Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.04.30, 06:40 PM   #1
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Send a message via AIM to marc Send a message via MSN to marc
Setting up RCP track at home

Hello there. I just measured my back deck. It is about 14 feet wide, and over 30 feet long. What's the best RCP track I can comfortably set up in this space? I want plenty of walk around room, I want half technical and I want some good long steights. Any suggestions? Is there a track-builder on line where I can arrange thing's and see how it'll fit?
I figured dad's not useing the deck, we never use the deck, so why not set up a track there? Only issue is Colorado weather. Will have to be either covered up some how, or taken apart and put away when weather is bad.
I know I can fit the starter kit Mini 96 on that space right? What else would you recommend? I despertaly want a track at home to use for practicing and prepping my car's between race day's. That, and it'll give me something to do.
I personally would love to enclose the deck to keep the track permanent, but well, you know.
marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.30, 06:49 PM   #2
briankstan

you can fit 2 wide L's pretty easily. you need 13' wide to make the most of it.

Most of the HFAY tracks will fit in that area.
Old 2008.04.30, 06:52 PM   #3
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Here's a picture of my back deck.

This is the ONLY place at home of which I can set up something like this. Dad and I never use the space so why not? Should I try and get the Mini-96 before getting a Dnano?

Last edited by marc; 2008.04.30 at 06:55 PM.
Old 2008.04.30, 09:58 PM   #4
Shadow Runner
Best Registered User

Didn't you already get a dNaNo? Anyway, if you get a mini-96 you'll probably want to get the expansion (I did) for those dNaNos you'll have racing on them. Thats totaling $300. To me it sounds like you like the dNaNo too much for letting a track get in your way of buying a/some dNaNo(s) right away. The way I see it would you rather have a track with no dNaNo to race on or have a dNaNo with at least the ability to race elsewhere (until you could get the track).
Old 2008.04.30, 10:14 PM   #5
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

Good point there, but! Wouldn't I enjoy the Dnano even more if I had a track set up at home to race it on? I can't afford both, but, at least with the track, I can enjoy my current car's even more instead of waiting forever for next race day. My birthday is coming next week and I'm hoping some how I can get both. I've got money set up for one or the other.
Question really is, what kind of a set up can I comfortably put in the space I've got? I'd like to be able to have some sort of pit table, charging station, and a couch. My ideal set up for this area, would be have it completely enclosed like a sun-room. Set up the track permanently, add a couch, and the othe amneties I mentioned. If it was enclosed, I could keep it all year round.
In order to get both track and Dnano, I would need 600 clams, give or take a few shells.
Old 2008.04.30, 10:16 PM   #6
marc
Honda Insight Racer!

At least with the Dnano, I can race it in smaller spaces where the Z is too big. So, it's a toss-up. Iny, Miney, Moe; do I want a track or a Dnano!
Old 2008.05.01, 02:55 AM   #7
RobinZ

Nice deck you've got over there. What a space.

I would go for whatever the HFAY prescribes and try to fit that.

I've two Z racers right now, and the most important goal for me is to be able to actually race the expensive bastards and not only look at them.

(Help, I need a track, where in Europe can I buy RCP)

My Gallery
RobinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.01, 02:58 AM   #8
RobinZ

BTW, is HFAY on mini-96 track or the larger tile track?

My Gallery
RobinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.05.01, 07:32 AM   #9
hrdrvr
MBMZR

^ HFAY is raced with 2 wide Ls.

Marc, if you want to have pit areas and seating, you may want to stick with the 2 wide Ls.

We have a little more space than you, and set up all kinds of layouts.

Our room is 16 wide and about 40 long. We have a lot of room at each end of the track though, and some around both sides. Id say our track is the 13' wide (sometimes a little wider at the far end), and about 24-26' long. We have 3 wide Ls a wide radius turn kit and the 45* kit. You could probably have a bigger track than 2 wide Ls, but it all depends on how much area you want around the track, and how crteative you can get with the s pace you have.

Here is a link to the track Im talking about. Ill get another pic up in that thread today of a narrower layout. It is only 4 lanes wide for the length of it. I could measure it for you if you are interested in an exact size.

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28267

LET's Go Racing!
hrdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote