Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2011.01.26, 09:32 PM   #1
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

High Speed Hobbies - Reflex Club Series

Next Thursday, Feb 3, we will kick off our first Reflex Club Series race at High Speed with the LM cars! More info for the Reflex Club Series here:
http://www.reflexracingclubseries.blogspot.com/

The Series will give you something to race for besides the admiration of your fellow racers and James posting a picture of you on MZR as Yoda. Every participant in the Series will get 10% off on Reflex brand products. At the end of the 6 race series the overall points leader will get a $30.00 gift certificate for more Reflex goodies, also, some lucky participant will receive a $20.00 certificate in a random draw!

The only change to our current LM mod motor program will be the lengthening of the mains to 15 minutes, this will actually give an “endurance” flavor to the class. The LM qualifying heats will remain 4 minutes, not 5 as stated in the blog and the qualifiers will be started in our normal heads up format, unless popular demand (and the lady running the computer) decide to try staggered starts.

As stated on the Reflex blog we will run 6 races (every other Thursday with our normal, weekly Stock class) and decide a Champ for the Series. Each racer will be scored for his best 5 races, you can miss a race with no penalty. We may look at running one or more of the Series races on a Saturday at an alternate location for exposure.

Thanks to Reflex Racing for supporting local 1/28th scale racing, I look forward to some more great racing at High Speed!
Old 2011.01.27, 07:01 AM   #2
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Sounds awesome Pedro!! I think we may try and work out an RR sereis over here as well. We try to do a lot of travelling as a group, and are involved in another series right now, but I like how CT doesnt hold you to a schedule! The 6 member minimum is what is hurting us right now. That's all we have, so if one person can't make it....

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.27, 07:18 AM   #3
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

i reread the rules and did not see a 6 member limit. i did see a 6 race series. not sure if i overlooked it our you read wrong. let me know whos blind
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.27, 11:25 AM   #4
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

CT's post (#5) in the Reflex Club Series thread:

"With that, I would say that there would have to be a 6 participant minimum to receive the 50 dollar gift certificate for the winner. But 3 participants is enough for the club to receive the discount"

It seems if they all register, and maybe miss a race or two, you are still eligible.
Old 2011.01.27, 12:13 PM   #5
CristianTabush

Landon, exceptions can be made All this states is that if a club does not have 6 members, then you are not eligible for the 50$ prize. You are still able to participate and still receive the 10% discount though.

With that, MBMZR has been a friend of Reflex for a long time, so even in the event that you can't muster up 6 for a series (if it was 5 only) Reflex would still put the prize package together for you guys.

The reason why there is a minimum member requirement is so that people that simply just have a track with no members can enter, but will not become eligible for the 50$ prize. This way, if they perhaps want the prize, maybe they'll recruit more people.

Pedro, I am excited that you guys are on board. I think you will all have a ton of fun. I have not forgotten about the points table for you, I am working on it, it just has been way hectic around here.
http://www.reflexracing net
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.27, 12:17 PM   #6
chad508
PN Racing Team Driver

thanks pedro and ct. i spoke with landon about this earlier and its something we want to do but it may just take us longer to run the 6 race series. we tend to get more racers every other week, so we could do it by the rules just at a slower pace.
MBMZR
DG Designs
chad508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.28, 06:07 AM   #7
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Remember, this coming Thursday is the first race of the High Speed Le Mans Series! Unfortunately I will be immediately putting myself behind the eight ball 'cause I can't make it, family commitment. I look forward to getting in on the next one. Being that we race LM every other week it will take us nearly 3 months to get through our LM Series. If this first one goes well we will look at running another concurrently or directly thereafter. We may also look at running a round or two at the Hobbytown Mooresville track if we get that going.

Thanks CT.
Old 2011.01.28, 02:12 PM   #8
hrdrvr
MBMZR

Thanks for the info CT. I will keep that in mind as we further discuss setting something up with you Your continued support of me, and my racing club has had a major impact on the sport in our area. I will continue to support you and RR as much as possible! I totally understand the reasoning behind the minimums and all. It could get very expensive for you if every three person group in america could take advantage of your series. That's part of the reason I haven't persued it just yet. I would rather recruit a few more people, and do it up right! In the mean time, Chad and I have been kicking around some ideas, and I think we will be in sooner than I may have originally thought.

Either way, lets let Pedro have his spot on the forum back.

Good luck HS guys! Can't wait to see the results of a 15 minute main from your crew!!

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.01.28, 02:35 PM   #9
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdrvr View Post
Can't wait to see the results of a 15 minute main from your crew!!
Lap counts should be three figures...
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011.04.19, 04:00 PM   #10
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

See the first post! Marwan, the "LM King" gets a $30 certificate. All the rest of the racers who participated in the series, minus Marwan, get their name in a hat and a draw is made for the remaining $20. This could be done this Thursday, April 21, winner need not be present to win.
Old 2011.04.19, 04:02 PM   #11
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

What's our next series going to be? F1? CanAm? Mosler Spec Stock? (we have that already!) dNaNo-Kart?
Old 2011.04.20, 04:27 AM   #12
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocamp View Post
Marwan, the "LM King" gets a $30 certificate.

Quote:
All the rest of the racers who participated in the series, minus Marwan.

Quote:
, get their name in a hat and a draw is made for the remaining $20.
I hope Albert gets it!

Quote:
What's our next series going to be? F1? CanAm? Mosler Spec Stock? (we have that already!) dNaNo-Kart?
Last week Wade proposed 70T Pan. He also proposed running the reflex series race every 3rd week so we can continue to run Stock&LM and Stock&F1 the other 2 weeks. I really liked this idea!
Old 2011.04.20, 05:54 AM   #13
pedrocamp
Ain'tSoldEm

Why are all stock/70T?
Old 2011.04.20, 07:30 AM   #14
Traveler
of both Time and Space

Let me clarrify before James sees this

The idea of a three week rotation allows us to run:

Week 1 - GT2 & LMP1
Week 2 - GT2 & F1
Week 3 - GT2 & New RR Class
Week 4 - Repeat above

When we picked LMP1 as our RR class for the 1st series, it didn't change our regular class rotation because we were running LM already. If we go with a new class for the RR 2nd Series, the 3 week rotation will allow us to run our regular classes and the RR class. Hope this is more clear
Old 2011.04.20, 11:44 AM   #15
cosmicsoul
The Mad Mexican

I hope I get it! Or Lincoln! Or James! Or Kyler! If none of us win then I hope Albert gets it!

Just a thought, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but why not try running some of the classes that are going to be run for this years PN regional. Or maybe a CT70 turn class in support of Reflex Racing!

I like the rotation of everything. Like Pedro said why not change some of the motors. Let the rules be the same just instead of 70 turn say 50 turn and 80 turn or CT 70turn.

What about a 90mm hatchback class!