Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Mini-ZRacer.com Mini-Z Dojo, Ann Arbor MI

Old 2007.01.22, 09:31 PM   #1
hobbycar

Mini-ZRacer.com Event: 1/26/2007, Ann Arbor, MI (actually Ypsilanti, MI)

Another fun Ann Arbor Mini-Z GTG on Friday January 26, 2007. So bring your Mini-Zs, Iwavers, XMods, and Epochs, etc.

New people welcome! Everyone is friendly and helpful and we have lots of fun!

Please bring $10 to cover the cost of the race night (one fee for the whole night of practice and racing - a great value).

The event starts at 7pm and is in Ypsilanti, MI (just southeast of Ann Arbor). The address is:
4160 Morgan Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Maps Google link

NOTE: Morgan is a dirt road between Carpenter and Michigan Ave.

4160 is behind the 4130 building and note to use the door to 4160 on the backside (southside) of the 4160 building.

------------------------------------------
Get your orders into http://Shop.TinyRC.com early and you can choose to pickup it up at the GTG this Friday to save on shipping costs.

Post here to let us know what time you plan to come and what time you need to leave.

------------------------------------------

We have starting HFAY OLPS Season 3!

We will be doing HFAY OLPS Season 3 Race #2 (which is the same as Race #1 except we'll be going counter-clockwise).

-hobbycar
hobbycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.22, 09:38 PM   #2
hobbycar

SVT-Racer and Mazda787b, I saw your posts in the other thread and hope to see both of you guys there on Friday. SVT-Racer that Robitronic Scalpel 1/18th car looked pretty cool. Do you have one?

I've got my MR-02 upgraded to the HFAY OLPS legal 3010 FETs after getting blown away in Race 1. Plus I've got my F1 and mod AWD setup and ready for RCP racing. So it should be a fun night.

Plus if anyone else is interested I'll bring my extra MR-01 for them to use.

Hopefully we'll get things done earlier this Friday. I'm going to have to leave by 1am because I've got basketball games early on Saturday mornings now. And if we can get HFAY out of the way by 10:30 that'll leave plenty of time to do a bigger track like this (except maybe we'll do a longer straight):

-hobbycar

Last edited by hobbycar; 2007.01.22 at 09:40 PM.
Old 2007.01.22, 10:47 PM   #3
Mazda787b

Can't make it for this Friday, I am shooting for the next GTG. I still gotta built a battery and get the shell painted.

So the HFAY portion is usually finished pretty early? If it usually gets done before 11 now, I would definately want to do that again. I know I've said it before, but it was the most fun I've ever had racing. As soon as hockey is over and whatever, it owuld be fun to start back up.

Just so you know, here is the link to the M18 I am building for Techno:

http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforu...read.php?t=828
Old 2007.01.23, 07:55 AM   #4
hobbycar

Mazda787b, bummer you can't make it this time. Hopefully you'll make it out in the future.

Hippo, glad to hear you'll be coming again. Here's some links for stuff in the Shop for your MA-010 AWD:
PN Mini-Z MA-010 Alloy Motor Heatsink Cover - Orange #17686 (Best Heatsink IMHO - it's the one I use on all of my AWD cars)
Atomic Mini-Z MA-010 Ball Bearing Set #17921

-hobbycar
Old 2007.01.23, 10:21 AM   #5
crazybenz
crazybenz

I'll be there but it will be around midnight. do you think I can get in a race for hfay?
I also upgraded my mr02 to 3010 fet. what a difference!
Old 2007.01.23, 11:06 AM   #6
onrailz

Totally looking forward to Friday, I took the whole day off cuz it's my Bday. I'm gonna see about getting Vaughn out this time which should be possible cuz I'll be with him all day. I also wanted to invite everyone out to Buffalo Wild Wings downtown Ann Arbor at around 5pm on this Friday before racing. I'll be down there with my family and Vaughn. Let me know if you need more info or help with directions!

-Chuckie
onrailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.23, 06:38 PM   #7
will3kgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by onrailz
Totally looking forward to Friday, I took the whole day off cuz it's my Bday. I'm gonna see about getting Vaughn out this time which should be possible cuz I'll be with him all day. I also wanted to invite everyone out to Buffalo Wild Wings downtown Ann Arbor at around 5pm on this Friday before racing. I'll be down there with my family and Vaughn. Let me know if you need more info or help with directions!

-Chuckie
Happy Birthday man! I'll try and make it out there for your B-day
I also had my 3010 FETS put in today by my buddy. (You know I'd mess it up ) I have my friend's & his father's Micro-T that I'm bringing for trade offers. One Micro-T has an extra battery, 2 spare motors, extra diff, 2 full transmissions, 2 screw sets, extra connectors, spare A arms F/R,knuckles, C hubs, rear hubs, front bulkhead, extra dogbones, 2 servo saver sets, extra front steering linkages, and BEARINGS. His father's is stock with bearings. You can talk to them by phone when I get there if interested.
will3kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.23, 09:14 PM   #8
svt-racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onrailz

-Chuckie

Happy Birthday in advance Chuck! If I get a chance to get out early enough I may stop by. I also invited Jason to join us this Friday for some good mini racing. He is on board and ready to support. He plans to get a mini-z AWD this Friday at the track and get it setup to race with us. This is way too cool. The group is starting to grow. Looking forward to the meet with you guys again for some fun racing!
svt-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.23, 10:06 PM   #9
hobbycar

Yo Chuck, Happy Birthday! January is a great month to have a birthday (mine was last week)

I wish I could make it to Buffalo Wild Wings but I hope you have fun with family and friends before throwing it down with us at the AA GTG afterwards

Sounds like we'll have a good showing this Friday.

Hey Will, I'm interested in the Micro-Ts. What are they looking for as far as trades? I have the following:
MOD MR-01 (2x2 4652 FET stack) with alloy parts, carbon H-Plate and ball diff that's been setup for running on RCP.
Stock MR-01 with gray Mercedes CLK body in good condition
Stock MR-01 with either a new BMW Z body or Ferrari 360 body that has been used and has no rear window.
I also have an XMod that someone gave me as part of a trade that I don't know much about.

Well I'm really looking forward to Friday!

-hobbycar

Last edited by hobbycar; 2007.01.24 at 07:42 AM.
Old 2007.01.23, 10:39 PM   #10
Mazda787b

If Josh isn't working and has to drive out there to pick up his check I may talk him into stopping by. I just can't run the car until I get the motor tuned, battery built, and a body shell.

Is there going to be a Micro-T class, or is it going to stay all Zs? I've seen people rigging up F1 wheels/tires on their Micro-Ts now. Seems to work pretty well.
Old 2007.01.23, 11:32 PM   #11
onrailz

Yeah Cool! Sounds like a big, really cool group! I think it's great that we're attracting not only new racers but a really good quality of new racers! We're going to have a ball this season!

Hope you can make it Will, I can even meet you at the track early (since you for sure know where that is!) and you can ride w/ me downtown to save you from any directions or parking hassle if that helps. You got my #, call me if you'd like to do that!
onrailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.24, 07:42 AM   #12
hobbycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda787b
Is there going to be a Micro-T class, or is it going to stay all Zs? I've seen people rigging up F1 wheels/tires on their Micro-Ts now. Seems to work pretty well.
We are looking to expand on the classes and scales we race. For sure we are doing HFAY OLPS (stock Mini-Z) races. In addition to this we are looking to doing an open Mod class for 1/28th scale as well as the Mini-Z F1s.

If there are a lot of people with Micro-Ts (which it looks like there may be) we would look into adding dedicated races for them. Possibly another race night other than the every-other-Friday Mini-Z race nights we are already doing right now. It all depends on the demand. Here is a thread were we are discussing possible other races: http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23829

-hobbycar
Old 2007.01.24, 10:54 AM   #13
crazybenz
crazybenz

Happy Birthday Chuck!
I should have taken this Friday off instead of the last GTG. I hope Vaughn can show up, that would be cool.

Count me in on the other day of racing for the Micro T if it happens. I was up pretty late last night driving the one I got yesterday, and found that the little cover on the box makes a great ramp! I'm gonna try making a whoop section out of a paper towel roll and see how that goes.

I put the atomic universal shafts in my awd and they are as smooth as butta. I knew the stock ones binded a little, but after the install, found they binded alot! woohoo extra bat-tree life and probably cooler motor!
sweet

Last edited by crazybenz; 2007.01.24 at 11:00 AM.
crazybenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.01.24, 11:34 AM   #14
hobbycar

Looks like everyone will have a Micro-T (David says he's getting one soon) so make sure to bring them.

Plus we have the RCP Tiles with ramps built in which should be perfect for the Micro-T.

The shop will definitely be ordering the Atomic Micro-T parts Check them out http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules...hp?storyid=226
Wheel Shafts, Oil Shocks and more

-hobbycar
Old 2007.01.24, 12:00 PM   #15
Draconious

Send a message via AIM to Draconious Send a message via Yahoo to Draconious
With the RCP track buy or make replacement Micro-T steering links... cuz they WILL break.. just a matter of first lap or second lap The ones I made out of soda bottle plastic work great... and as I said before works like a servo saver / impact absorber