Mini-Z, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer, MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, Forums, News, Pictures, Parts, and Shop - Mini-ZRacer.com
Forums, Mini-Z, MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho MiniZ, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer
Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Mini-Z Parts, MiniZ Hop-Ups, MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Hop-Ups, Kyosho Mini-Z Parts, Kyosho MiniZ Hop-Ups, Kyosho MiniZ Parts, Kyosho Mini-Z Racer Hop-Ups, Racer Kyosho Mini-Z Parts
Old 2008.01.05, 02:40 PM   #1
Davey G
Need a mini z Painted????

Send a message via MSN to Davey G
TEAM SCREAM 900mah Mini Z Cells

Thats right, TEAM SCREAM RACING the winningest 1/18th scale national battery matching/zapping company is now diving head first into the MINI Z market. John Cravotta the owner of Team Scream has over 7 yrs of battery matching experience and has been racing for over 25 yrs, TEAM SCREAMS latest achievement came Thanksgiving weekend, winning the highly touted 1/12th scale class at the Cleveland Indoor Champs, there batteries are no joke. TEAM SCREAM will be releasing there 900mah AAA battery February 1st or sooner. I have personally tested these multiple times, and these are the fastest cells I have ever run. This isnt just another battery, I did say that these are being released by a battery MATCHER/ZAPPER didnt I?? (hint hint) These will be sold in groups of 4 and will come with TEAM SCREAM blue shrink with Black logo. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. John from TEAM SCREAM will be on here shortly....

Custom Paint, Custom Stickers, Wraps, Pitboards, Graphic Design

TEAM DRIVER FOR: PN RACING, TRP, TEAM SCREAM, DG DESIGNS
Davey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.05, 03:06 PM   #2
pchan0
Team ShoBoi

Send a message via ICQ to pchan0 Send a message via MSN to pchan0
What kind of voltage will we see from these AAA? Price?
Old 2008.01.05, 07:54 PM   #3
SaiTam
Are you Fetted?

Can you give/sell me a few sets so that I can test them for you?

I run Mod Oval and 2WD Mod in NNJ and I need extreme punch and speed.

So far I find Orion and Intellect batteries being the fastest.
SaiTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.05, 08:13 PM   #4
arch2b

Send a message via AIM to arch2b
please ask john if he would like an 'ask team scream' subforum
arch2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.05, 08:52 PM   #5
wcrotty

Send a message via AIM to wcrotty
What are the testing numbers you are using.

Charge amps
Charge cutoff
Discharge amps
Discharge cutoff

Also what kind of numbers are you looking at selling?

with the above.

Avg Voltage
Internal resistance
Discharge Time.

2008 PN World Champion
2008 PN Canadian Champion
2006 PN World Champion
2004 Kyosho Cup National Champion
2003 Kyosho Cup National Champion
wcrotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.05, 10:38 PM   #6
Ancient Artist

I agree that Team Scream is one of the best, if not THE best in the high performance battery market these days. They also run a top notch business to match (no pun intended); but do you think these will be neccesary from a competitive sense?
Don't get me wrong -for a reasonable price (assuming they will be as good or better then anything else) I'd drop them in my Sinister just because they would be cool to have.
However I thought I read a blog from Cristian (at Atomic Mods) that matched packs would never really be needed for this scale because the cars get so much power now.

Then again....never say never right ?

That being said I better leave a few spots in my battery case JUST IN CASE !
Ancient Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.05, 11:07 PM   #7
wcrotty

I agree with Christian on the matched packs not being needed for mod class though. Stock class if you can match punchy packs and high voltage packs it MIGHT make a difference. In modified it doesn't matter. You can't get the power to the ground. Unless foam tires and traction compound is allowed in the future. (I hope this doesn't happen)

But numbers on batteries can be manipulated and what you get from a matching company may not really reflect what the batteries really can put out. Zapping cells only lasts for so long.

2008 PN World Champion
2006 PN World Champion
Old 2008.01.06, 01:02 AM   #8
EMU
EMUracing

Send a message via AIM to EMU
I agree that a matched pack is not really necessary for a mod car. But for stock class or HFAY, battery power is speed... and will make a stock class car run with punch similar to a modified car. A good set of cells could mean the difference between winning and not with good competition.

I have spent a lot of time trying to make my cars run faster, when it has mainly been my batteries slowing me down. I recently picked up 5 sets of cheap Duratrax 750's. One of the guys that I raced with zapped a few sets. Those sets run quite a bit faster than the ones that arent zapped... I have more punch with them than any set of Intellects that I have had. Of course I know that they will not last as long since they have been zapped (a little less capacity), but I am alright with that races are under 10 minutes anyway. Now I have to sort through them and see which cells are good, and which ones arent... Its a long weening process. I have been waiting for matched zapped sets to come on the market for some time.

