - flat chassis plate - seperate steering servo with normal 3-pin socket - plug-and-play motor change - great new steering ti-rod design and a rear suspension system you will find on 1/10 and 1/8 scale. The great thing about this new design is that you could easely rip out the battery housing and pc board... and replace with LiPo batteries, micro reciever and speed control after installing the graphite chassis plate and tray. All the aluminum upgrade parts are also available - total new front/rear end upgrades on that graphite chassis! Possibly the greatest news is the price tag - should be around USD109.00 for the RTR. The standard servo is a little slow, but could easily be replaced with what-you-have or need. All in all this car will rule 1/28 racing very soon!
I should be able to PayPal at least 150-160 dollars for a white Mini Cooper S ready set and all option parts available. If it costs more than that to get one with all blue aluminum, front and rear suspension parts, and all carbon fiber parts, please let me know total cost. I'd love to get one ASAP. If you can order those items for me, that would be great!

Last edited by marc; 2007.01.17 at 01:45 PM.
Old 2007.01.17, 02:56 PM   #10
hrdrvr
MBMZR

TinRacers,
thanks for the info, but the thread is supposed to be my review of a firelap 2.0, not an announcement that you have Iwaivers. i think there would be interested parties in the information you posted, but here is not the place. a thread of your own would get good attention im sure.

marc,
sounds like you may be getting ready to get yourself set up. thats all good, but again not the purpose of this thread. please if you guys have any more business to conduct, do it in your own thread or via email.

thanks guys

ACTUAL THREAD UPDATE

i had a few things coming in this week (some xmods wheels, a custom motor, etc...) i wanted all of it sent to my office. low and behold yesterday when i got home from work there was a note saying i had a package at the PO. i assumed one of the other guys got my home address off of the paypal and sent them there instead. i thought no biggie[, ill go get them tommorrow. well i go to pick up my xmod wheels today at lunch, and there was my package from ....... the store i bought it from (almost let that slip ).

ive opened it up. ive got pics of the packaging (from store and FL) and all the components. at first glance im happy with the purchase, and i cant believe it got here in 6 days!! passing over a weekend too!!!!

ive got the controller set up and at 4:00 (9 minutes) we uncover the track and race. itll get the full overview today. hopefully i can get the pics downsized and uploaded tonight. if i do ill have tons of pics to flood the thread with tommorrow

anything specific anyone can think of me checking out, LMK. if youve been wondering about these things, now is your time to get your Qs answered!

BTW, i plugged a matching crystal into the Tx, and it runs my miniZ flawlessly!

more info to come......

Last edited by hrdrvr; 2007.01.17 at 03:00 PM.
Old 2007.01.17, 03:30 PM   #11
machine
learning the hard way

Awesome to finally get something you've been waiting for!

Too bad about the thread jackers, seems to me that that post should be cleanzed as it sounds like some one selling something.....
Old 2007.01.17, 05:53 PM   #12
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Sorry, I kind of thought Iwaver and Firelap were the same. My apologies. I was simply replying to the Iwaver post. Is the Firelap any good for cheap chassis?
Old 2007.01.17, 06:25 PM   #13
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
i ask that threads stick to topic but it's an uphill battle at times
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.17, 10:06 PM   #14
hrdrvr
MBMZR

machine,
i love getting stuff im waiting for. i cant believe they all came yesterday. i wish i could have been home to grab this one though. id like to be 24 hours ahead of what i am now as far as the jacking, its all good. theyve got to get their plugs somewhere

marc,
no harm no foul. i just didnt want the thread to get too carried away. im under the impression Firelap is a subsidary or division of Iwaiver. im not 100% sure though. i know there are differences between the earlier Iwaivers and Firelaps though. im pretty sure there is still a difference. they get sold with different Txs, i believe, and command different pricing. the guy up there is advertising $109 for an IW02. i got mine for $90 with an extra body, extra crystals, and shipped from the other side of the world.

for now ill go ahead and say that its worth the money. tommorrow i will post up my complete thoughts. i need a little more time to get the pics and post together.

arch,
its a common thing among all forums i tend to ignore it in others threads. getting in a debate about what is 'topic' is just another way to jack, IMO. ignoring is the way most of the time. not to stray any further, but just to let you know, i think this is one of the better moderatd forums i visit. i enjoy browsing here more than other places for that reason. the OT and bashing is at a minumum compared here. its much easier on the eyes to not have to sift through that stuff for decent info.

so after giving flack about jacking, then posting an OT rant, im going to go to bed
Old 2007.01.17, 11:00 PM   #15
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
no, problem and thank you. it's always nice to hear one is doing a good job

i do look forward to long term reliability reports so keep the info coming
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote