Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts

Go Back   Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Multimedia > Gallery

Old 2005.09.24, 01:52 PM   #1
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
Migrating from OLD gallery to NEW gallery

ok, after much searching and hope, there is no easy way to migrate....

All members with galleries in the EXISTING/OLD gallery site please login to the NEW gallery site. the new site uses your forum login and password.

i need you to do a few things for me.....
1. upload one (1) image. it can be anything, it's just to hold the gallery open.
2. post here listing your forum name showing me that you have done this, preferably with a link to the new gallery. this is so i can go in and move your images from the old to the new for you.
3. if your really nice you can re-create all the subcategories (what were nested albums) withing your new gallery just to make it easier for me. you might have to have atleast one (1) image in each category for it so show up or be visible?. i don't expect anyone or everyone to do this but it would speed the move over up alot.
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.24, 02:34 PM   #2
saiyan
BooYa!!

Okay arch2b i posted some pics in the new gallery section, but did not see where to create folders?
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.24, 02:39 PM   #3
arch2b

the new site no longer uses the same structure which can be very confusing, trust me instead of a folder tree type structure it uses categories, etc.

btw, i am downloading the old gallery so if you if you add anything to the old gallery after today it will not make the move.....
Old 2005.09.24, 02:51 PM   #4
saiyan
BooYa!!

That's kewl, i'll wait to upload any new pics until later.
Kamehamehaaaaa!!!!!! Rallye racers are the originators of drift Speedchannel on-line rocks!!
saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.25, 09:02 AM   #5
Wedginator

Send a message via ICQ to Wedginator Send a message via MSN to Wedginator
ok arch, the link to my album is http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...500&ppuser=179

i think...
Wedginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.25, 12:01 PM   #6
arch2b

ok, to amke it more confusing.... it looks like members will have to recreate thier sub albums in their new member galleries on the new site. i can not find a way to add new albums within member galleries

you can add new albums within your member gallery within the 'album admin' menu. to the top left you will see 'add album'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg add album.jpg (344.1 KB, 29 views)
Old 2005.09.25, 01:22 PM   #7
TNB
Pet Human

I created what appears to be the "main" album or Gallery as in the old:
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...00&ppuser=2468

Within the new gallery, I've created the same albums I originally had set up in the old gallery shown in the signature below.

However, it appears that I am unable to create "nested" albums within those albums. For example, when I clicked on the RCP Track album in the new gallery and attempted to create a nested album, it took me right back to the "regular" Album screen. Does this also mean there will be no more albums within albums?
Old 2005.09.25, 01:34 PM   #8
arch2b

i'm looking for that option.....

the file structure is very different on the new gallery.

Last edited by arch2b; 2005.09.25 at 01:43 PM.
Old 2005.09.25, 03:54 PM   #9
Wedginator

Send a message via ICQ to Wedginator Send a message via MSN to Wedginator
will the stuff in the old gallery be deleted? if so when?
Wedginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.25, 04:57 PM   #10
arch2b

it appears users can not create sub/sub or nested albums.

the OLD gallery will remain for an indefinate period of time. as of now, i do not know of any plans to delete the OLD gallery.

that being said, all new member albums are being done on the NEW gallery so it's only a matter of time before the OLD gallery simply gets transitioned out due to membership turnover, etc.

i will do my best to move all the old and un-used galleries from the OLD gallery to the NEW gallery however that will be on convience time frame. i don't want to loose any of the member galleries wheither or not the member is currently active or not.

it also appears the best way to migrate really is for the member to re create thier galleries i know this sucks, especially for those of us who have very extensive galleries but it's the best way to ensure it's done to your liking. i tried uploading one and it just dumps everything into the gallery which then has to be moved into sub albums etc.
Old 2005.09.26, 02:10 PM   #11
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I have created a new gallery: http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery...r=4944&cat=500

Thanks Arch
EMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.26, 04:49 PM   #12
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
Arch-

I'd like to re-build my album since I didn't know about nested albums when I set it up. Basically I have a bunch of photos in the main album that I'd like to re-organize into nested albums- however, the only delete option I can find is for nested albums only- and that's for the full album, not individual pics.

Is it possible for you to delete my entire album so I can start over? (or show me where I can delete individual photos...)

Thanks.

My Gallery
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.26, 05:33 PM   #13
Ken Mifune
2-Z or not 2-Z...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch2b
...i tried uploading one and it just dumps everything into the gallery which then has to be moved into sub albums etc.
That's cool with me. Give it the full dump. I'll organize it into sub albums. Get to it when you can. Thanks in advance Arch.
Old 2005.09.26, 05:41 PM   #14
bolter9
How're YOU doin?

Send a message via Yahoo to bolter9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Mifune
That's cool with me. Give it the full dump. I'll organize it into sub albums. Get to it when you can. Thanks in advance Arch.
Ok, maybe I'm just missing out on how to move pictures from the main gallery into sub galleries....

My Gallery
bolter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005.09.26, 06:42 PM   #15
arch2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolter9
Arch-

I'd like to re-build my album since I didn't know about nested albums when I set it up. Basically I have a bunch of photos in the main album that I'd like to re-organize into nested albums- however, the only delete option I can find is for nested albums only- and that's for the full album, not individual pics.

Is it possible for you to delete my entire album so I can start over? (or show me where I can delete individual photos...)

Thanks.
click on the image, click on edit photo and you will see an option for delete photo.... take that back... i don't think you can but i can so i'll just dump as in delete everything in there for you

Last edited by arch2b; 2005.09.26 at 06:52 PM.