Daves cars allways FLY in the mains... and I know thats when he is using his matched sets. In practice and in qualifies, hes fast... but not nearly as fast as he is in the mains.
Old 2008.01.06, 07:14 AM   #9
byebye

I just picked up a set of those Duracell 1000's. First charge they had so much punch that my car was nearly undrivable. Jonny from StaffordUK said he wa able to get 40min. of run time from one set. They just completed the 12 hour race yesterday but I haven't heard from him.

Anyway, my question is with this scale is it more important for batteries to be punchy or last long or both? I'm not really familiar with any other scale than this but I've heard of the benfits of a really good matched set of batteries. Will this company be making a battery pack that from the beginning of it's usable life will provide the same punch and longevity until it needs to be replaced?

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.06, 07:19 AM   #10
bermbuster
GF Racing

Sweet Deal.....Team Scream..... John has always been an innovator doing what everybody else said wasnt needed in 1/18 scale as well. Next he might start tuning 130 motors.....(hint)
I believe the really fast guys now have some battery mojo and now even the common racer can get some......
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.06, 07:30 AM   #11
bermbuster
GF Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye
Will this company be making a battery pack that from the beginning of it's usable life will provide the same punch and longevity until it needs to be replaced?Kris
I cant say how aaa cells react in the long haul compared to 2/3 a cells. I have been using Team Scream matched cells(3 years) and the packs I make up give me and my son awesome service.....We are not the fastest racers but we never have trouble on the electrical power side.....
Im sure if Dave G. is endorsing them (he has been secretly testing them)
the cells are that good....
Team Scream doesnt sell junk so the hobby has just went up a notch.....
bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.06, 07:37 AM   #12
byebye

I think Team Orion was or is making a set for the mini-z as well.

You're right this is a notch up for the hobby. I'd like to be able to purchase a decent set of consistent batteries and never look back. I think right now I'm running 4 different sets of AAA's. My latest is those duracell 1000's but since they are new they are the strongest but that has been the same with every new set.

Subcribed for more details...

Kris
byebye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.06, 02:00 PM   #13
wcrotty

How much are the packs going to be?

2008 PN World Champion
2006 PN World Champion
Old 2008.01.06, 02:37 PM   #14
JC@TSR

Tsr 900 Mah Cells

Hi Everyone, well it has been a long time in the making but I did not want the news out until I knew these cells were the real deal. As you know Dave G has been running them and has had great results.

I will give some discharge data this week. The Intellects that I have been testing seems to have an IR of around 228. My cells tested in pack form were 204 to 201.

I am still working on pricing, as I want to make these affordable for everyone including Dealers. This is a new market for me and I will have pricing set soon.

I totally agree about the matching of these cells is not needed for the modified class. The stock class is what these cells would be best suited for. If you think about it though, wouldnt a matched pack provide more runtime over a non-matched pack, so wouldnt they be awesome in mod too? IMO a matched set of cells is better all across the board then a non matched pack.

TEAM SCREAM is the type of company that can always provide the racer the best possible products available. Consumers sometimes cant always get what a Factory Driver can, I do not hold back on my products because I feel you should be able to get the same quality product the TEAM DRIVER get.

Manipulating numbers is a big "NO NO" if you are in the battery matching business. I can not see why other companies would do this just to make a buck. It will take down your business in a heart beat if someone put it out there on the forums that false numbers are being provided. This is something have never done and will never do. The numbers that come off the matchers "are what they are".

If other companies want to jeopardize their business name with false data, be my guest. That is not where I want to go after all the hard work I put in to the sport I love. WCrotty I see that you are in the New England area just like I am. Mark Smyka just won the Cleveland Indoor champs with my cells, you can ask him about my quality if youd like.

If you have any more comments or questions please let me know....

John at Team Scream Racing
www.teamscreamracing.com
978-337-0429
1/12 Stock Cleveland US Indoor Champion 2007
18 Time 1/18 Off Road National Champion
18 Time 1/18 On Road National Champion
26 Time East Coast Champion
RCX 2WD Stock Mini-Z Champion
2008 RCX F1 Stock Mini-Z TQ/Champion
2008 RCX Pan Car Mod Mini-Z TQ/Champion
2008 19T UK National Champion
2005 Stock UK National Champion
2006 4 Time BRCA UK Champion
JC@TSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.06, 03:19 PM   #15
Flashsp-2
motor guru

John, glad to see that these are going to reasonably priced. I have one question: are these going to be matched/zapped Orion 900 cells, or have you outsourced cells from somewhere else? I'm very excited about these cells, they have been a long time coming for this hobby. Thanks....

Available at www.Maine-iac-motors-rc.com

Last edited by Flashsp-2; 2008.01.06 at 03:21 PM.
Flashsp-2 is offline   Reply With Quote